android
Old 07-27-2009, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
There's ripping a DVD, and then there's converting it so it will run on your device.

I found a cheap program called 123Movies2iPod 2009 at my local Staples store. It looks at a DVD then gives you a whole slew of device profiles it can convert the DVD into. The S9 doesn't play MP4 files (the iPod default), but the software can make AVIs and WMVs as well. It takes some experimenting to find the best device option for the S9 (the S9 isn't one that's listed) , but once you do the Videos work well and look great.

There are a dozen or more alternatives, and each requires time to learn and study to optimize. You may be too late to have movies for your S9 by Saturday.
Can I just use the DVDdecrypter that i downloaded? Does that rip the dvd? and then use a program like super or autogk to convert it?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-27-2009, 05:56 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ako View Post
Can I just use the DVDdecrypter that i downloaded? Does that rip the dvd? and then use a program like super or autogk to convert it?
That should work fine. Test it out, then give us your thoughts on the matter. It might help someone else who needs advice in the future.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:34 AM

Default art driving me crazy

Hi I want to simply add a .jpg extension

So for example in my folder for Be-Bob-Deluxe's 'Sunburst Finish' is the album art 'cover.jpg' and sure enough it displays no probs...however using exactly the same process (ie-cover.jpg) the art does not show in my other albums. Please help, having spent a day going through each individual album I'm in need of a working solution. Why would it work on one image but not the rest, yet the process is the same? IS there some control/setting on my S9 I'm not seeing here? Cheerz for any advice/solution.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:55 AM

I know you're looking for an answer gseehq, but submitting the same post to three separate threads probably isn't going to help you get the response you're after. I've replied here.

Old 07-30-2009, 01:02 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gseehq View Post
Hi I want to simply add a .jpg extension

So for example in my folder for Be-Bob-Deluxe's 'Sunburst Finish' is the album art 'cover.jpg' and sure enough it displays no probs...however using exactly the same process (ie-cover.jpg) the art does not show in my other albums. Please help, having spent a day going through each individual album I'm in need of a working solution. Why would it work on one image but not the rest, yet the process is the same? IS there some control/setting on my S9 I'm not seeing here? Cheerz for any advice/solution.
This is a thread about video, and as ti_marner has stated, posting in 3 different threads isn't the way to get an answer. Please post in the appropriate location.

Old 08-03-2009, 01:06 AM

I got my Cowon S9 a few days ago and now I'm required to charge it daily. I get around only 11 hours of audio alone at volume 20, brightness 6, and BME sound. I thought it said 55 hours of audio. Will the battery capacity increase the more that I use it. I hear that after a few weeks of usage, the battery gets longer, is that true?

Old 08-05-2009, 11:56 AM

This is not worth a separate thread, but I want some opinions on a question I have. I'm going to California next week, would any of you ever bring your S9 to the beach? I have a leather case, but it's not totally enclosed. If sand happens to get on my screen, would it scratch the screen? ...or get underneath the screen? Is it too dangerous to bring my baby to the beach? It would be nice to listen to music on the beach while I get a

Old 08-05-2009, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDavid_Le View Post
I got my Cowon S9 a few days ago and now I'm required to charge it daily. I get around only 11 hours of audio alone at volume 20, brightness 6, and BME sound. I thought it said 55 hours of audio. Will the battery capacity increase the more that I use it. I hear that after a few weeks of usage, the battery gets longer, is that true?
Have you checked that the bluetooth function is switched off?

Old 08-25-2009, 07:13 PM

Got a Problem:

So when i have music from either limewire or album from winrar, i just drag it over the cowon s9 (E) icon on monkey media.
When I view my music i always go into Browser then i touch Artist. Under artist when i try to delete tracks, the big X on the right bottom is not hilighted so i cant delete. Only way to delete is under Music in Browser section. But in the Music section, for some odd reason it is so disorganized.
Also when I try to listen to music on computer through monkey media with cowon plugged in, some music are missing or hard to find. Is there a way to make the Artist category show up on monkey media? And why isnt tracks deleting under Artist category on my cowon s9?

Last edited by 1ako; 08-25-2009 at 07:20 PM.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:07 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Limewire is bogus, and what do you mean "album from winrar"? Did you decompress it? Really, stop doing those torrents and you'll get no probs.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
Limewire is bogus, and what do you mean "album from winrar"? Did you decompress it? Really, stop doing those torrents and you'll get no probs.
I use a site like albumhunt.com and download an album through like megaload zshare etc... and if limewire is bogus where can i download music from?

Old 08-27-2009, 07:14 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
I use a site like albumhunt.com and download an album through like megaload zshare etc... and if limewire is bogus where can i download music from?
TBH, you're asking about illegal sources for music, and we don't do that here on ABI. Go to amazon & purchase your tunes, do a Google & look for LEGAL downloads, or buy and rip CD's.

Old 08-30-2009, 07:19 PM

ok so i tried to rip some cds on Media Monkey and it told me:
Due to license restrictions the free version of monkey media can not bundle MP3 encoding functionality beyond a 30 day trial period. For unrestricting please upgrade.
What should I do? Trying to rip my cds and have all the cd information automatically recognized so i dont have to manually type it in.

Old 08-30-2009, 07:32 PM

You could try using a separate program for ripping CD's like EAC or CDex, and then just tag the music in MediaMonkey, or you could try a different Media Management Software.

Old 08-30-2009, 10:48 PM

Quote:
ok so i tried to rip some cds on Media Monkey and it told me:
Due to license restrictions the free version of monkey media can not bundle MP3 encoding functionality beyond a 30 day trial period. For unrestricting please upgrade.
What should I do? Trying to rip my cds and have all the cd information automatically recognized so i dont have to manually type it in.
The encoder that Media Monkey uses for MP3 is LAME. Lame is actually freeware, but has limitations if you are implementing it into a product.

What you have to do is go download Lame itself, and replace the lame.dll file in the Media Monkey directory with the new one. Then you'll have unlimited mp3 encoding.
http://www.rarewares.org/mp3-lame-bundle.php

Look for LAME 3.98.2 and download it.

Last edited by Leroy Bad; 09-02-2009 at 12:58 AM.

Old 08-31-2009, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy Bad View Post
The encoder that Media Monkey uses for MP3 is LAME. Lame is actually freeware, but has limitations if you are implementing it into a product.

What you have to do is go download Lame itself, and replace the lame.dll file in the Media Monkey directory with the new one. Then you'll have unlimited mp3 encoding.
http://www.majorgeeks.com/LAME_d5709.html
How do I replace it with the Media Monkey one?>

Old 08-31-2009, 09:32 PM

Download the latest version of Lame and take the lame_enc.dll file and use it to replace the one in the Media Monkey directory by Copy and Pasting.

Old 09-26-2009, 09:58 AM

Quote:
When I view my music i always go into Browser then i touch Artist. Under artist when i try to delete tracks, the big X on the right bottom is not hilighted so i cant delete. s9?
when you delete stuff you have to go into browser then folders right?

Old 10-06-2009, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimonkeyman View Post
when you delete stuff you have to go into browser then folders right?
yes

Old 10-06-2009, 05:43 PM

how does this screen protector compare to zaggs
http://cgi.ebay.com/LCD-Screen-Prote...item4a9aed58f0

Tags
answers, cowon, s9, trouble