android
Old 01-28-2009, 10:35 AM

Default Sansa c250v2 "Refresh Database" Freezes

Let me just start by saying thanks to everyone in this forum. I've been searching through the threads trying to find the solution to my players malfunction, and although I haven't found a solution that works, it is clear that there are a lot of intelligent, helpful people contributing. Thanks to all of you.

I wish I could say the same for the reps at Sandisk Support.

The problem is one I've heard people repeat again and again, but I've never seen a solution. Let me start by saying I have the following...

1) Sansa C250 V2 (NOT V1 No rockbox for me)
2) I have updated the firmware using Sansa FW updater (v3.02.05A)
3) 2GB Kingston microSD card (yes, it works just fine)
4) A folder on my HDD of about 500 songs I've copied from CDs.
5) A really bad headache from dealing with this peice of S**t player.

The Problem: If I put more than a few songs onto the microSD card at a time, the "Refresh Database" screen that comes up when I re-insert the card will only get part of the way through. Then it just stops. Forever. And ever.

What the f**k is wrong with the device? I can get WMP 11 AND Winamp 5 to sync to the device. Both programs show the internal and SD card memory locations and report the correct capacity. I can sync music to the internal memory just fine. That part works wonderfully. But, when I try to sync OR drag and drop music onto the card, the refresh database screen freezes. And, if I connect it to the PC again, the external SD card can no longer be accessed by WMP or WinAmp. If I open the "Sansa C250" icon from "My Computer", I can see both the internal and SD card icons. However, if I double-click on the external memory icon, the folder is completely empty! Even though I just transferred like 50 songs to it!

I've tried reformatting the card, the device, updating the FW, I even put the microSD card in another device and played MP3s just to make sure it wasn't the card's fault.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME?

Thanks!!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-31-2009, 09:11 PM

Cool Not much help...but

I know this is not a great solution to your problem, but I always sync up my sd card seperate from my player.

I picked up a little multi-sd card reader at best buy for $15, so I sync to that with media monkey, then afterwards I add it to the player.

I know this isn't a great fix, but perhaps something worth looking into.

Good luck!

Old 02-01-2009, 05:20 PM

I use a Kingston 2 gig cards in my version 1 players without any problems. However, I have seen complaints about some of the other Sansa models having compatibility issues with Kingston cards. If I were in your place, I'd try a different brand card.

Tags
c250, freezes, refresh database, sansa, v2