android
Old 01-29-2009, 02:31 PM

Default Sansa Clip Battery Wont Fully Charge

I just got my sansa clip a couple of weeks ago and now it is not taking a full charge. I can let it charge overnight and when i take it off the battery is still at 70%. Is this normal has anyone else had this problem?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-29-2009, 02:42 PM

Reinstall the firmware. Maybe something happened in the software that needs to be fixed.

If that doesn't work, return it, probably just a defective battery. Don't lose hope in the clip though. Amazing little player.

Old 01-29-2009, 02:51 PM

Thanks

Do I need to reformat to reinstall the firmware? I just got everything loaded on it

Old 01-29-2009, 02:57 PM

I'm not sure, I just looked at the sansa forums, and their firmware page doesn't really say anything about formatting. Back up just to be sure. By the way, the answer you got on those forums was way better, try resetting the software first like they said.

Old 01-29-2009, 07:41 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Nope--the firmware should not affect your files, as far as I am aware. But I'd have a back-up (or the originals) around, just in case ...

Old 01-30-2009, 09:34 AM

lol, happened to me. When I first got my clip, I upgraded the firmware to the latest 1. After that, I went on and charged my clip for 4 hours!!! and it's only half way through. Then, I thought, "Hey wait... does my cellphone provide the same small usb port!?" and went off to where I usually charge my krazr and in half an hour, BAM fully charged. (personally i have no clue why, but it just happened)

Old 01-30-2009, 09:46 AM

I have upgraded the firmware and tried the software reset. Something is buggy with it because I let it charge all night again I made sure my PC stayed on all night and when I took it off it showed 71% then when I got to work it was showing 100%.....

Old 01-30-2009, 10:08 AM

I've noticed the Sansa Clip has to take time to note the changing in a charge. I'd have it almost dead, charge it overnight, then in the morning, for a few minutes, it was near nothing; and after a couple songs it would be at full 100%

Old 01-30-2009, 10:22 AM

I had a 1gb clip before upgrading to a 4gb fuze and mine never had this problem ever. Sounds like to me that you need to bring it back to the store where you got it and exchange it for another one. My fuze had never given me a problem like this ever, although it takes longer to charge then the 1gb did.

Old 01-31-2009, 06:53 PM

mine does the same, leave it turned on pause music and charge it

Old 02-01-2009, 10:55 AM

Default re charging

TRy charging uSB to PC. There is a battery condition detail in there that shows the % of charge. Might be something to compare to.

Old 11-22-2009, 11:15 AM

I'm having what might be a problem. My battery shows a full charge but while it's plugged in it will always say that it's charging. The sansa syncing program that pops up says it's 0% charged. So far I haven't had a problem with the battery acting screwy but I'm a little worried. Does anybody else have this problem. I'm thinking about exchanging it at the bestbuy where I bought it.

Old 11-22-2009, 12:27 PM
Ultra Senior Member

This is very common, and usually resolves itself after a few charge cycles. If you drain the battery to 20% or so before charging again for 2 or 3 cycles, this problem might resolve itself. The problem has to do with cilibration of the battery meter. It is nothing to worry about, unless the player gets excessively hot while charging.

Old 11-22-2009, 03:05 PM

no, it doesn't get hot at all while charging. It's good to know that it's not a real problem with the player. I'll discharge it a few times and hope it will go away.

Sorry if I asked a question that probably has been answered a million times on this forum. I should have tried to search harder.

Old 09-06-2011, 09:11 PM

Default thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killzone View Post
mine does the same, leave it turned on pause music and charge it
thanks killzone - this totally worked!

Old 09-06-2011, 09:31 PM
Administrator

Welcome to ABi

Please notice the dates on threads before you bump them open. This thread is over 2 years old and you just wrote a thank you to someone who hasn't been here since this thread was active. Click the members name and check their last activity in their public profile before you do this again.

BTW, if you have to pause your Clip for it to charge there's something wrong. I have several of them and none of them need anything but to be connected to charge properly.

Thread Closed.

Closed Thread