android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Cowon iAudio > Cowon S9

Old 01-08-2009, 04:00 AM

Use a virtual drive program, it will be faster

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-08-2009, 05:08 PM

Received my S9 today, quick impression is very positive. Sounds is much better/cleaner than my iTouch. Love all of the adjustment that can be made to the EQ too. I'm actually digging the matt black/titanium color over the Chrome, matched my black/titanium V-Moda Vibes prefectly.

One thing I have run across. Any MP3's I have converted via cd burn/re-import + id3 editor for album covers work fine. Any non DRM AAC files I convert via iTunes do not transfer the album cover. Looks like I'll have to use the ID3 editor for album covers regardless. Guess I won't be spending the extra money for drm free AAC after all.

Also, IMO the auto rotation is a little too flip happy, rotating with even the slightest tilt to one side or the other. Is there a way to adjust this?

Last edited by chronism; 01-08-2009 at 05:18 PM.

Old 01-10-2009, 02:48 PM

Hello mac-er....
New firmware 2.07 allows you to cancel the auto flip feature on music ... go to cowon website. With the firm ware update, you can also save album art as jpg files (cover.jpg i think like the cowon d2 - amazon has all of the album art you would want).

Dex

Old 01-10-2009, 04:27 PM

iTunes does not put album covers in the ID3 tags, they put it in a separate folder. Kind of a bummer imo

Old 01-10-2009, 04:52 PM

Thanks for the advice. I decided to use a program for Mac called ID3 Editor to install the album covers into the ID3 tags.

It also allows you to put the lyrics in there but for some reason they don't show up even though I have the option to display the lyrics switched on on the S9?

Other than that, I am loving this player.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronism View Post
Thanks for the advice. I decided to use a program for Mac called ID3 Editor to install the album covers into the ID3 tags.

It also allows you to put the lyrics in there but for some reason they don't show up even though I have the option to display the lyrics switched on on the S9?

Other than that, I am loving this player.
I've been trying to figure out how to get my protected itunes on this player, and i didn't even think to burn them to CD and them re-rip them. Do you notice any loss in sound quality?

Old 07-17-2009, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GzusReigns View Post
I've been trying to figure out how to get my protected itunes on this player, and i didn't even think to burn them to CD and them re-rip them. Do you notice any loss in sound quality?
vbr0 is one of the popular forms of mp3 now if memory serves ends up with much higher quality and decent sized files then standard mp3 of constant bit rate
Cowon A3 30g (working just fine)
Cowon O2 32gb /w 8gb SD Card(brand new hooray)