android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung P2 > Samsung P2 BlueWave Firmware

Old 01-11-2009, 01:52 AM

Lightbulb Are the latest Bluewave Firmware & Firmware 5.10 one & the same & if so ...

Greetings All ,

I am new to the P2+ [& any & all FW downloading elements as such] as well as these forums, I appolgize for the length of this but I'm pretty frustrated with it so far, so patience plz as well as thx in advance for any & all help & info

I've just bought a new 16GB P2+ from FS in Canada & according to the info on the settings page it has the US 5.10 Firmware Version released 2008/09/01.

Is this the very latest Firmware & is this also the [latest] Bluewave Firmware I see being discussed? Are they one in the same? AND do I have to download all the previous Firmware versions to get the benefits of the FW additions as well? I've read that if I have the latest ? 5.10 FW it includes all of the previous FW additions as well ...

... If so, why is it that I don't see some/many of the upgrades or additions of special features that I've been reading about? Like the Subway Maps, Dictionary, No Games, just shows No File! as well No File Deletion Support, at least I can't find it. [ There are alot of left over files or names of them that I cannot delete !] Just sems to be alot of things missing or hidden

Another thing is when I check on the Emodio site for N/A it says there are no current FW or downloads for Canada for the P2.

Aside from that, from what I can tell or have so far experienced, am I correct in assuming that when the data cable is in & it is charging to/from PC/NB or transferring data you cannot turn the player on & use it ?
As I cannot turn it on & use it!
This seems pretty idiotic to me, like when you plug your NB in to charge it or cell phone or digicam you can still turn it on & use it.

I've also tried to permenently delete Photos & Music Files, but some won't delete & even with the ones that do-I have to do them all individually, no option to dlete all pics/music, the File name is still there & won't delete, there just doesn't seem to be any quick easy way to for you to PERMENENTLY DELETE ANY & ALL FILES & INFO you want to get rid of

Anyhow, I'm fine now.

Thx again for your time & patience, esp. if all my ranting is misplaced & some or alot of my frustration with this is something very simple

Regards/Cheers

BR

Last edited by The DarkSide; 01-11-2009 at 02:37 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-11-2009, 07:46 AM
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRose View Post
Is this the very latest Firmware & is this also the [latest] Bluewave Firmware I see being discussed? Are they one in the same? AND do I have to download all the previous Firmware versions to get the benefits of the FW additions as well? I've read that if I have the latest ? 5.10 FW it includes all of the previous FW additions as well ...
It is latest and propably the last too. No you dont have to download old firmwares. Newest one has always old features.

Quote:
... If so, why is it that I don't see some/many of the upgrades or additions of special features that I've been reading about? Like the Subway Maps, Dictionary, No Games, just shows No File! as well No File Deletion Support, at least I can't find it. [ There are alot of left over files or names of them that I cannot delete !] Just sems to be alot of things missing or hidden
You need to download subway map and games seperately. You can find em here http://thep2*zone.com/files/index.php?dir=P2%2FExtra (REMOVE "*" from the link, forums doesnt show p2 zone links). Dictionary works only with Korean firmware and it needs to be downloaded sperately too. If you really want Dictionary and lyrics (only KR I belive?) you can change your firmware to KR.
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=25784

Quote:
Another thing is when I check on the Emodio site for N/A it says there are no current FW or downloads for Canada for the P2.
You have the newest US firmware. There is no different firmware for canada.

Quote:
Aside from that, from what I can tell or have so far experienced, am I correct in assuming that when the data cable is in & it is charging to/from PC/NB or transferring data you cannot turn the player on & use it ?
As I cannot turn it on & use it!
This seems pretty idiotic to me, like when you plug your NB in to charge it or cell phone or digicam you can still turn it on & use it.
Yep, its true that you cant turn on the player when transferring data or charging. All we can do for that is to hope that someone will hack it and make it useable while connected to PC. Samsung aint gonna do anything about it.

Quote:
I've also tried to permenently delete Photos & Music Files, but some won't delete & even with the ones that do-I have to do them all individually, no option to dlete all pics/music, the File name is still there & won't delete, there just doesn't seem to be any quick easy way to for you to PERMENENTLY DELETE ANY & ALL FILES & INFO you want to get rid of
There is no delete all pictures, but you can delete files fast from computer. If your file wont delete make sure that it isnt your backround picture. Or when your listening to some song even if it is in pause you cant delete it.

Old 01-11-2009, 06:40 PM

Hi Teemu,

Well I thank you very much for replying with all the helpful/info on my new P2+ that I was inquiring about. That clears up alot of things that were bugging me.
There are some other things that I [will] need help with making sense but for now that goes along way to getting me started.
I posted this on both abi & dap & with 56 views on here & 19 views on theirs it seems like you are the only person that was kind enough to help me out & I thnak you for that

Just to let you know, that the reason I posted this was that their is just too much info to go thru in such a short period of time as I have to decide by this coming weekend if I keep it or take it bake to FS & get my $ back so I wanted to try & get a handle asap on these frustrating issues & problems for me or to make sure it wasn't a lemon.

Anyhow thx a million for your time & help.

Regards/Cheers

BR

Old 01-14-2009, 05:21 AM
Banned

You're welcome .