android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-29-2009, 09:08 PM

Default Zen Micro stopped working after impact

My Zen Micro tried to break my fall as I tumbled down a flight of stairs. It worked fine for the rest of the day but was non responsive the next day. Now it won't switch on/off or work for that matter. When removing and replacing the battery however, the unit seems to boot up but stalls at the 'Creative' logo. In this new 'Logo mode' the buttons on the unit don't work. My PC also doesn't pick up ZM when plugged in.

I have since discovered the 'recovery mode'. This got the excitement levels up but not for very long. All the buttons work in 'recovery mode' and they make the familiar clicking noise. I can select menu items and the promts thereafter but then the unit seems to stall again when executing commands ie. 'clean up', 'format', 'reload firmware' and 'reboot'. 'Reboot' seems to work, but this only results in 'Logo mode'. My PC also doesn't pick up ZM in 'recovery mode'.

There is no visible damage to the unit inside or out. After some forum surfing I learned how to take the Micro apart - everything seems fine. No loose/broken bits/parts.

Can this ZM be repaired or is it time for a new one?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]