android
Old 01-11-2009, 12:09 AM

Default formatting problem

bksd2512_32 is my firmware version thing. i have no clue who or what makes my mp3 player. on the front it say MP4 digital player. but anywho the real question i have is that its a 4 gig mp3 player. i did a partition accidently and now it only allows it to be a 1.89 gig. is there any way i can fix it. it doesnt have an option to be any bigger either. the partition section only exceeds to 1.89 gigs and its really aggrevating since i just got this thing and now i broke it pretty much. cause 1.89 isnt going to hold what i want. really upset thinking about buying a mp3 player form wal-mart now cause im like GRRRRRRRR. anyone have any clue how i can format it back to 4 gigs. thanks.

under properties tab it says manufactuar is standard disk drives but also says samsung sp1614c scsi disk device

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-13-2009, 04:50 PM

If you look at the MP3 section of the CNET forums there's a note warning against reformatting Chinese unbranded MP3 players. As I recall there are posts suggesting a solution from Red Chair Software called Anapod Reinitialiser.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:08 PM

no... it doesnt work anapod is for ipod applications.. then they have a cgs testdisk thing that doesnt work either... it just re partitions things.. pretty stupid.. i really cant find out what to do. i know it holds 4 gigs though... i had like 2.9 on it originally then i formatted it and it went down to 1.89 so its not like it doesnt have the memory it actually does.. idk what to do. i wish there was like a restore to original condition. that be nice.