android
Old 01-01-2009, 08:15 PM

Default S3 & Emodio problems

After purchasing the S3 for my wife for xmas I have spent more time trying to get it to work properly than anyone should with little help from Samsung support. Finally got it to be recognized by XP by uninstalling and reinstalling WMP11.Two problems remain, when I pulg in the player it wil bring up the Emodio software however the S3 will not show up on the right side of the screen until I unplug it and plug it back in, it is a minor thing but seems like it should work. Second problem is creating playlist wth Emodio, I was able to create 1 playlist, name it and import it to the S3 , however I tried to create a second and it would try but just get hung up. Looking on the player it shows, Playlist 1, Playlist 2 , Playlist3 , Playlist 4 , Playlist 5 and the first playlist I created and named . I believe you are limited to 6 playlist on the S3. The generic playlist 1-5 do not show up on the right hand side of the Emodio software and therefore cannot be edited, renamed or deletd with Emodio. I know you can add to them on the player 1 song at a time but that is a pain. I am about to take this back to Best Buy and return it but thought maybe I am doing something wrong. I have looked through the manual and have not found a solution to this problem any input or help is appreciated!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-02-2009, 09:41 AM

I've had issues with Emodio software on our S3 devices as well. I used WMP 11 to transfer songs instead. Seems to recognize them every time while Emodio is hit or miss. When I have time I'm planning to look at using Media Monkey and possibly Songbird to manage songs for transfer to the S3. Only problem is I'll probably still have to use Emodio for video conversion and transfer.

What made me mad was the BestBuy website saying the device is Win2000 compatible and in reality it is not because it relies on the MTP driver from WMP 10 or WMP 11.