Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2006, 06:31 PM
Default Language and Copyright questions

I've owned a Samsung YP-F1 for about a year and am quite happy with its features - it recognizes and displays Asian characters, for one thing. Lately though, it's been acting weird. I won't go into details. Anyhow, I took it back Best Buy and the conclusion was, I had the choice of replacing it with a different brand/model MP3 Player, because they no longer carry that particular model.

Now I'm considering exchanging it for an iRiver Clix 2GB for just an additional $20 with my Product Replacement Plan. However, I need a few questions answered before I decide to switch brands. I'm hoping someone will be able to help me out.

#1: Will this model display Asian characters (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc.) and other special characters (eg. , , , , , , etc.)? I listen to a wide variety of music in many languages, so this is very important to me.

#2: Will I be able to transfer (simply drag and drop/copy and paste, without the use of any programs) ANY song in one of the supported formats from a folder on my computer (let's say "My Music") to the MP3 "drive," which is usually my H drive on "My Computer?" This I can do with my Samsung. My boyfriend got an iPod and he couldn't transfer any song that he hadn't, um, purchased to his iPod, with or without the use of the program that it came with. We're both really frustrated with this.

Well, these are my main concerns. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]