Old 05-10-2009, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiznumber1 View Post
uh....basic web browser lol. and have all the p3/p2 bluetooth capabiities
Kinda need wi-fi for that...

Old 05-10-2009, 08:49 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I want more G-sensor games!
Then I'd settle for bluetooth game play that would work between S9s, or even between my S9 and a Samsung P2 or P3.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:15 PM

wow, i see the title "s9 update wishlist" and i think "hmm, i think i want more g-sensor games...maybe a multiplayer game somehow...but i see claw beat me to it...

Old 05-11-2009, 07:19 PM

I was just bitching again about the lack of gapless on the current front page article... I know it's no use, they just don't listen at all, but anyways: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archi...adsix-ue11.php

Old 05-13-2009, 08:23 AM

Another thing that would be interesting for developers, is the ability to use SQLite databases. I recon that can dramatically increase possibilities.

Old 05-13-2009, 10:41 AM

Gapless is my most wanted feature.

I know people who are very interested in the S9, however they won't buy the S9 until gapless playback is possible. C'mon Cowon get with it!!

Milan

Old 05-14-2009, 03:53 PM

I want the old coverflow back, the one with 5 album view, instead of the new matrix view.

Also, this may be asking too much; don't know if this has been asked before. I'd like to see an "enqueue" option like in Winamp. Can this be done already? While playing a song, I'd like to be able to click on another song and select enqueue, so it will play next. I don't think the playlist can do that.

Old 05-14-2009, 04:12 PM

dont know if this is available via custom settings or w/e but i havent found it, and this browsing horizontally through music. or vertically with screen horizontal to allow creation of easier playlists via 2 columns or something along those lines, max the tv out transitions much smoother and less buggy
Cowon A3 30g (working just fine)
Cowon O2 32gb /w 8gb SD Card(brand new hooray)

Old 05-14-2009, 05:17 PM

10 band equalizer

Old 05-14-2009, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropez29 View Post
I want the old coverflow back, the one with 5 album view, instead of the new matrix view.
You could use one of the older music.swf screens that still contains the old-style cover flow. You can download mine here: http://www.speedyshare.com/733926521.html

Old 05-14-2009, 09:48 PM

You rock!!!! Thanks so much!

Old 05-16-2009, 07:52 PM

I realise the major problem with the interface, at least with file browsing, is that you have to double-tap an item to move down the folder tree, and you have to tap the "back" button on the bottom menu to go up the tree. It doesn't make sense that I have to tap a seemingly arbitrary button to return to the folder I was at before. In fact I mistook the "top" button for the "back" button and didn't realise the first few times that it sent me to the root of the folder hierarchy.

You should be able to navigate down the tree by dragging your finger to the left (like you can move to the next set of covers in the cover matrix by dragging to the left), and you should be able to go up the tree by dragging to the right. You can navigate the "settings" menu this way I've noticed, but it doesn't have a shifting animation like the cover matrix. This would all be a lot more intuitive if it was added to the file browser. Also if it had a similar shifting/dragging animation like the cover matrix it would be even more intuitive.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:06 PM

Let's look at 2 pictures.

One looks fun, the other looks boring as can be. To put in a lil bit of perspective, I'd rather have a good looking woman who is fun, instead of a drop dead gorgeous woman who would bore you to death.

Or in other words, regardless of what the S9 can do, it is an extremely boring device to use, and UCI's are only a band-aid. I have yet to own a P3, but I do own an S9, and a Zune 8gb, and even though my S9 may sound better, have better battery, better audio/video file support, and a better and larger screen, I'd rather use my Zune. The S9 is the first PMP I've owned that is a chore to use.

Old 05-16-2009, 11:30 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I'll agree that the Zunes have a unique UI and if they are what you get used to first then anything that comes later may seem like a chore. Even widgets loose their charm after awhile unless they can do something unique and useful, and are one tap away when you need them.

I've just received my P3 and the widgets, again, are already becoming "in my way". Boring is irrelivent once you get over how you get to your music/movies/photos and start just enjoying the content. Playing with widgets may come in handy when I'm showing off the device, or stuck in an airport for so long even my music starts to bore me.

Old 05-16-2009, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravepower View Post
I realise the major problem with the interface, at least with file browsing, is that you have to double-tap an item to move down the folder tree, and you have to tap the "back" button on the bottom menu to go up the tree. It doesn't make sense that I have to tap a seemingly arbitrary button to return to the folder I was at before. In fact I mistook the "top" button for the "back" button and didn't realise the first few times that it sent me to the root of the folder hierarchy.

You should be able to navigate down the tree by dragging your finger to the left (like you can move to the next set of covers in the cover matrix by dragging to the left), and you should be able to go up the tree by dragging to the right. You can navigate the "settings" menu this way I've noticed, but it doesn't have a shifting animation like the cover matrix. This would all be a lot more intuitive if it was added to the file browser. Also if it had a similar shifting/dragging animation like the cover matrix it would be even more intuitive.
dragging already works. left to go left; right to go right. however claws UCI lets you reverse that.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uphaillife View Post
dragging already works. left to go left; right to go right. however claws UCI lets you reverse that.
Ah thanks. I just tried it out and it does work. Funny thing is it doesn't always work. Maybe I'm not so good at dragging.

mysticstylez: I think the S9 interface looks very professional and has usability in mind. The P3 screen looks cluttered to me. I've never found using the S9 to be a chore myself.

If you really want that interface, the default S9 UI (2.30b) comes with a widget-style interface if you tap the speech bubble-shaped icon at the top-right of its main screen. It has clocks, a picture viewer, play/pause button, radio, battery indicator and a bunch of other things. Funny enough it also has three desktops, a bit like that P3 screenshot.

Old 05-18-2009, 12:12 PM

My wishlist has grown in recent days but a lot of it is probably impossible.

1. slideshow for my pictures in landscape mode.
2. more coverflow options in landscape.
3. edit title names in the S9.
4. lock files with password protection.
5. gapless playback

Old 05-18-2009, 01:10 PM

-Ability to choose between the older or newer coverscroll (darn it is hard to use something different than *****'s coverf**w