android
Old 01-16-2009, 02:31 AM

No, I just don't see the point in making two different UCI editors. You're not ready yet, so if someone is interested in testing, they could test my solution in the meanwhile. And instead of trying to reverese engineer the file format, you could use my library and build a nice GUI on top of it, because I'm sure that I won't make any better GUI than what I have now. What do you think?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-16-2009, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fejesjoco View Post
No, I just don't see the point in making two different UCI editors. You're not ready yet, so if someone is interested in testing, they could test my solution in the meanwhile. And instead of trying to reverese engineer the file format, you could use my library and build a nice GUI on top of it, because I'm sure that I won't make any better GUI than what I have now. What do you think?
Not a bad idea. However, there are a few problems. I would prefer the ability to write the images from memory. And were I to use it, I would want to be able to encode images as 16bit or 256 color (Cosmos skins would be huge otherwise).

I've figured out most of the format already (I couldn't have made a viewer otherwise ), and from looking at your sourcecode, it seems the value that had been confusing me was a CRC.

If it's all right with you, I would like to implement your code (converting it to VB, of course) while giving you due credit for the awesome work you've done. That way we won't have to deal with writing images from memory only to read them again.

Old 01-16-2009, 11:10 AM

You CAN do it all in memory. There's a JocoUCI class in my program, it stores all UCI data in memory. I also made a GUI which can load and save UCI's and resource files so the average user can make use of my library class. The two are completely separated. So you can just borrow my library and there it is, storing everything in memory, not files. Reimplementing everything would be a huge waste of your time. it's .NET vs .NET, you can just include the JocoYeppTool.exe, I'll make the classes public and there you have it, all usable from VB. This way, you can spend all your time developing a nice GUI, and I can move on, I want an RSC library and some other nice stuff too, and I'm sure I won't make nice GUI's.

And yes, one of the first things on my todo list is 16 bit and indexed color support. AFAIK the Bitmap classes which my library exposes do handle this stuff, so you can start using my library right now, the interface won't change, only the Bitmap contents will, the outside world doesn't have to deal with it. And while I'm not ready, the size doesn't matter, it still works, so feel free to start, like right now.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:16 PM

Thumb Up

Quote:
You CAN do it all in memory. There's a JocoUCI class in my program, it stores all UCI data in memory. I also made a GUI which can load and save UCI's and resource files so the average user can make use of my library class. The two are completely separated. So you can just borrow my library and there it is, storing everything in memory, not files. Reimplementing everything would be a huge waste of your time. it's .NET vs .NET, you can just include the JocoYeppTool.exe, I'll make the classes public and there you have it, all usable from VB. This way, you can spend all your time developing a nice GUI, and I can move on, I want an RSC library and some other nice stuff too, and I'm sure I won't make nice GUI's.

And yes, one of the first things on my todo list is 16 bit and indexed color support. AFAIK the Bitmap classes which my library exposes do handle this stuff, so you can start using my library right now, the interface won't change, only the Bitmap contents will, the outside world doesn't have to deal with it. And while I'm not ready, the size doesn't matter, it still works, so feel free to start, like right now.
Ah, okay, I see what you mean. Very well then.
However, for the time being I will fill in the blanks in my classes with the info from your code. Don't worry about me wasting my time. Our classes are structured very similarly, and I'm willing to devote as much time as is necessary to this project.
When the JocoUCI library is complete, I will implement it as-is, and the program will definately benefit greatly from the speed increase.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:26 PM

I will implement 8 and 16 bit encodings by this time tomorrow. But it's just a minor modification, I can safely say it's pretty much complete right now.

Old 01-18-2009, 02:22 PM

WOW...Hackers/programmers rule!!!!

I hope you guys keep on refining your works so we P2 users can come up UI's that will keep giving the P2 fresh looks!

Old 01-18-2009, 06:57 PM

Hackers rule ? I just hate them when they cheat in online games ...

Old 01-19-2009, 05:01 PM

I wouldn't call cheating in games real hacking.
Anyway, image handling takes more than expected, GDI is a piece of sh...

Old 01-19-2009, 05:29 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't call cheating in games real hacking.
This is true.
Quote:
Anyway, image handling takes more than expected, GDI is a piece of sh...
This is true.
No rush. I have other parts of it to work on in the meantime.

EDIT: Like this
EDIT2: And this
Attached Images
File Type: png Matrixmenu.png (22.1 KB, 81 views)
File Type: png Myskinmenu.png (23.0 KB, 67 views)

Last edited by MrIncognito; 01-19-2009 at 09:41 PM.

Old 01-20-2009, 12:47 PM

Working on importing images. Later will come color editing and file saving. When those are complete I'll work on the next version.

Old 01-20-2009, 12:53 PM

Nice stuff, now I see our works won't collide, instead complement each other. My only job left with my UCI library is the correct importing and exporting of images, so that when you load and resave a UCI, they will be exactly the same. I need about one more day. Then I'll continue with some other nice Yepp-related hacking.

Old 01-20-2009, 04:18 PM

you guys are awesome =)
I won't let go of my P2 for another 2-3 year so things like this makes it more exciting

Old 01-25-2009, 11:15 AM

joco what happened to your website? is it down?
but this project is still continued right?

Old 01-26-2009, 01:29 PM

This is all so awesome!
I've already started working on making a custom UCI, but I think I'll wait untill you guys are done. Looks like it would save me hours

Congratulations!

Old 01-29-2009, 01:29 PM

Sorry for the delay . This version allows you to import images, view and change colors, and save .UCI files.

I have a mission for you, the P2 owners of tomorrow. I would like you to identify any mis-named images, and find out what the colors do (Select the "Widgets" image pack in the "Images" tab to see what I'm talking about).

I'll begin working on the Matrix Menu editor in the meantime.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ICU.zip (48.1 KB, 50 views)

Old 01-29-2009, 08:18 PM

let's make it work.........i love you MrIncognito ^-^. will you cont to develope it? I hope you will

Old 01-31-2009, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkprincexxx View Post
let's make it work.........i love you MrIncognito ^-^. will you cont to develope it? I hope you will
Of course. Why wouldn't I?

Another quick update for some things that have been gnawing at me. Image decoding is now much faster, you can change an image's format, and you can swap out the UCI's preview image. Check 'whatsnew.txt' for more details.

Also, the reason I ask for the missing image and color names is because I won't be able to make the actual skin editors without them. Or, at the very least, they'll suck horribly.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ICU.zip (55.2 KB, 40 views)

Old 01-31-2009, 04:54 AM

very nice

Old 01-31-2009, 06:15 AM

color01 - menu item unselected, unhighligthed
color02 - menu item selected, highlighted, color or "yes, no" option boxes.
color04 - outline color of text on menu items with long names that scrolls, also the backround for menu items that scrolls
color05 - color of previously selected item, before another windows pops up
color07 - text color of warning popup message, password, manual library update.

the others i don't know, I went though everything in the P2, but nothing was changed with the other colors. atleast what I think.

Last edited by korvmannen; 01-31-2009 at 06:34 AM.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:10 AM

i don't know what UCI is but here is the fisrt UCI i designed...(in progress)
Attached Files
File Type: uci newskin.uci (1.75 MB, 52 views)

Tags
cosmos, editor, myskin, uci