android
Old 03-06-2009, 01:13 PM

Default digital television

In Korea the s9 comes with a function that allows you to watch digital television. We have d. tv. in Holland as well and I whas wondering if it whas a hardware or firmware option and if it would be possible to enable it with a firware hack. Or if I could get one from Korea and just change the language to english, and keep al the functions. I don't have a s9 yet as I'm waiting for the 32g's.
Thanks
Taco

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-14-2009, 09:26 AM

@disassembled, i never noticed a hissing when i had my EQ enabled

@neatos, my suggestion is to go to the s9 in my computer and manually move the files to where you want them to be.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1703 View Post
In Korea the s9 comes with a function that allows you to watch digital television. We have d. tv. in Holland as well and I whas wondering if it whas a hardware or firmware option and if it would be possible to enable it with a firware hack. Or if I could get one from Korea and just change the language to english, and keep al the functions. I don't have a s9 yet as I'm waiting for the 32g's.
Thanks
Taco
im guessing it's firmware and idk if you can or not, but if you can go ahead and hack it..

Old 03-16-2009, 09:03 PM

i have multiple questions
i currently own a p2 and am looking at furthering my pmp collection,

1 how good is the Bluetooth?
2 is the line out a standard audio cable or is it special, if the latter, how expensive is the line out cable?
3 what are the differences in chrome and titanium other than price?

Old 03-16-2009, 09:07 PM

2) There is no audio line-out, only a standard 3.5mm headphone-out.
3) No difference at all.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
2) There is no audio line-out, only a standard 3.5mm headphone-out.
sorry i misspoke, i meant line in,

Old 03-16-2009, 09:39 PM

http://www.jetmall.net/index.asp?Pag...ROD&ProdID=486

Old 03-16-2009, 10:54 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Bluetooth on the S9 sounds (to me) easily as good as bluetooth on the P2. The P2 does much more with bluetooth though, including support of two headsets at once.

I've got the Line-in cable, and it does a decent job. Haven't tried it but for one CD though. You can set a unique bitrate for each recording option (mic, FM, and line-in) up to 256kb/s. It will also try and auto-seperate tracks into seperate files if there is a deadspace between them. That setting is under settings though, not in the recording app.

The Chrome and the Titanium are now the same price at jetmall. The Chrome will show fingerprints on the chrome sides.

Old 03-16-2009, 11:04 PM

Default I have to ask this question

i have seen it in person and was shocked to see a player not bigger than my eyeglasses sitting on the wall. It is more something I would beat my Kids with if they were BAD!!!

Are there border lines around the tv when the Cowon s9 is hooked to it ?

Old 03-17-2009, 04:15 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Yes, with video output every video has black borders all around. This is true for composite output to any of my LCD widescreen TVs. Using the same TV inputs with a VCR or DVD player though gets no black bars with widescreen content. Serious flaw from my point of view.

I'm sorry, I just played around with video output and discovered that the volume buttons now both have a function. (-) toggles video to fill the screen. (+) switches back to the S9's screen and turns off video output. How good it look depend on the original video, but it's actually pretty great now compared to where they started. What confused me was that the update specs said the + button did the video scaling.

Last edited by Olley; 03-17-2009 at 05:24 AM.

Old 03-17-2009, 05:16 AM

I would have to use something like this when I used the Cowon s9 I am just too big
http://www.amazon.com/Myvu-Crystal-P...7284331&sr=1-4#

I still like the player but I literaiy could crush it with my hand

Last edited by MEGAKILL; 03-17-2009 at 05:33 AM.

Old 03-17-2009, 05:28 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGAKILL View Post
I would have to use something like this when I used the Con s9 I am just too big
http://www.amazon.com/Myvu-Crystal-P...7284331&sr=1-4#
I'd like to know how those glasses work with old folks who need reading glasses or those simply farsighted?

Old 03-17-2009, 08:07 AM

hi guys! im going to buy a s9 soon but before that i need to seek some final advice from the experts around here. im using a 3rd gen ipod nano with my phonak now so im wondering if a s9 or lod+amp+my ipod will give a better sound quality? The amp+lod should not cost more than a brand new 16g s9.

Old 03-17-2009, 03:04 PM

well, i cant say that i know which one of those will have better SQ, but i can tell you that overall, youll be much, much happier with the S9. period. standalone its SQ kills the ipods. and think about how much more there is to do with the s9, and how much more customizable it is. IMO i think it's all around a better choice than an amp with your ipod.

Old 03-17-2009, 03:13 PM

there is a difference between chrome and titanium. the chrome has a much more finished look on the sides, and it's shinier, almost metallic. im guessing if you looked at the sides you could see a blurred image of your reflection. of course the chrome is much more apt to finger prints or to show scratches.

the titanium has more of a matte color to it. it's not so shiny, and it's a bit darker. thus it doesn't show fingerprints, almost at all (i had the titanium), nor scratches.

Note: keep in mind that other than the sides, the chrome and titanium are exactly the same.

IMHO the titanium looks nicer and more "sleek". and some advice if your reading peoples reviews about it, ignore the people who say it feels "cheap". it is made out of plastic, other than the screen, but it does not, feel cheap at all. it feels well built actually.

Old 03-21-2009, 10:47 AM

hey guys, i just wanted to say that since 2.10 has come out and stuff, plus with claw and novas themes, im out of my league now. when i owned an s9 i was on top of everything, i had all the new themes and such. but since i sold my s9 it's hard to answer questions on things you don't know about. so now the answering is basically up to anyone who keeps up to date with everything and that knows a lot about the new FW. once i get an s9 again i will be back in action. but for now, this thread is up to everyone else.

Old 03-31-2009, 04:52 PM

I have a quick question. When updating firmware or UI do you have to update exactly in order, or can you skip from 2.08 to 2.10?

sorry for the dumb question

edit: Sorry i asked such a dumb question, wasn't thinking straight or something. But to answer my own question if you skipped FW update you just wouldn't have those features. but with UI you would just say..start a 2.1 and go all the way to the latest update?

Last edited by Americanfootbal; 03-31-2009 at 05:15 PM. Reason: rephrasing question

Old 03-31-2009, 07:19 PM

I'm pretty sure that you'll have all the features of 2.10 regardless of your starting point. Firmware is an all-in-one package. The only reason you don't need to do the inbetweens is because you bought your player later than everyone else. Welcome to abi btw.
Phonak Audeo PFE 111 (White), Sennheiser PX100 (Travel Purposes), Koss KSC-75 (Eh... Too Plingy)

Old 03-31-2009, 08:12 PM

Thank you. Ok that answered FW question but is it the same with UI, can you just download the latest version/fix and it will have the whole package?
sorry if i am confusing

edit: nvm i figured it out thnaks for the help Sansarulez83

Last edited by Americanfootbal; 03-31-2009 at 09:32 PM.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:48 PM
Ultra Senior Member

hey guys, have 2 question about the s9.

1. can i listen to music and play games/run apps at the same time on it (like on the p2)?

and 2. what is the little silver bump on the top of the player? is it some sort of home button?

thanks

Tags
answers, cowon, s9, trouble