android
Old 02-16-2010, 12:32 PM
Redneck Moderator

Yes, you will have to contact cowon by e-mail(they dont' have a phone number... douchebags) and get an RMA number. Then they will look at it and probably charge you around 80USD to replace the screen.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-16-2010, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpigscanfly View Post
can anyone help me?

i dropped my s9 on the floor. the screen cracked but it's still working. i can still access the files and listen to the music with it.

but since i got it from overseas, the warranty is voided. so is it possible to send it back to them and have the screen replaced? i don't mind paying to get the screen replaced.

thanks.
Wait a minute. If you got it overseas, the warranty is voided?

Old 02-21-2010, 09:23 AM

Help New S9 Owner Need Lots of Help

Hello Everyone,
This is my first music player and I need a lot of help setting it up. The first thing I did was charge it up, then downloaded the newest firmware 2.51 as it came with 2.50 and installed it, and then downloaded and installed Claw's UI pack 3.44. So now when I turn it on I get the select your language screen, I touch English and now it's waiting for me to do something else, and when I don't know what to do the screen just goes blank. So if you all could please help this music lover get this going it would be very much appreciated. The manual doesn't really tell you how to interact with the UI, and I've read all the beginner's guides I can find, but I guess I'm not even up to beginner's level yet. Please help. Thank you for your time and patients, as I'm sure there will be lots of questions to come.

Old 02-21-2010, 09:38 AM

can you take a picture of it kik1? So we can see what your actual problem is. That stage of the setup is designed to be as simple as possible, so its mildly surprising that you've found an issue.

Old 02-21-2010, 11:40 AM

Smile This Player is amazing

I finally got it working. Lots of experimenting. This thing sounds great. Just takes a little effort on my part. The buttons are intuitive now that I see how they work. Thank you for your reply. I am one happy music lover now.

Old 03-10-2010, 09:57 AM

Default sound imbalance

My S9 sounds great in the one ear of the earphones, but really soft in the other! I've tried adjusting the L/R balance to no effect, and using other earphones. Also the song the S9 comes with sounds the same so it is not my PC. Am I missing something?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mf1232 View Post
Hey guys, there seems to be a lot of threads out there for problems or questions with s9 that i've noticed i can answer... So, i'm making this thread, ask me any question about the cowon s9 and i will probably know. i will try to reply asap. anybody feel free to answer any questions anyone has.
anything, really, go ahead and ask!

i own a titanium cowon s9 16gb, with a full body zagg invisible shield.

(Note: I'm not so good with flash editing...so i may only be able to answer basic questions)
(Note2: I actually need help with fixing my album art, so yeah lol.)

Old 03-10-2010, 10:58 AM

@Innigoose
You have either
  • damaged your earphones
  • damaged your ears
  • or damaged the 3.5mm female jack in the player

Old 03-10-2010, 11:32 AM

Quote:
My S9 sounds great in the one ear of the earphones, but really soft in the other! I've tried adjusting the L/R balance to no effect, and using other earphones. Also the song the S9 comes with sounds the same so it is not my PC. Am I missing something?!
It could be something as simple as not having the earphone jack pushed in the 3.5mm female input on the player all the way,it takes a little harder push to get it all the way in the jack especially when new.
I guess i'd have to admit I was new to this player once and had the same problem as yours ,just give it a firm push.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:27 PM

Ok Folks, I'm still a newbie so try not to laugh to hard at my question. I currently have Claw's UCI and DNW's UCI installed on my S9 as mainmenu1 and mainmenu2. How do I switch between the two of them?

Ok Folks, you can ignore my question. I figured it out. Thanks.

Last edited by markmp3guy; 03-12-2010 at 11:36 PM. Reason: fixed

Old 03-13-2010, 11:23 AM

Hi guys,

I have no flash knowledge and really bad with software. My poor cowon s9 has froze about 10 times in just 4days give or take. I'm using Jriver jukebox 12 to sync it and well it doesn't always do the job.

Question 1: I label track no in Jriver Jukebox but when it goes into the cowon instead of of the songs being in order like 123456789 its more like 678912345. And when I open the music file in My computer, its perfectly ordered. Help!

Question 2: I have installed Claw ui onto my cowon. There was a time that when I tried make it go to sleep it froze. It goes on and off. Is it the UCI or cowon or just user error?

Question 3: After playing one movie on the cowon, In tried to play another movie. All I got was a half black half green screen and audio was still playing. I tried the same movie and same result. Any suggestions?

Thanks guys in advance for replying my problems. Its really a very awesome player however I feel I'm not using it to its potential. Would be a shame to waste such a pievce of tech in my hands =(

Old 03-21-2010, 03:38 AM

I have a question for all of you. I saw a demo on youtube for the s9 before I purchased it and the guy the demo'd the device showed a different way of viewing albums when you turn the device sideways. When I do this I get about 18 squares per page of mini album covers rather than an "forgive the blasphemy" Ipodesque, accordion style view of all the albums. I think this is a feature built in to the device since the guy who did the demo was showing off it's features. How to I change to this album view? Anyone?

Old 03-21-2010, 05:07 AM

You would have to downgrade the firmware some versions, because at some point the matrix version replaced that style.

It could be possible that some UCI's use the old style, but I am not sure about this.

Old 03-21-2010, 07:00 PM

newone, thanks friend. I'm not about to risk damaging my s9 all for the sake of changing the way albums are shown. Personally, it's not worth it. I have claw's uci and I was hoping that there was an option to make albums show up in that accordion style but I guess it's not available cause I've been digging around for the past week looking.

Old 06-08-2010, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeky View Post
Hi guys,

I have no flash knowledge and really bad with software. My poor cowon s9 has froze about 10 times in just 4days give or take. I'm using Jriver jukebox 12 to sync it and well it doesn't always do the job.

Question 1: I label track no in Jriver Jukebox but when it goes into the cowon instead of of the songs being in order like 123456789 its more like 678912345. And when I open the music file in My computer, its perfectly ordered. Help!

Question 2: I have installed Claw ui onto my cowon. There was a time that when I tried make it go to sleep it froze. It goes on and off. Is it the UCI or cowon or just user error?

Question 3: After playing one movie on the cowon, In tried to play another movie. All I got was a half black half green screen and audio was still playing. I tried the same movie and same result. Any suggestions?

Thanks guys in advance for replying my problems. Its really a very awesome player however I feel I'm not using it to its potential. Would be a shame to waste such a pievce of tech in my hands =(
you should format your S9 completely and then install the newest firmware, once that is done you should switch from your current media software, to windows media player, it's not amazing but it works well enough for me. and it does have an advanced tag editor if you need it. as far as your videos go... make sure they're in the right format for the S9. the S9 is really picky when it comes to videos. sometimes even in the right format it will have playback errors.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:31 PM

can i use a rhapsody to go subscription with my cowon 16gb? i just bought the cowon and it won't let me download music... will it work? and how can i possibly fix it?

Old 07-28-2010, 07:24 AM

i've personally found media monkey and plain old windows media player to be the easiest to use with the cowon s9. but using the prior mentioned means that you'll have to use another program to download the music.

another method is to not use any software. download your music, and then take it from it's download folder, and copy it into the cowon S9's music folder. but then you'll have to (well you should) make new folders all the time to organize everything by artist and album.

hope that kind of helps.

Old 05-22-2011, 10:58 AM

I see a lot of questions but not many people using this thread. This thread is specifically for questions about the S9! So ask away!

Old 05-22-2011, 09:33 PM
Ultra Senior Member

O-O

Old 05-23-2011, 07:43 AM

Lol, thanks for the bump face Confispect

Old 05-23-2011, 08:41 PM
Ultra Senior Member

:d

Funny the people who come back.

Tags
answers, cowon, s9, trouble