android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Toshiba Gigabeat > Toshiba Gigabeat S

View Poll Results: Did DaveMac-MS's Zune fix solve your problem?
Yes it did and thank you to DaveMac-MS 2 16.67%
No I couldn't get it to work 8 66.67%
I lost my thumbs in a freak monkey accident so I'm throwing it in a drawer to rot 2 16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-01-2009, 10:00 AM

Exclamation stuck on initializing, Fixing the Toshiba/Zune 09' Crash

s60 had no probs since purchase a year ago. i thought i was the only one with an s60 that doesnt experience anything anyone else is going thru. sadly not true...trying to sync with WMP10 and s60 is stuck on initializing and is not even being recognized by computer anymore and the movies i have on it wont play anymore. trying to format but cant even get computer to recognize it. unplug, reset battery, start, plug in to comp....nothing...stuck on initializing......any help is greatly appreciated

Here is more info on this on the front page about this zune bug. -EnzoTen

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-01-2009, 06:38 PM

My Gigabeat S30 did the same thing. I read about the problems with the Zune and tried a similar fix. I discharged the battery as much as possible and reset my PC clock back by one year. I connected it and changed the clock back to today's date (02/01/09). Thus far it is working ok. Hope it helps with your model.

Old 01-02-2009, 02:56 AM

Default good luck

Hey i had same problem with gigabeat s30 i just got it to work by plugging in the gigabeat going to device manager -- uninstalling gigabeat(under portable devices) -- unplug gigabeat -- replug gigabeat -- gigabeat should format after having some error 4, and work when it comes back on just be warned it's going to delete all your files to clear whatever problem it's having

Old 01-02-2009, 03:03 AM

oh, and reset the gigabeat with the battery dissconnector at the bottom before you replug it, sorry that's pretty important cuz it's when it should reset with "error 4"

Old 01-02-2009, 04:44 AM

my s30 is suffering the same fate...i plug it in go into my computer the s30's screen comes up with initialzing and doesnt go away even when i unplug it. i dont know what to do.

Old 01-02-2009, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcmd1 View Post
s60 had no probs since purchase a year ago. i thought i was the only one with an s60 that doesnt experience anything anyone else is going thru. sadly not true...trying to sync with WMP10 and s60 is stuck on initializing and is not even being recognized by computer anymore and the movies i have on it wont play anymore. trying to format but cant even get computer to recognize it. unplug, reset battery, start, plug in to comp....nothing...stuck on initializing......any help is greatly appreciated

is yours fixed yet....mine is still doing the initializing bs.

Old 01-02-2009, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippos wild View Post
Hey i had same problem with gigabeat s30 i just got it to work by plugging in the gigabeat going to device manager -- uninstalling gigabeat(under portable devices) -- unplug gigabeat -- replug gigabeat -- gigabeat should format after having some error 4, and work when it comes back on just be warned it's going to delete all your files to clear whatever problem it's having
i followed what you did....but i dont get an error....

Old 01-02-2009, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamm1972 View Post
My Gigabeat S30 did the same thing. I read about the problems with the Zune and tried a similar fix. I discharged the battery as much as possible and reset my PC clock back by one year. I connected it and changed the clock back to today's date (02/01/09). Thus far it is working ok. Hope it helps with your model.
im trying to discharge it now........im gona follow what you did....
ill post back if it works...

Old 01-02-2009, 12:23 PM

yeah mine was disscharged when i did it i don't know if that would have helped cause the error 4 because i just reset it, plugged it right back in, and it formatted

Old 01-02-2009, 01:32 PM

working on discharging...will advise, thanks all for the input

Old 01-02-2009, 01:57 PM

I gave it a really deep discharge, ie. keep turning it back on until you see nothing on the screen. I also had uninstalled it from device manager.

Old 01-02-2009, 02:57 PM

From IRC today,

15:50] <EnzoTen> that zune bug is actually a freescale bug, its effecting all players with the MC13783 processor
[15:51] <no9> which other players EnzoTen?
[15:51] <EnzoTen> toshiba s30
[15:52] <dfkt> someone posted about a toshiba screwup in the forums yesterday, afaik
[15:52] <no9> so it's probably the same fix

Old 01-02-2009, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no9 View Post
From IRC today,

15:50] <EnzoTen> that zune bug is actually a freescale bug, its effecting all players with the MC13783 processor
[15:51] <no9> which other players EnzoTen?
[15:51] <EnzoTen> toshiba s30
[15:52] <dfkt> someone posted about a toshiba screwup in the forums yesterday, afaik
[15:52] <no9> so it's probably the same fix
can you point me in the direction of fix for the zune....i cant find it...

Old 01-02-2009, 05:45 PM

mines still screwing up after i discharge it......i guess im gonna back to using, my toshiba f20.....that has never failed me......sad because i liked being to put videos on my mp3...

Old 01-02-2009, 06:47 PM

This is the Zune thread that has helped alot of members and could very well help with the toshiba's http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=38279

Old 01-02-2009, 07:41 PM

Quote:
This is the Zune thread that has helped alot of members and could very well help with the toshiba's http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=38279
thanks....

Old 01-02-2009, 10:13 PM

The Zune thread is worthless. The fix for the Zune is to just let it discharge.

I also tried removing with device manager, but I didn't get "error 4". I'm still stuck on initializing. I'm about to turn my Gigabeat S into a chew toy for the dog.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffaloclaw View Post

I also tried removing with device manager, but I didn't get "error 4". I'm still stuck on initializing. I'm about to turn my Gigabeat S into a chew toy for the dog.
Did you do it then? Follow what he said to do, and if you did that and it didn't work then post again and we will try to help you. I have talked to plenty of Zune users with the exact same problem and theirs have made it. Follow the directions, and I believe the fix should help you out of this

Old 01-02-2009, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffaloclaw View Post

me too...im going to leave mine for a week, i rand up toshiba and told them that many people are suffering the same fate and they act like its our fault.....$55 assesment fee...fuck them......

Old 01-03-2009, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Did you do it then? Follow what he said to do, and if you did that and it didn't work then post again and we will try to help you. I have talked to plenty of Zune users with the exact same problem and theirs have made it. Follow the directions, and I believe the fix should help you out of this
im following what he said, my mp3 is discharging as we speek. ill post back with results next week, but im fed up with toshiba acting like they dont know whats going on.