android
Old 03-21-2009, 08:36 PM

• Skip interval settings for music not ignored when paused.
  • Gapless!
  • TV out cable outputs audio when playing music, also video when viewing pictures.
  • Once video output is set to TV out, don't switch back to device when the next video starts.
  • Video control overlay has a "manual" control. If set, only switch it on when the user taps the centre of the screen, not when turning up volume or coming in from list. At the very least make the timeout configurable, it's way too long at the moment.
  • Confirmation when deleting bookmarks.
  • Full screen mode for text viewer.
  • Text viewer optionally reorientates horizontally from g-sensor.
  • Have a "configure" mode for widgets view - If you are in it, show the "arrow handles" for active buttons and list of available widgets at the bottom, otherwise only show widgets you have selected.
  • Why is "Quick menu" widget only four entries wide when there's room for five? I'd prefer two rows of five columns and no scrolling.
  • New widgets for bluetooth toggle and "currently playing"
  • Support for MPEG2 video.

Last edited by TackyTiger; 03-21-2009 at 09:12 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-23-2009, 10:53 PM

Right now all I want is proper playlist support...I hate how I have to switch to MTP to make a playlist and once I switch back to MSC all my playlists disappear....not cool...

just proper support for a specific playlist format like .m3u (which should be usable in MSC mode..)

Old 03-27-2009, 06:39 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I want perfect apps, without needing user made ones. It's easy to see what's needed at minimum in each app to make it as good as what you'll find on any other player. Do that for a start. Then let the amazing flash developers here step them up to blow the competition away.

Old 03-28-2009, 06:21 AM

Default Wishlist

Having just got an S9 and updated the firmware to 2.10 ....

Documents:-
==========
>> The ability to pivot text to landscape would be a great boon.
>> Read PDF files would be useful but not essential, it would save having to convert them to text.

Record:-
=======
>> Stereo mics, one in each top corner. That would be a great replacement for my 'Sony MD' (sorry Cowon) that I still have to use to get stereo recordings.

Pictures:-
========
>> Slideshow in landscape.

That's it for now.

Old 03-28-2009, 06:46 AM

i dont see the big deal with gapless, now before any of you go off on a rant...DONT, im just saying who cares if there's a .4 millisecond gap in between songs? whatever, ask for what you want, its your deal whether you care for gapless or not. and i don't.

Old 04-06-2009, 12:23 PM

Higher priority
  • Ability to remove files (even when playing)
  • Standard UI ability to turn the mainmenu with G sensor
  • Password Protection for the whole player and parts of it, if you set a password for the S9 you should be able to choose whether it should ask for it each time you turn it on, or once in x times.
  • The ability to set playback speed and pitch correction in the now 'playing/music' screen, would be nice if you find a song a tad too slow or fast, you can adapt it to your needs.
Medium priority
  • More precise playback speed ajustment, in terms of 1% or 5%, not 10%.
  • If possible refine the pitch correction more.
  • 'Graphical equalizer' mode while playing music (not sure how to call it, I mean like with the sansa clip when you press the middle button when it is playing, all those bars come that go with the music).
Low priority
  • A bit far fetched but I saw a few people complaining that you can't play music when using flash, it would be nice to see an option to turn off flash sounds/music to continue listening your own music while playing flash.
  • Bluetooth sharing I don't think Cowon will come up with this, but maybe some people can alter the firmware so you can also share files.
  • H.264 support, the hardware supports it, and cowon probably won't pay for the license for H.264 , so maybe someone can program H.264 support into the firmware.

Last edited by aki; 04-06-2009 at 12:31 PM.

Old 04-06-2009, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aki View Post
- 'Graphical equalizer' mode while playing music (not sure how to call it, I mean like with the sansa clip when you press the middle button when it is playing, all those bars come that go with the music).
That's called a visualizer.

Old 04-06-2009, 01:55 PM

A Now Playing List: the ability to queue tracks/albums/artists to play after current selection plays.

One click clear favorites list.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:49 PM

^seconded

Old 04-06-2009, 10:25 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

Adding to my UCI ... will be one of the pieces in the new unlimited dynamic playlist function ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by natrap View Post
One click clear favorites list.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mf1232 View Post
i dont see the big deal with gapless, now before any of you go off on a rant...DONT, im just saying who cares if there's a .4 millisecond gap in between songs? whatever, ask for what you want, its your deal whether you care for gapless or not. and i don't.
Not a rant, but:

I have a number of albums that are designed to flow gaplessly from one track to the next (anything from Pink Floyd's The Wall to DJ Shadow's Endtroducing to dredg's El Cielo or mewithoutYou's Brother, Sister) and it's actually REALLY ANNOYING when there's an audible pause where there shouldn't be. It takes the magic, atmosphere, ambience, whatever, out of the music. It really does.

(sorry, but 'don't go off on a rant but who cares?' translates in my mind to 'I want to say what I think but don't want anyone to back up their own opinion', and I wasn't about to let that pass :P)

Old 04-23-2009, 05:20 AM

Cool Cowon s9 wish list

Firstly I think the S9 is an ecellent piece of kit - with my main reason for purchasing the unit is the FM radio & record. I probably listen to 80% radio and 20% music.Video also excellent.

Wish list:

1. Password or pin number to access the S9
2. Ability to delete tracks / video / recordings on the S9

Enjoy

Old 04-23-2009, 05:26 AM

you could set a password on FDX's UCI... but i think you're kind of wanting an overall password setter. anyhow FDX's UCI is really good. you should check it out

and you can delete tracks/videos/ recordings on the S9. but only through folders. (i found this more convenient because im usually afraid i might accidentally delete one of my songs on accident)

Old 04-23-2009, 05:37 AM

Thanks for that I'll check it out .. also take a better look at folders..
Regards

Old 04-23-2009, 09:44 AM

WISH 2;

Would be brilliant to be able to listen to music and read a document at the same time ..

Old 04-29-2009, 05:56 PM

Ok two things. The game Scramble for the iPod touch (not the SAME one but at least a knock off of it.) And, this may be stupid but for the touch if you click on the picture of the battery in the top right corner it'll tell you the percentage of battery remaining (I believe it was an add-on/app.) I realize there is a widget which shows the battery levels, I'm just throwing it out there. http://www.zynga.com/games/index.php?game=scramble <--- Thats the link to the website for scramble, created by Zynga

I've never let my school interfere with my education.
-Mark Twain

Old 05-08-2009, 04:16 PM

What I'd really like to see:
  • "Now playing" list mentioned before
  • Clear favourites button
  • Playlist support
  • Swing motion when the screen is off - doesn't make sense that it only works when the screen is lit
  • Faster cover matrix loading, if possible
  • Support of the album artist tag
Also, you can delete files but why can you only do it in the Browser? The delete button is still there when using the music and video lists, but it's greyed out.

And is it just me or does the "Resume" option in Settings > Music not actually change anything? I was expecting my music to continue playing if I switched off my S9 while it was still going.

Last edited by Bravepower; 05-08-2009 at 04:58 PM.

Old 05-09-2009, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmac8 View Post
WISH 2;

Would be brilliant to be able to listen to music and read a document at the same time ..
You can already do that.

My 32GB S9 arrived this week and I've spent lots of time already reading a Patrick O'Brian novel while listening to Iron Maiden at full tilt.

Old 05-09-2009, 03:09 PM

My only request is for them to make a smooth UI on all fronts. If an iPod Nano can pull off a more complex interface and run smoother than my S9, there is a problem over at Cowon.

Old 05-10-2009, 01:11 PM

Surprisingly enough, every player I've had before the S9, I always had a huge list of wishes for the firmware.
Not for the S9 though!
Mainly because of the fully custom UI, that fixed about 90% of my wants and wishes.

But still not every player is perfect...

1. Gapless
2. Higher flash version maybe?