android
Old 04-01-2009, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by civiliza View Post
Just used your editor to clear up a long term problem with one of my Emodio created UCI's. For some reason the Icon->User defined BG->Shadow graphic for all my Matrix Icons seemed to contain data from the Woody UCI which produced weird artifacts if I changed the background. Thanks for allowing me to fix that problem.
Don't mention it.

Quote:
I would like to do this with some of my other UCI's, but the original icons used multi-bit transparency. I noticed that earlier in this thread you stated that you had changed to single bit transparency - is this a limitation of the P2 UCI or is it something you could add back in at some later date?
This is a limitation of the P2 UCI, as there is no such thing as "alpha channel", there is only the color magenta used as a transparency key.

In the past (and with EmoDio), importing anything with semitransparency would result in a magenta-tinted solid color. The P2 can't comprehend color gradients, so "impure magenta" isn't considered semitransparent.

If you want to edit other (non-multi-bit transparent) images in an EmoDio-generated UCI, you can. The program won't try to retroactively change anything.

...Hopefully that was easier to read than it looks... =_=

Last edited by MrIncognito; 04-01-2009 at 10:29 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-02-2009, 05:36 PM

Default Ditheree Do Dah

Yup, sort of made sense to me, but I have been pondering the problem for a while,

Guess that's why all my translucent buttons worked with their original background but magenta'd out when a user defined background was applied.

Suppose I'll have to revert to dithered transparency icons to emulate glass effects.

--

Incidentally, have you tried any interfaces with the icon in the shadow slot and the default icon slot fully transparent? I'll have to do some experimenting, but from what I saw of the shadow slot's effects, this could give me a sort of translucent effect with any User defined BG.

--

Finally (?) could you post the pixel positions of icons etc for the matrix type UCI's? I'm trying to set up a template in DrawPlus. On the basis that the top left pixel is at 0,0 and the bottom right is at 271, 479. Where would the icons and text sit?

My current guestimate of the top left icon pixels are at x=9, 95, 181 and y=34, 140, 246. Do you have better numbers and do you also have numbers for the text boxes under the icons?

Old 04-02-2009, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Yup, sort of made sense to me, but I have been pondering the problem for a while,

Guess that's why all my translucent buttons worked with their original background but magenta'd out when a user defined background was applied.
That is an effect I like to call "pinkstravaganza". I don't know why.

Quote:
Incidentally, have you tried any interfaces with the icon in the shadow slot and the default icon slot fully transparent? I'll have to do some experimenting, but from what I saw of the shadow slot's effects, this could give me a sort of translucent effect with any User defined BG.
No I have not tried that. But you would, yes, get a translucent effect with user defined BGs. Interesting idea... You could probably use that with a little bit of elbow grease to get your aforementioned glass effects.
My guess is that the alpha is 50% for those images, if that helps anyone.

Quote:
Finally (?) could you post the pixel positions of icons etc for the matrix type UCI's? I'm trying to set up a template in DrawPlus. On the basis that the top left pixel is at 0,0 and the bottom right is at 271, 479. Where would the icons and text sit?

My current guestimate of the top left icon pixels are at x=9, 95, 181 and y=34, 140, 246. Do you have better numbers and do you also have numbers for the text boxes under the icons?
From the best of my knowledge, the coordinates are as follows:
For icons:
x={9, 95, 181}
y={33, 140, 247}

For text labels:
y={106, 213, 320}
(Yes, they overlap with the icons. It's kind of weird.)

I got these from trying to reconstruct the Sammy Matrix skin. It's made much harder by the fact that the background and icons have different color depths...

Old 04-03-2009, 02:16 AM

i know this has been posted else where and i have tryed to ask but no one ever answers to help so mabey you really smart guys/gals can. i cant get any custom uci to work, i have most up to date firmware from samsungs website and all that even the latest emodio. how do i get it to work?

Old 04-03-2009, 06:57 PM

Default Don't know if it helps but ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccrew View Post
i know this has been posted else where and i have tryed to ask but no one ever answers to help so mabey you really smart guys/gals can. i cant get any custom uci to work, i have most up to date firmware from samsungs website and all that even the latest emodio. how do i get it to work?
Posted a reply on one of your other threads (the one in Samsung P2 instead of the UCI Themes one - sorry administrators) is that of any use?

Old 09-10-2009, 10:59 AM

This project is still alive, however progress has been slow recently, for which I apologize. Here are the current plans:

Version 0.0.5:
  • Made with a new version of Visual Studio
    • Will be appropriately themed for Vista
    • Will feature a better layout
  • Certain groups of images will be combined for easier processing (e.g. all the matrix icons will be as one image, arranged 5x2, for importing and exporting)
  • "Create skin" and "edit skin" buttons will be hidden instead of disabled, to help with the confusion
  • Most of the colors and images will be properly identified
  • Preview image generation
  • More error handling (Bullsh** errors won't cause you lose your work)
  • Image importing and conversion settings (Turning dithering on/off, alpha threshold)

Version 0.0.6
  • "Skin" support, creating, editing, and compiling

What is a "skin"? If a .UCI is a compiled executable, then the "skin" is the source code. "Skins" contain the data for creating a .UCI, and make modifying skins and creating them from scratch MUCH easier. Another feature of skins is the automatic generation of "widgets" such as menu icons and buttons. You simply need to choose the colors you want. By default it will create the classic style of widgets, but for the more artistic and technically minded, you can create and share your own widget styles.

Old 09-17-2009, 08:40 PM

keep going. I ' love my P2 with a new "widget"

Old 09-28-2009, 07:14 AM

so i was wondering if it's possible to make this editor compatible with Q1 uci templates
i tried opening some but it told me the file format is wrong
have all these uci's for q1 on the net been taken from korean sites?

Old 11-21-2009, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kehool View Post
so i was wondering if it's possible to make this editor compatible with Q1 uci templates
i tried opening some but it told me the file format is wrong
have all these uci's for q1 on the net been taken from korean sites?
That's something I've been wondering about too. It would be slightly more difficult, considering I wouldn't know much about the interface on those devices, but once the YP-P2 version is running, if people can provide me with various .uci files, I'll see if I can't give it a shot.

Old 01-30-2011, 01:46 PM

Well? How affairs move ahead? And that I look here silently somehow...

Tags
cosmos, editor, myskin, uci