android
Old 02-09-2009, 05:53 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Read thru the thread no one has ask this question, which is relevant and tottaly unrelevant. It involves the S9 but indirectly, so whomever has ordered the S9 thru amazon please answer this question. Ordering from amazon they say something like in transit......also usps is united postal service so.....what truck should I be looking for.......also does anyone know if your not there will they leave it at the door???Also is there a factory of sort I can go pick it up from when it FIRST arrives here. I did this with my Phonaks from Fedex I missed the product being delievered they DIDN'T leave it. So they took it back to the factory I went to go get it. This time however I don't know were the FACTORY is as well as I don't have the gas to get to it......So usps is this the mail truck.....mail man or is it coming in a ups truck because if so I can just go to the Ups factory. Highly doubtful I just wanna know does anyone know what truck they were driving lol......and if you missed it were did you go.....usps....ups....or fedex......Anyhow, thanks..

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-09-2009, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryepie View Post
I've found that you can only delete files by going into the Browser, navigating to the top level, and then entering [Folders] option, from there you can drill down to the file you want to delete and you should be able to get rid of it. If you don't go into [Folders] first but instead just go straight into the [Music], [Videos] etc folders then you cannot delete anything. Hope this helps.
Got it! Thanks a lot!

Old 02-10-2009, 06:26 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confispect View Post
...also usps is united postal service so.....what truck should I be looking for.......also does anyone know if your not there will they leave it at the door???Also is there a factory of sort I can go pick it up from when it FIRST arrives here. I did this with my Phonaks from Fedex I missed the product being delievered they DIDN'T leave it. So they took it back to the factory I went to go get it. This time however I don't know were the FACTORY is as well as I don't have the gas to get to it......So usps is this the mail truck.....mail man or is it coming in a ups truck because if so I can just go to the Ups factory. Highly doubtful I just wanna know does anyone know what truck they were driving lol......and if you missed it were did you go.....usps....ups....or fedex......Anyhow, thanks..
USPS is the united states postal service. Your postperson will probably leave it in yourmail box if it fits. If you got a tracking number stick it in their tracking site I linked to.

Old 02-12-2009, 06:02 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
USPS is the united states postal service. Your postperson will probably leave it in yourmail box if it fits. If you got a tracking number stick it in their tracking site I linked to.

Thanx....USPS sucks anyhow, I got it so who cares.

Old 02-13-2009, 07:46 AM

Don't get too excited about tracking the player delivery via USPS... Updating on the site is as slow as it gets.. Chances are you'll stuck at the status message "Status: Electronic Shipping Info Received". I recieved mine some two weeks ago and the status hasn't changed since then. Quite funny imho.. but the player arrived, that's for sure
Jabra BT620s

Old 02-17-2009, 10:07 PM

Default currupted file?

i just got mine today and uploaded a few songs just to check out the sound. went back to upload more aongs and now i just have a list of what seems like hundreds of files in chinese characters (regardless of the language selec ted.) i updated the firmware, reset, everything. now, it only displays these chinese files and i try to play, it saya invalid file. help!

Old 02-18-2009, 05:18 PM

So the invisibleSHIELD was a bummer huh? Not even the front-piece worked well? And did it make the back and sides feel very "shiny" instead of matte as it originally is on the titan?

Another one: will a higher res, for example 800x600 or whatever, play in 800x600 on the TV with TV-out cable even though the S9's screen resolution is less? If you know what I mean.

EDIT: I also read somewhere that the S9 supports subtitles for videos. Has anyone tried this out, and how does it work?

Last edited by megabyte; 02-19-2009 at 07:57 AM.

Old 02-27-2009, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggdrop View Post
i just got mine today and uploaded a few songs just to check out the sound. went back to upload more aongs and now i just have a list of what seems like hundreds of files in chinese characters (regardless of the language selec ted.) i updated the firmware, reset, everything. now, it only displays these chinese files and i try to play, it saya invalid file. help!
when you have the player plugged in, go to it in my computer, find param, and delete it. now reboot the device.

Old 02-28-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananagrabber View Post
Is there are file limit on the S9 like there is on the D2? And if so, anyone know exactly what that limit is?

I want to get a 32gb S9 but I have my music in Ogg Vorbis at 128 kbps, which means I can fit a lot of files on there. And if there's a limit, I'm getting a Samsung P3 instead.
The S9 actually uses a FAT32 file system, so there should be no file limit that isnt present on most common desktop computers as well. unless cowon for some reason put a limit on it, which would be silly because it would be extra work (and thus cost money) to make the player worse.

Old 02-28-2009, 12:14 PM

The D2's file limit is because of ID3 database indexing and has nothing to do with the used file system. Of course this is annoying - and I have no idea if the S9 has similar limitations. However, mine is filled to the brim with audio files, all are recognized, and bootup is much faster than the D2. With the D2 the file limit is only an issue with 32GB SDHC cards anyway - for 16GB cards the limit is good enough to fill the card to the brim (with "average" audio files, not thousands of 30 second clips).

Old 02-28-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mf1232 View Post
...and to be honest, they should've made it support more formats from the start. No doubt, if people ask for more formats, eventually they will probably send out a FW with a few more...
If the rumours are true and the CPU is telechips TCC7901, it already supports H.264 aka MPEG AVC as well as AAC audio, java and 3D acceleration on hardware.
Unfortunatly H.264 is patented (just as AAC is) and requires royalties to be paid for implementations of it. Considering there is already hardware support for playback of these formats, I would say that the issue is the royalties and that the decision has already been made to not support these formats. As much as i wish H.264 would be supported (my camera shoots H.264 video)...

Hardware licensing is always wierd though... and that may not be the chip they are using anyways... so who really knows, i suppose.

Old 02-28-2009, 12:34 PM

I have a question... it applies to the S9 but other portible decices as well.

1)Why is it only using flashplayer 7? It seems very limiting, because it is hard to find games out there these days that dont use at least flash 8.

I'm guessing that after adobe got flash from macromedia they produced flash 8 and released the source (or sell the source) for flash 7 so that companies can port it to their own operating systems, but they don't do that with the newer versions so it only works on operating systems that adobe supports.
Can anyone confirm that?

2)what is the OS running on the S9? if the proc really is the TCC7901, then it can run linux and winCE... is this running a flash UI on top of some modification of linux? or is this 100% custom OS? or what?

Old 02-28-2009, 12:39 PM

2) It's probably Nucleus RTOS, just like on the D2 (and lots of other players). Certainly not WinCE or any *nix flavor.

Old 03-01-2009, 03:38 AM

The S9 is compatible with .srt subtitles?

Old 03-01-2009, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_says View Post
The S9 actually uses a FAT32 file system, so there should be no file limit that isnt present on most common desktop computers as well. unless cowon for some reason put a limit on it, which would be silly because it would be extra work (and thus cost money) to make the player worse.
It says in the manual (p. 14) that there is a limit of 12 000 folders and 12 000 files (8000 audio files + 4000 others).
To me that doesn't seem like a problem though.

Old 03-01-2009, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inyue View Post
The S9 is compatible with .srt subtitles?
yes it is..plays them beautifully!

Old 03-04-2009, 08:14 PM

Does the S9 display gif images?

Old 03-04-2009, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssk786 View Post
yes it is..plays them beautifully!
Thanks!

Old 03-04-2009, 11:32 PM

Do you guys notice hissing when EQ is enabled?

Old 03-05-2009, 04:09 AM

just got my s9 and i ripped 3 cd's using wmp then converted them using the cowon thing they bundle with but when i put them on my cowon they all went into an unknown folder so i have 3 albums to sort through in 1 folder how do i correct this?

Tags
answers, cowon, s9, trouble