android
Old 10-10-2009, 09:04 AM

hey guys. im running out of ideas and its driving me crazy.

I've tagged all my songs with media monkey, then found out that most of them were corrupt (album art didnt display correctly in windows) so I assumed this was the reason for it to not show up on the cowon s9. but unfortunately not. All of them now show properly on windows explorer, and mp3tag. but still lots dont show on my s9.. im embedding the cover file into the mp3 btw.

what else should I try..? could it be the id tags problem?

edit: nevermind. gotta delete and copy over again. seems to fix it!

Last edited by buckle; 10-10-2009 at 09:18 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-04-2009, 07:29 PM

Default S9 Issue

Hey guy's new to the forum and in the market for a new player. I am considering the s9, p3, and the x series. The Cowon looks very promising but I am concerned after reading some of the threads on this forum. I know there has been issues in the past with the s9 locking up or bricking as it has been called on here. My question is has Cowon fixed this issue or people still having the issue? I have a windows vista 64 bit laptop that it would be interfacing with.
Thanks,
Chevy

Old 11-04-2009, 10:34 PM

I haven't read through the entire thread, so forgive me if this has been answered:

Q: Is there any way at all to alter the way the Matrix view sorts albums? Sorting alphabetically by album name is pretty terrible.

Q: If there isn't, would it work to change all the folder names to the format <ARTIST><YEAR><ALBUM>, so the folder for OK Computer would be called "Radiohead - 1997 - OK Computer"? My understanding is that since Matrix sorts by the name of the folder the cover.jpg is in this might get it to sort things more meaningfully. It would be annoying to do this though. EDIT: Just tested this and it doesn't work. I guess you'd have to change the Album tags which is far less acceptable. narg.

Last edited by This; 11-04-2009 at 10:41 PM.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:13 AM

Matrix browsing ignores folders, it sorts strictly via ID3 tags - in a very bad way, as you already said. You could mess with your ID3 tags to get some order into that view, but it might be more hassle than it's worth.

Old 11-05-2009, 06:21 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68chevy View Post
Hey guy's new to the forum and in the market for a new player. I am considering the s9, p3, and the x series. The Cowon looks very promising but I am concerned after reading some of the threads on this forum. I know there has been issues in the past with the s9 locking up or bricking as it has been called on here. My question is has Cowon fixed this issue or people still having the issue? I have a windows vista 64 bit laptop that it would be interfacing with.
Thanks,
Chevy
If you've been reading through the forums then you'd know the bricking issues seem to ONLY occur w/a LINUX or MAC OS based machine. Vista was never a problem.

Old 11-05-2009, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
If you've been reading through the forums then you'd know the bricking issues seem to ONLY occur w/a LINUX or MAC OS based machine. Vista was never a problem.
Thanks for clearing this up. I was seriously thinking of getting a P3 but I think now I will get a 16 gig S9 ordered.
Thanks again.

Old 01-12-2010, 07:40 PM

I transfered some korean songs into my cowon s9 using monkey media when I noticed the korean song titles didnt show but a bunch of squares. I clicked on the song and tried to find the song title in korean and copy and paste it back but it changes into either a bunch of symbols or buch of squares.
How do i make my korean songs show in korean?

Old 01-13-2010, 04:25 AM

hey guys,
is S9 strong?
my S9 falled from about 20 cm....
it still works, but i am quite worry that it got some demage inside..
have anyone's s9 falled ? will it got something wrong?

thank~~~~~~

Old 01-13-2010, 05:07 AM

Default How do I sort mp3 files into different folders?

I am new to the S9 (mine arrived yesterday) so forgive me if this is a silly question.

I connected it to my PC (MSC) mode, then (using the F drive on the PC) created a new folder "audiobooks" under Music, then downloaded several free mp3 book chapters from LibriVox (free audiobook downloads).

But all mp3 files appear together under Music, and I cant see the new audiobooks folder.

How do I sort mp3 files into separate lists (ie each book separate)?

Thanks in advance for any answers

Old 01-13-2010, 06:06 AM

@Ugfrog;

1 hour converted AVI takes about 600 mb max (using the movie converter i got with the iriver spinn, that converted to 480*272 resolution) but personally, i don't convert, because it takes to much time :-) And when you use your video-link cable, it shows the movie in his own resolution up to 720*... (dvd-quality)

Old 01-13-2010, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnStodden View Post
But all mp3 files appear together under Music, and I cant see the new audiobooks folder.
You have to use folder mode, not ID3 browsing mode. It's right on top of your library list - over artist, album, genre, and the other ID3 browsing varieties.

FWIW, I made my audiobooks folder outside of the music folder, directly in the root of the S9. That minimizes the chance of things getting mixed up even more.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:53 AM

Quote:
You have to use folder mode, not ID3 browsing mode. It's right on top of your library list - over artist, album, genre, and the other ID3 browsing varieties
Thank you, that works fine!

Old 01-14-2010, 01:09 AM

Hey guys, I just got my S9 today I love it!

I three questions -
1) How can I stop the player from playing all of my videos? I mean, I watch a video and it automatically plays the next - is there a way I can stop that?

2) There is a small plastic film on the front of the player, should I take it off?

3) What folder do I drag Apps in?

Thanks!
Archos Gmini 402
HTC Excalibur Mobile Phone (Never get this dumbphone)

Last edited by Renci; 01-14-2010 at 01:22 AM.

Old 01-15-2010, 02:06 PM

Can someone please answer my question ASAP?

I transfered some korean songs into my cowon s9 using monkey media when I noticed the korean song titles didnt show but a bunch of squares. I clicked on the song and tried to find the song title in korean and copy and paste it back but it changes into either a bunch of symbols or buch of squares.

Old 01-17-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ako View Post
Can someone please answer my question ASAP?

I read around hearing some people say they have to change the Language Setting to (language here). Have you tried changing the language display to Korean?

Old 01-18-2010, 12:58 AM

if i just change language display to korean then wouldnt it change everything to korean?

Old 01-18-2010, 12:12 PM

New here since I'm planning to buy an S9 pretty soon and have few questions.
1)Is there any threads here or website to learn everything(or the maximum :P) about it(applications and such)?
2)What kind of apps is there?
3)Anything else good to know?
Thanks.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Keen View Post
New here since I'm planning to buy an S9 pretty soon and have few questions.
1)Is there any threads here or website to learn everything(or the maximum :P) about it(applications and such)?

Definitely, just look around. Check out the uci forum, and the bluetooth forum if that interests you. I can't send you specific threads, except maybe this one. Try searching.

2)What kind of apps is there?

Because it uses flash, most of the games/apps you'll get are actually flash games from the internet that happen to work.
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=41025
^ is a pack of games that just happened to work.

3)Anything else good to know?
You'll love it, but don't turn it down early on because of the ui. It takes getting used to. Again, check the uci forum, you might find you like. I strongly suggest trying Claw's, for me at least the default iu with ;some tweaking from Claw is perfect.

Oh, and if you order from amazon, they give you a $5 promotion for their mp3 store (at least in the us.) That's enough for one of their friday $5 albums or a few songs. just a heads-up
Thanks.
Welcome to ABi, hope you enjoy it.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:43 PM

I live in Canada but I'm planning to order from Amazon.com since it's 329$+shipping+taxes here while I can grab it for 259$ on amazon and I have my way to import it without any hassle. And anywhere I could look to find a bunch of usefull apps?(besides the subforum)

Is it me or I can't find anymore the official Cowon case on Amazon?

Last edited by Commander Keen; 01-18-2010 at 02:13 PM.

Old 01-18-2010, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Keen View Post
I live in Canada but I'm planning to order from Amazon.com since it's 329$+shipping+taxes here while I can grab it for 259$ on amazon and I have my way to import it without any hassle. And anywhere I could look to find a bunch of usefull apps?(besides the subforum)

Check the iaudiophile.net forums.

Is it me or I can't find anymore the official Cowon case on Amazon?

I saw it on the us site just a bit ago.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?ur...9+case&x=0&y=0
searching, I found the silicone skin and the plastic case. But not the leather one, if that's what you mean.

-

Tags
answers, cowon, s9, trouble