android
Old 07-22-2009, 05:33 PM

hey guys, i don't want anyone to forget about this thread. if you have questions about the cowon s9, or troubles or anything concerns really, post them here and whether it's by me or someone else, your concern will be answered.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-23-2009, 06:54 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I'll send you a visitor.

Old 07-23-2009, 05:24 PM

I tried to rip one of my CDs on the Media Organizer program that was on the disk it came with but when trying to rip, the cd information was missing. I got like +20 CDs I want to rip and there is no way I am going to type all the CD information in.
Is there anyway I can get the CD information without typing it automatically?

Last edited by 1ako; 07-23-2009 at 06:29 PM.

Old 07-23-2009, 07:47 PM
Ultra Senior Member

If you read any of the other posts in this forum, you'd see that none of us use Jet Audio to rip or manage our music.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:58 PM

Oh i didnt know. What do you suggest me using to rip cds and dvd that automatically has all the cd and dvd info?

Old 07-23-2009, 10:05 PM

Has anyone else noticed that you can't have the radio widget and the quick play/pause/fw/rw widget both active at the same time (regardless of whether they are on the same menu)? Is this the way that Cowon designed it, or am I missing something here? Most likely it's the way Cowon designed it, but why would they make such an illogical choice? This is the only thing preventing me from using widgets' view instead of the classic icon views

Old 07-23-2009, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ako View Post
I tried to rip one of my CDs on the Media Organizer program that was on the disk it came with but when trying to rip, the cd information was missing. I got like +20 CDs I want to rip and there is no way I am going to type all the CD information in.
Is there anyway I can get the CD information without typing it automatically?

I recommend you try MediaMonkey. Be aware the year tags are a bit funny with Media Monkey though. There have been issues with the year tags not displaying in Winamp.

Old 07-23-2009, 11:09 PM

I'm a new owner of a 32G S9 and have a basic question on operating the player.

Is there a simpler or quicker way to access a specific video/album/artist in the music/video libraries without having to scroll through the entire text list one-by-one? I know you can use the landscape "cover flow" view for the music library to pick out a particular album, but that's not too helpful when I have cover art is missing from some of my albums. Besides, the "cover flow" view doesn't seem to be available when I'm looking through a list of videos or artists. I'd like to be able to easily jump around or search through the alphabetical lists for the libraries, but haven't figured out if there's a way to do that yet.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:27 AM

So media monkey rips dvd too? Why doesnt anyone use jet audio to manage music? Is there anything else that manages music better?

Old 07-24-2009, 09:03 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ako View Post
So media monkey rips dvd too?

No, Media Monkey doesn't rip dvd's.

Why doesnt anyone use jet audio to manage music?

Because Jet Audio is horrible for managing music - PERIOD!!!

Is there anything else that manages music better?

Didn't someone recommend Media Monkey to you? Or try J.River Media Jukebox (that's what I use), or Winamp.
If you ask a question, then get an answer, I'd suggest you try what was suggested. Asking again will not get a different recommendation, either in this thread or another.

Old 07-24-2009, 11:30 AM

When did i ask the same question? I asked for a program that automatically collects info when ripping a cd and a guy said media monkey.. I then asked for a program that manages music better than jet audio. I was thinking media monkey only ripped cd... I didnt know it did both. Then i asked for a program that rips dvd which no one has answered yet.

Old 07-24-2009, 03:30 PM

Well, since no one answered my previous question, I'll post it again, this time with 2 additional ones

1.You can't seem to have the quick play/pause widget and radio widget active at the same time. It doesn't matter if you have then on different menus - only one can be active at a time. Did Cowon design it this way, or am I missing something here?...because it's sort of annoying how I can't switch between listening to my library and the radio in widget mode without swiping the bottom.

2. Is it just me, or is the tactile feedback for the play/pause button really small compared to the vol +/- and rw/fw buttons? If I don't have my headphones on, I'm sometimes not sure whether or not the button was actually pressed or not.

3. Has anyone occasionally have their G-sensor just...not function? About 2 or 3 times now...I've turned on the S9, listened to some music, play some simple flash games (that don't require the G-sensor), play with UCI settings, etc. (basically anything that doesn't require the G-sensor). Then, for the fun of it, I would go to my photo viewer, open a pic, rotate the player, and the pic wouldn't rotate! I then would go to Hunter, a voila - the G-sensor doesn't respond at all. A simple restart would fix this...but has this happened to anyone else?

Old 07-24-2009, 06:47 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dover426 View Post
Is there a simpler or quicker way to access a specific video/album/artist in the music/video libraries without having to scroll through the entire text list one-by-one? I'd like to be able to easily jump around or search through the alphabetical lists for the libraries, but haven't figured out if there's a way to do that yet. Thanks.
In most files lists there is a bar on the right. Tap on the bar and the list will move to the same relative place. Middle of the bar moves you to the middle of the list. If your list is alphabetical, then tap near the bottom to get closest to the TUVWXYZs, and tap near the top to jump to the ABC (or 01,02,03) range. You can also swipe long lists to move them up or down quickly, although I'll use the bar first then swipe a time or two to find the song I was wanting.

Last edited by Olley; 07-25-2009 at 07:31 AM.

Old 07-25-2009, 12:19 AM

Ok. so I looked around to what i need to rip a DVD. Never Ripped a DVD so I am a complete newbie at this. I learned that i have to download a DVD Decrypter and something that encodes it am I correct? I just downloaded the DVDDecrypter 3.5.4.0 and inserted a DVD but I have no clue on what to do next. Can someone tell what I need to do?

For the encoder, what should I use? AutoGK, Super, any recomendations on which one is the best?
Again I am completely new to this so I am going to need a lot of help.

Old 07-25-2009, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
In most files lists there is a bar on the right. Tap on the bar and the list will move to the same relative place. Middle of the bar moves you to the middle of the list. If your list is alphabetical, then tap near the bottom to get closest to the TUVWXYZs, and tap near the top to jump to the ABC (or 01,02,03) range. You can also swipe long lists to move them up or down quickly, although I'll use the bar first then swipe a time or two to find the song I was wanting.
Thanks a lot for the info, Olley. That was just the tip I was looking for.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:50 PM

By the way does the cowon s9 have built in speaker and how do you delete tracks or artists on the player on the go?

Old 07-26-2009, 08:59 AM
Ultra Senior Member

The S9 doesn't have a speaker.
To delet files use the file browser. Find the file you want (in folder view) to delete and tap once on it. Then tap the big X on the bottom right. You'll get a pop-up choice between O and X. Pick O to delete the file.

Old 07-27-2009, 09:58 AM

can someone please answer my question about ripping dvds?
I am going to go on vacation on saturday and I would like to rip some of my dvds onto my cowon s9

Old 07-27-2009, 10:12 AM
Ultra Senior Member

There's ripping a DVD, and then there's converting it so it will run on your device.

I found a cheap program called 123Movies2iPod 2009 at my local Staples store. It looks at a DVD then gives you a whole slew of device profiles it can convert the DVD into. The S9 doesn't play MP4 files (the iPod default), but the software can make AVIs and WMVs as well. It takes some experimenting to find the best device option for the S9 (the S9 isn't one that's listed) , but once you do the Videos work well and look great.

There are a dozen or more alternatives, and each requires time to learn and study to optimize. You may be too late to have movies for your S9 by Saturday.

Old 07-27-2009, 01:39 PM

I just transferred a bunch of mp3 files that had art in the tag - done with Media Monkey, by far the best music manager -- and NONE of them display on my S9. The only difference was that I had changed to MTP mode previously. So I removed them, put it back to MSC and now the same files DO show the art.

Has anyone seen this behavior? This really surprised me. I guess I just don't understand enough about the differences between MSC and MTP.

Tags
answers, cowon, s9, trouble