android
Old 02-16-2009, 12:24 PM

The icon in the bottom bar of the music/video screen, the one that looks like a half-circle-arrow with an edge.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-16-2009, 12:34 PM

OK thanks!

Old 02-20-2009, 11:09 PM

H.264 support would be beautiful and totaly doable (althoguh cowon probably has to pay some fees to do so, so they may be avoiding it)

a later flash player would be killer, since all the UI is done in flash and they are releasing (released?) an SDK for users to create their own UIs in flash7. Unfortunatly flash7 isn't nearly as nice to use as the later flash versions. This probably isn't doable though. at least not anytime soon (probably needs some kind of move on adobe's part to make the later flash players more portable to mobile OSs)

Really all the UI issues such as shitty scrolling through album covers can be fixed when we get the chance to make our own UIs.

Long story short:
H.264 and the UI SDK if it isnt out already.
flashplayer 10 would be nice too, but probably not doable.

Old 02-21-2009, 01:54 AM

You guys should of used something other then flash for the UI, flash hogs so much resources maybe something like C or C++

Old 02-21-2009, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illbashu View Post
You guys should of used something other then flash for the UI, flash hogs so much resources maybe something like C or C++
Eh.... Please inform us on how to use C or C++ (or any language other than actionscript) when coding something that runs on the S9. Please do.

The S9 comes with a flash based UI and the ability to run flash games and custom flash based themes (see the usage of flash in that sentence?). We don't get a choice ...
Got a Cowon S9? 29 Games: http://www.mediafire.com/?hmz03tq2nzx 272xcosplay pixs http://www.mediafire.com/?5nemmkmmjez Making a theme? Share! Latest news: D2 Calender by thinkquick works on S9. Want to earn money making a Flash app for us?

Old 02-21-2009, 06:14 AM

Does the S9 feature a graphical equalizer(not sure how to call it), like when you press the middle button on the sansa clip while playing a song?
Would be nice to implement it if not

Old 02-21-2009, 07:26 AM

- better flash player (8)
- scientific calculator

Old 02-21-2009, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Doing this would have made it very difficult for users to create their own UIs. Many more people are able to use flash than c/c++ and some graphics package (ie openGL), so as far as making customizable interfaces, flash was an excellent choice.

You are correct in that flash eats resources... but as long as flash is implemented well on the player, it shouldn't have a problem. In otherwords as long as the swf interpreter was written efficiently for the S9, it should have plenty of horsepower in its CPU to handle the flash interfaces, especially since the interface is minimal when doing the most resource intensive things (ie movies).

I'm wondering if the so-so performance of the album art viewer whatever-you-wanna-call-it is due to poor flashplayer implementation or if it is due to poor actionscript coding.

In either case, I think it should be fixed, but I like having flash as the UI... althoguh I wish it was a newer version.

Old 02-21-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinzwind View Post
Eh.... Please inform us on how to use C or C++ (or any language other than actionscript) when coding something that runs on the S9. Please do.

The S9 comes with a flash based UI and the ability to run flash games and custom flash based themes (see the usage of flash in that sentence?). We don't get a choice ...
Well if you have a C UI it would use less resources and you can run flash and other language aps. Which would be great because a lot more devs can make for it due to mulitple language support but with the currant situation you can only make flash aps.

Last edited by Illbashu; 02-21-2009 at 10:42 PM.

Old 02-21-2009, 06:46 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_says View Post
H.264 and the UI SDK if it isnt out already.
I'll second that h.264 request. There are dozens of programs that have presets to make h.264 MP4 movies that will run on iPods. My Sansa View can play those movies, but i REALLY want to watch them on my 3.3" AMOLED S9 screen!

Old 02-21-2009, 09:43 PM

PDF support for Ebooks.

Old 02-21-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
PDF support for Ebooks.
Ohh yeah, that would be nice. I second that.

Old 02-21-2009, 11:28 PM

Does Cowon really read this thread?

Old 02-22-2009, 03:08 PM

doubt they read

what i want is to be able to control bluetooth headset volume straight from the S9
i can do that with my omnia, p2 so why not the s9..

and being able to use the hardware buttons to play, pause, fw, rw in every menu
not being restricted in the music menu only.. i mean what the use of them the?

and mp4 support please!

Old 02-22-2009, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoosanlicious View Post
doubt they read
They read.

Old 02-22-2009, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt
They read.
Hi Cowon! You guys are awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoosanlicious View Post
and being able to use the hardware buttons to play, pause, fw, rw in every menu
not being restricted in the music menu only.. i mean what the use of them the?
Oh, that would be great.

Old 02-22-2009, 06:34 PM

Hmmmm...
according to another thread, the chip in the S9 is the Telechips TCC7901...
here are some specs on the chip:
http://csselectronic.com/telechips/tcc7901/

which means that there is hardware support for H.264 and AAC audio, already.
I'm not familiar with how hardware licensing works, but is it not the case that if they have purchased the chip, they get the hardware functionality on it? Or do they actually have to pay individually for each thing? if it is the former, what is preventing cowon from using AAC and H.264. it isnt extra development cost, it is at MOST just a fee to unlock the functionality from the hardware.

So to any people requesting H264 or aac, it is most likly easily supported, the only issue would be a cost thing to cowon, so it boils down to if cowon is willing to pay for the file support. I would guess the answer is no, or we would have already seen it in the first version of the firmware.

Old 02-22-2009, 06:40 PM

I already mentioned Cowon reads what's going on here - so yes, get the h.264/AAC support going, thanks.

Old 02-22-2009, 07:22 PM

Can you ask for PDF support, I would really push me towards buying it (i am planing on getting it before my NY trip in June/july)

Flash 10 would be really nice.

btw how do u know they read this?

Last edited by Illbashu; 02-22-2009 at 07:34 PM.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:22 AM

PDF support would be really awesome, I bought my cowon s9 last week and it would be great being able to read ebooks anywhere.