android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung P2 > Samsung P2 BlueWave Firmware

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2009, 01:52 AM

Lightbulb Are the latest Bluewave Firmware & Firmware 5.10 one & the same & if so ...

Greetings All ,

I am new to the P2+ [& any & all FW downloading elements as such] as well as these forums, I appolgize for the length of this but I'm pretty frustrated with it so far, so patience plz as well as thx in advance for any & all help & info

I've just bought a new 16GB P2+ from FS in Canada & according to the info on the settings page it has the US 5.10 Firmware Version released 2008/09/01.

Is this the very latest Firmware & is this also the [latest] Bluewave Firmware I see being discussed? Are they one in the same? AND do I have to download all the previous Firmware versions to get the benefits of the FW additions as well? I've read that if I have the latest ? 5.10 FW it includes all of the previous FW additions as well ...

... If so, why is it that I don't see some/many of the upgrades or additions of special features that I've been reading about? Like the Subway Maps, Dictionary, No Games, just shows No File! as well No File Deletion Support, at least I can't find it. [ There are alot of left over files or names of them that I cannot delete !] Just sems to be alot of things missing or hidden

Another thing is when I check on the Emodio site for N/A it says there are no current FW or downloads for Canada for the P2.

Aside from that, from what I can tell or have so far experienced, am I correct in assuming that when the data cable is in & it is charging to/from PC/NB or transferring data you cannot turn the player on & use it ?
As I cannot turn it on & use it!
This seems pretty idiotic to me, like when you plug your NB in to charge it or cell phone or digicam you can still turn it on & use it.

I've also tried to permenently delete Photos & Music Files, but some won't delete & even with the ones that do-I have to do them all individually, no option to dlete all pics/music, the File name is still there & won't delete, there just doesn't seem to be any quick easy way to for you to PERMENENTLY DELETE ANY & ALL FILES & INFO you want to get rid of

Anyhow, I'm fine now.

Thx again for your time & patience, esp. if all my ranting is misplaced & some or alot of my frustration with this is something very simple

Regards/Cheers

BR

Last edited by The DarkSide; 01-11-2009 at 02:37 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]