android
Old 01-12-2009, 04:39 PM

Help only standard UCI visible...WHY???

Hey,

first: yes I already read other threads but they didn't help me. They discussed my problem a bit but didn't had an answer that helped me

Here my problem: I have the UCI s from Samsung on my P2(dandy, cosmos etc.) now I wanted to add some of the "homemade" ones of the community but I cant see them on my P2...only in the file browser.
As Emoshito doesnt work on my PC (hell knows why) I drag and dropped them into my P2 in the mypack>UCI folder (exactly like the last time when I downloaded the Samsung UCIs)(yes I unzipped them before) But I cant remember if I had to do more or some thing...kind of installing stuff or so???

What the hell am I doing wrong I'm totally nerved because the P2 is super cool but the Samsung shitty software sucks. I just want more UCIs

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-14-2009, 06:35 AM
Banned

Crappy situation if your emodio wont work. Normally themes won't show up if you just drag 'n drop em. You could try to make "UCI" folder to main P2 folder (where is music, videos etc..) and put your ucis there. You can also try this. After disconnecting P2 from computer you sure could try to first power on p2 then poweroff and again poweron. Just lucky guessing =D. Getting Emodio work would fix it in a sec.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:07 AM

Thumb Down thanx

Well,
thank you for your advice but already tried to fix emodio (even tried it on a virtual machine but won't work, either).

Besides I fixed my problem AGAIN by myself...I just installed Emodio on another PC and it works without any difficulties.

That is the third time I asked the community for support and nobody (but you) tried to help that sucks!!!!!

THX for nothing

Old 01-15-2009, 12:43 PM

It's simple: UCI files have a hash in them. Only UCI's with the hash value for your device show up in the menu. When you download, and just drag'n'drop, someone else's hash value will be in them. When you copy a file with EmoDio, it fixes the hash. You can use any hexeditor to change the hash to the one that EmoDio uses (file offset 0x40-0x5f) or you can use JocoYeppTool to edit this data.

Old 01-25-2009, 07:00 AM

Emodio won't fix anything.
the other people UCI simply won't work, ad using emodio also the official Samsung UCI won't work either.
I can't do nothing.
Tested both with linux and windows. with one exception. with gnomad 2 under linux the official UCIs are visible. with Emodio NOTHING is visible.
here come the differences between apple and samsung. both did great players. Apple support them. Samsung is not doing it. we are left out in the cold.
And BTW emodio is a very shitty program....written with feet.

Old 01-25-2009, 07:48 AM

fejesjoco has the answer...

However there is another option for those of you that cannot get the new UCI system to work, you could downgrade your firmware to before the new system (using Emodio) was implemented.. say to 4.13. This should allow for drag and drop of UCIs to show on your player without having the annoyance of having to use Emodio, though you do lose some firmware enhancements.

Read the firmware changes and procedures before downgrading, if that's what you decide to do.
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=32690

Last edited by Utew; 01-25-2009 at 07:59 AM.

Old 01-25-2009, 08:28 AM

the problem is I'm good to go with 5.10 FW.
I do not want to downgrade anything. All I want is a way to personalize my player.
If this is possible then it have to work fine. Viceversa the problems will be the same forever and ever.
Actually I still can transfer ANY of the emodio UCI i've downloaded, but they won't simply show up....
So, let's do a summary. no future FW updates. no corrections on the shitty emodio (nowhere close to any of the music management programs out there, in term of functionality), no nothing.
Must i throw away my player? seems the only way.....

Old 01-25-2009, 09:58 AM

MrHaze, I feel your frustration in every post.. the easy solution is, if you don't like the player then sell it and get something else. There are plenty of great choices out there, but each one has it's own quirks. Why be so miserable?

Samsung does not owe users any more updates as the P2 has been out for a while, this is common practice with damn near all manufacturers. If all they did was update older players they would never be able to sell anything new.. and eventually go out of business.

Is Emodio a problem for some things? Yes... but you have two solutions above and neither seem to satisfy you. It's unlikely that Samsung is going to "fix" the UCI transfer problem, but it could happen. In the mean time, use one of the solutions above or use someone elses PC to transfer the UCIs you are dying for.. simple, really.

Last edited by Utew; 01-25-2009 at 01:04 PM.

Old 01-25-2009, 10:35 AM

yep ok.
I'm actually frustrated. you can bet.
All the solutions posted are not working.
and since the player can and must do what he promises, and btw I'm no donkey at all with pc, there must be a common line for making things go....
I've read and tryed a lot, without any success.
I'll then search a solution for within the forums without bothering you again.
sorry for the inconvenience.

Old 01-25-2009, 11:29 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I feel the frustration expressed in this thread as well. I must just be lucky though as the only problem I've had with emodio is it would occasionally just crash and need to be restarted. I've never tried to use any UCIs except from emodio.com via emodio.exe. I'm using 5.10 firmware, with emodio.exe being at version 1.0.3.8. I'm registered and can log onto emodio.com with no problem. I guess what I'm trying to get across is that from my perspective the P2 works as promised. I can also sync songs, photos, videos, and podcasts using windows media player. I'm sorry for your woes, but only someone who has suffered them and also fixed them is going to know how to help you specifically. Anyone who didn't fix them has moved on already. I recommend the cowon S9, although it's brand new and you'll surely bump into frustrations with it as well.

Old 01-25-2009, 01:29 PM

^^ Nicely put, Olley and perhaps a bit more diplomatic than my answer...

@MrHaze My apologies if I sounded harsh, my point was that there are solutions.. using a hex editor on the individual UCIs hashs, would solve the situation you are having. Should you have to resort to doing this? No...

It may be something inherent to your PC's configuration that is the problem, I would bet on it.. and that is going to be a difficult thing for anyone besides yourself to figure out. Hopefully, you'll come to a solution that works. If you do come up with a solution, be sure to let us all know.

Old 01-26-2009, 04:07 AM

no need to apologize.
I understand what you all are saying.
We'll work it out one way or another.
I'll let you know.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:33 AM

Exclamation Some UCIs work..

Is there a reason why some UCIs work and others don't?

This Pond UCI doesn't work from this site: http://alexzakl-4.narod.ru/uci_8.htm

Where the Lovely Snowman UCI does: http://alexzakl-4.narod.ru/uci_5.htm

I'm extracting the .rar, and adding the .uci file to emo dio and then transferring to the P2 that way. FYI: The firmware version is US 5.08..

The weird part is that when I set the theme in settings, the preview icon for the theme shows it!

Old 04-29-2010, 02:42 PM

Ive been having a similar problem with my UCI's i cannot get them to work on my P2

In my situation i have Emodio working on my machine. I used it to import the UCI's and i made sure they where in the right place and all that, but they just wont show up. Ive been messing with this for a few months on and off, even downgraded and upgraded several times (currently on 4.13)

Anything else i should look into?

Old 06-10-2010, 11:11 PM

so is there seriously no way to put ucis onto a P2 without emodio player? because i never got emodio player when i bought my P2.

Old 06-11-2010, 03:51 AM
Samsung Moderator

EmoDio can be downloaded on the Samsung website

Tags
add, download, emodio, p2, uci