android
Old 02-05-2009, 02:46 PM

Default Audible Book Support on D2

Hi, After a couple of months research I bought my D2 as it had Audible, DAB & FM support as well. I use my Garmin for Audible but wanted some a little more compact for carring around. However, after three weeks (that is how long I have had it now) I stil can not get my Audible books to work!!

Audible have reset my account; I have deactivated my devices; I have installed via WMP and Audiblemanager and still no joy. Advancedmp3players, where I bought it from have said they are waiting for Cowon to come back to them but is it supposed to work (it has a flash on the box 'Audible compatible') or not.

Has anybody had a similar problem and if so any answers or suggestions, please?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-05-2009, 02:58 PM
Visiting troll from Pocketables

tried both MSC and MTP mode?

Old 02-05-2009, 05:42 PM

Yes tried both MSC & MTP modes. Tried Audiblemanager and Windows Media Player (latter suggested by AMP3). Uninstalled, deactivated on three different pc/laptops.

Old 02-06-2009, 01:41 AM
Visiting troll from Pocketables

Only non-ipod device I've used with audible is the clip, where I used audible managed. Does the player even show up?

Old 02-06-2009, 11:56 AM

I've used my D2 with audibles files without any problems. I used the audible manager, just selected the D2 and was able to transfer and listen to the book.

Old 02-08-2009, 10:22 AM

Hi, I can see the D2 via audible manager and even put the files on the device, everything except play then! The device even activates or at least says it is activated. I have firmware v4.59 what are you using, please>

Old 02-08-2009, 10:46 AM

I've used my D2 for Audible and it works fine. You might try re-installing the firmware. I had a problem with another player not playing Audible and I re-installed the firmware and it was fine after that. That was a few years ago and it wasn't a D2 but it can't hurt to try.

There is a glitch with the D2 playing Audible files. It doesn't resume reliably. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. With MP3 audiobooks resume on the D2 is very reliable. I've reported this to Cowon several firmware versions ago and it still does it on my player and some others I know so my guess is this isn't going to be fixed. Bookmarks work fine on Audible files so they're still very usable.

Barry

Old 02-09-2009, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartec View Post
Hi, I can see the D2 via audible manager and even put the files on the device, everything except play then! The device even activates or at least says it is activated. I have firmware v4.59 what are you using, please>
I am using v2.57 (the one that came with it). Maybe like Barryem said reinstalling the firmware. I listen, put book makers and all that kind of stuff on my D2.

Old 02-13-2009, 04:04 PM

I just realized you said you're using firmware v4.59. I'm using 2.59. I wonder if that's why Audible works for me and not for you. I don't know what to 4.xx series firmware differences are but you might look into the 2.xx series and see if it's safe on your player and if so, try it.

Barry

Old 02-14-2009, 04:38 AM

Hi, Catching up on all posts and thank you for the replies.

1) Firmware supplied was 4.57 so I upgraded to 4.59. How can I downgrade or is this wise to do so?

2) Audible Manager sees the D2, activates it and transfers the files. I can browse to them on the D2 but when select to play nothing happens.

3) All my files work on my Sony Ericsson P1i and Garmin Nuvi 720.

4) Had reply from AdvancedMP3Players and Cowon has informed them they have tried different firmware with there Audible files and no problems. So they think Audible has changed the file protocol or something and are checking with Audible. Some of my Audible Books on my account are a few months old so would this 'change' effect them or just newer ones?

So at moment not going forward, unless it is my D2 has a bug?

Will keep you informed of developments. Cheers.

Old 02-14-2009, 08:06 AM

When I put Audible books on my D2 they're just there. Nothing special was needed to find them as far as I remember.

My guess is that the older books wouldn't be affected by any format change unless that change was caused by the program as it transfers the files. However, I keep Audible Manager updated and that change would probably affect me too.

I put an Audible file on the player before I first replied in this thread, although I normally use another player for Audible. Anyway, it worked okay. I did this on my laptop which is fairly new so the file would have been downloaded recently.

Barry

Old 02-16-2009, 01:01 PM

I have had a thought: I have the DAB D2 version. The Cowon site has 4.59 as latest firmware and 2.59 for D2 (which I take it is not DAB version). I am goinig to give it another week then decide whether I return it as it has been four weeks or so now. Cheers.

Tags
audible, cowon, d2, iaudio