android
Old 01-19-2009, 08:59 PM

Default Requesting LATTE pmp for anythingbutipod

HI everyone. I want to suggest that latte's line of mp3 players be added to abi. from what i know about them and the ones i've actually used, they're pretty good. They may be oem, but they're great nonetheless. take their iVu for example, 2mp camera, the best sounding built in stereo speakers, and an fm transmitter. these things are great, and you guys should take a look at em.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-19-2009, 09:51 PM

I have seen some of them, and they are none other then re branded chinese players, so I'm not sure if it would be a worthwhile persuit to add them, but nonetheless it is ABI and they are not ipods...

Old 01-19-2009, 10:01 PM

Lot's of companies do make their products in China, the difference is the parent company designs the player, researches, and develops it to their strict standards. Without the parent company's knowhow you end up with lesser quality products.
Latte Communications is a US based wholesale distributer that rebadges Asian made cellphones and MP3 players to sell in America. Alot of our members have gotten players like these from places such as Ebay. Most of the time they suffer from poor firmware, lack of features, and horrible build quality. Perhaps Latte is different but they don't actually seem to make anything. This means that they rely on companies with just enough tech knowledge to build a very basic simple player that most likely will fall apart under lite usage. If you have had good luck with these players then by all means post about your experiences in the other brands section of our forums. Perhaps when they get more players with more features then we may reconsider them but for now they are flying well below radar.

Last edited by no9; 01-19-2009 at 10:06 PM.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:02 PM

Randomtornado,
I am working for the Latte Communications and would like to leave some comment on the incorrect information about our company.

First of all, thank you for your great interest in our products.

We are a San Jose based company and US location mainly operates as the distribution/fulfillment center for our products. And we also have R&D unit in Korea where we research and develope our GSM cellphone units. It's true that sometimes we OEM from other manufacturers when they offer a great product. But most part, we give our own designed OEM products to other companies to sell under thier brands in certain region.

In San Jose HQ office, we also have a service center and technitians in house to support all North Americas.

Thank you,
Jason Park
Chief Operating Officer

Last edited by lattefone; 03-16-2009 at 02:03 PM.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lattefone View Post
Randomtornado,
I am working for the Latte Communications and would like to leave some comment on the incorrect information about our company.

First of all, thank you for your great interest in our products.

We are a San Jose based company and US location mainly operates as the distribution/fulfillment center for our products. And we also have R&D unit in Korea where we research and develope our GSM cellphone units. It's true that sometimes we OEM from other manufacturers when they offer a great product. But most part, we give our own designed OEM products to other companies to sell under thier brands in certain region.

In San Jose HQ office, we also have a service center and technitians in house to support all North Americas.

As for our sales channels, we are working very closely with Amazon, Target, Overstock, etc. and we are also developing the exclusive model for Amazon with thier required specs. You will see the new MP3 player soon for Amazon with great features.

Thank you,
Jason Park
Chief Operating Officer

Please do not post sites that sell, unless you have prior approval from an admin. If you persist without such approval, you will be banned.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc