android
Old 01-17-2009, 01:06 PM

Angry New Zen broken?

Hi i recently purchased a 2G Zen Micro off ebay.

I got the usb, and plug with it but no installation cd. But as soon as i turn on the Zen Micro, a recovery mode menu comes on and this is all that i have seen if i take the battery out n back in again, nothing comes up or changes, jst the creative start page then a logo comes up saying Firmware Problem with a square window picture just above the writing.

On the recovery mode, I went on clean up. Done this. Format all. Done that. and Reloaded firmware and then that was done. So for good measure i Rebooted the whole thing.

I then downloaded the Playsforsure latest version. and it says please connect the device, even though the Zen is connected to the usb and I have tried 3 USB ports.

I then went onto the hardware device window in my control panel and it has the zen micro there, with a yellow triangle with a ! inside it. I then right clicked and Uninstalled. When that was complete I Unplugged and plaugged back in. Still No joy.

I am running on a vista operated laptop with Windows Media Player 11. I tried to uninstall this and reload back to WMP10. But i couldnt find the WMP11 in my control panel.

On the recovery menu it says. Creative Zen Micro V0.0.58

Please any help would be greatly appreciated. I have tried non stop for 2 days to get it to work!

Cheers

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-17-2009, 10:24 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hello. WMP10 is not part of Vista; only WMP11 and you cannot uninstall. You will need to find a WinXP computer with WMP10 installed, not WMP11 to install the firmware.

Zen FAQ

Old 01-18-2009, 02:31 PM

Thumb Up :)

Hi.

Cheers i will try this tomorrow and let you know . Is there any chance after the firmware upgrade on a xp computer with WMP10 i will be able to do the music transfers and see the Zen etc on my Vista laptop, and with WMP11

Thanks

Old 01-18-2009, 07:49 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Vista is outstanding with MTP devices like the Zen; much more stable than WinXP.

Zen FAQ

Tags
broken, micro, recovery, zen