android
Old 05-15-2009, 04:31 PM

Edit: nevermind.

Last edited by Jeff42; 05-15-2009 at 04:39 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-15-2009, 04:36 PM

No expansion slot on the S9.

Old 05-15-2009, 05:54 PM

Smudging - has anyone found that fingerprints are a problem? I've never had a touchscreen player before and I feel like a touchscreen would be bad for video playback after a while.

Old 05-15-2009, 06:13 PM

Also, I just read that the D2+ can run flash apps. What features exactly does the S9 have that the D2+ doesn't (is it worth the extra money)?

Old 05-15-2009, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff42 View Post
Smudging - has anyone found that fingerprints are a problem? I've never had a touchscreen player before and I feel like a touchscreen would be bad for video playback after a while.
i don't have a problem. and i do watch videos/clips/full length movies.

Old 05-15-2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mf1232 View Post
i don't have a problem. and i do watch videos/clips/full length movies.
The screen doesn't get fingerprint grease and stuff all over it? I'm just surprised it wouldn't look like a mess after a while.

Old 05-15-2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
The screen doesn't get fingerprint grease and stuff all over it? I'm just surprised it wouldn't look like a mess after a while.
well generally if your hands are greasy, then yeah you'll get more crap on it, maybe this should be incentive to wash your hands more... lol. even so, i tend to just give my finger a quick wipe on my pants to get any "grease" off if there is any... and if you just take your shirt, or a cloth, the fingerprints clean right off. I mean, if you don't ever clean the screen, then yeah after a while it will look awful. What I do when i go into a movie or etc, In settings I have hold as touchscreen only, and then while in the movie, if i need to fiddle with anything, i do so, then press play, then give it a quick clean on my pant leg or something, that way the movie doesn't get screwed up. if you get what i mean?

Old 05-15-2009, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Nah, I noticed it doesn't collect fingerprints as much as other touch screens. It could be the glass used. It also cleans pretty easily, you can just wipe it on your sleeve and the fingerprints are mostly gone.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:33 PM

I know what you mean. I was worried that even relatively clean hands would make a mess of it. Anyone got an answer to my previous question?
Quote:
Also, I just read that the D2+ can run flash apps. What features exactly does the S9 have that (or at least do better) the D2+ doesn't (is it worth the extra money)?

Old 05-16-2009, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravepower View Post
Nah, I noticed it doesn't collect fingerprints as much as other touch screens. It could be the glass used. It also cleans pretty easily, you can just wipe it on your sleeve and the fingerprints are mostly gone.
Hmm.. could be. When I play with my S9 i notice that it has some kind of special smooth, somewhat fluid touch( I know, it sounds weird :P, does anyone notice something like this as well ?), when compared to other touch screen players. But anyways I haven't got any problems at all with fingerprints and smudges, I wipe off the S9 with my shirt and all bad stuff is gone.

Question: would it make sense to defrag the S9 when you often put things on it and delete stuff, and move them around alot? (for boot time and general performance)

Old 05-16-2009, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Also, I just read that the D2+ can run flash apps. What features exactly does the S9 have that the D2+ doesn't (is it worth the extra money)?
2 words: Heck yes.

1. AMOLED screen > LCD screen
2. 3.3 inch > 2.5 inch
3. BBE VIVA, VIVA2 in the S9 are crazy good. D2+ are missing those presets.
4. I don't know about this part but I believe more people are using the S9 than the D2+, so... EVENTUALLY... there will be much more flash apps, skins etc.
5. Constant firmware updates for the S9... whereas the D2+ only had like 1 or 2 so far.
6. S9 weighs less I believe
7. S9 is sexier.

Old 05-16-2009, 05:21 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

Defrag will not improve anything on Flash-based drives, and will likely wear them out sooner - I would not recommend it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aki View Post
Question: would it make sense to defrag the S9 when you often put things on it and delete stuff, and move them around alot? (for boot time and general performance)

Old 05-17-2009, 12:14 AM

Is there anyway to configure the music and photo browsing to scroll along with your finger (the way the folder/menu browsers do), since right now they jump one screen up or down at a time and you have to keep flicking.

Old 05-17-2009, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claw View Post
Defrag will not improve anything on Flash-based drives, and will likely wear them out sooner - I would not recommend it.
I have defragged flash drives but I wouldn't do it often. While the newer ones have a lot of writes (a few million I think?) I wouldn't do it more than say once or twice a year and only if it is really bad.

Old 05-17-2009, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uphaillife View Post
2 words: Heck yes.

1. AMOLED screen > LCD screen
2. 3.3 inch > 2.5 inch
3. BBE VIVA, VIVA2 in the S9 are crazy good. D2+ are missing those presets.
4. I don't know about this part but I believe more people are using the S9 than the D2+, so... EVENTUALLY... there will be much more flash apps, skins etc.
5. Constant firmware updates for the S9... whereas the D2+ only had like 1 or 2 so far.
6. S9 weighs less I believe
7. S9 is sexier.
Yeah I considered the AMOLED screen thing and ordered an S9 yesterday.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:03 PM

Hey Guys.
I was thinkin of getting an s9 :
1. This 20 pin connector thats stanndard in korea, what´s it called? Is there such a thing as a little adaptor that will connect the player to a USB or mini USB cable? I think it could be useful for when you forget the lead.
2. Is there a good way to transfer tv recordings from my digital box to the cowon s9? I was thinking of some sort of connector from the scart lead to my pc.

Old 05-29-2009, 11:56 PM

I have an S9 ordered from Newegg (gave up on waiting for the P3 to be widely available in the us -.-) and coming to me Monday or Tuesday, but I have a couple questions atm:

1.) Can I play multiple genres as one playlist? For example, can I select hard rock + progressive rock and only play from those two?

2.) Is there any support for ReplayGain or otherwise equalize/normalize volume?

Thanks.

Old 05-30-2009, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_five View Post
Hey Guys.
I was thinkin of getting an s9 :
1. This 20 pin connector thats stanndard in korea, what´s it called? Is there such a thing as a little adaptor that will connect the player to a USB or mini USB cable? I think it could be useful for when you forget the lead.
2. Is there a good way to transfer tv recordings from my digital box to the cowon s9? I was thinking of some sort of connector from the scart lead to my pc.
1. Its some S Korean standard - believed to be called the Samsung 20pin. I dont think anyone on the site has tested this theory though. See this link. SPINN uses the same cable as well.
2.S9 does not support linein video and audio recording (only audio). Some digital boxes like tivo will allow you to transfer tv files to your pc and then you can drag video files to the S9.

Old 05-30-2009, 08:58 AM

Hey guys! Just bought this player today and I can say this is an awesome stuff!

Im wondering if theres any Chinese song listener here? Well, Im one of them and I've been having this issue where I can't display the Chinese character on the player itself when the language on the player is set to English. Where when the player is set to Chinese, I can display them well. I'll be gladly appreciate if anyone help me with it.

Old 05-30-2009, 05:15 PM

thanks dexter,
Yes it is called a 20 pin samsung
I did a search for what I am looking for which is a tiny connector which would plug into the s9 and allow it to take a mini USB cable instead, but cant find anything. When I used a Zen Sleek I was often unable to say copy a podcast from my work pc to hear on the way home, or copy soemthing at my friends house due to not having the stupid cable with me. With my Clip its never a problem as everyone has a mini USB cable somwhere.
Probably wont buy an S9 because of this

Tags
answers, cowon, s9, trouble