android
Old 02-28-2009, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassassin View Post
The size of the fuze would be out of the question. First it doesn't have enough room, to fit all the guts of the mp3 player. Second people would rather have a more widescreen aspect, than a square-ish screen.

Personally if I could ask for something, it would be a much more sensitive screen. I like to mess around on my brother's ipod, and after playing with that, then using the p2 makes you realize that that screen is crap compared to the ipods. Also, some basic apps would be really cool. Stuff like notes, more fun games, themes, etc.
The screen on the P2 fits into the fuze with just a little extra room on the left and right of the screen so it wouldn't be a squarish screen, It'd be the same. And yes it would be cramped but technology is getting smaller all the time.

And the reson i'm against folding screen is not just the breaking issue but i think it would only add to the thickness of the player, for the sake of a large screen. I'd much prefer a skinny player with a large screen then a small and thick player.

SDK!!!!!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-03-2009, 11:14 PM

if samsung gave the p3/p4 a much more responsive touchscreen (than the p2) AND wi-fi, i reckon that would win over lots of people. its these 2 things that make the ipod touch seem so great... well that and 3rd party apps.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:29 AM

i think apple products are overrated...

Old 03-04-2009, 02:36 PM

for me it's still the most enjoyable device on the market because of the wifi and the 3rd party applications. The screen size is perfect, the touchscreen is amongst the BEST on the market. And it looks amazing

The sony X-1000 seems interesting because of the wifi.

Old 03-05-2009, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by korvmannen View Post
for me it's still the most enjoyable device on the market because of the wifi and the 3rd party applications. The screen size is perfect, the touchscreen is amongst the BEST on the market. And it looks amazing

The sony X-1000 seems interesting because of the wifi.
That's my point. I mean if Samsung really wants to kick apple's ass then they will have to revamp their product BIG TIME. Right now they're not even in the same league.

Old 03-07-2009, 01:43 AM

I disagree, as PMP the P3 does a cracking job! The lack of WI-FI isn't really an issue if you ask me, perhaps if only in the UK, but there just arn't a lot of free WI-FI hotspots (if you say McDonanlds then you deserve your iPod touch!). Added to that it's a cheaper smaller player with in regards to what it plays (music, video, images) and it stands up well. The only time the touch really exceeds in my opinion is for the little extras which make it a nice pub gadget i.e. something you take to the pub incase your mates are boring.

Edit:

I forgot the really nice bluetooth options, phone hands free, file transfer, something PMP's should have!

Last edited by andyanimation; 03-07-2009 at 01:44 AM. Reason: being a dofus

Old 03-07-2009, 10:21 AM
Ultra Senior Member

The P4 in theory shouldn't be competing with the P2/P3, but rather sit one layer up. Wifi is an obvious thing to add to move up one layer, but even the Zunes have wifi and don't exploit it like the Touch and Sony X1000 do. Maybe it'll move into that 800x600 5" screen range and become less portable but more capable for all sorts of media. This is all kill-time conjecture, as only Samsung knows for sure.

Old 03-07-2009, 02:03 PM

I dont think you need a bigger screen for internet and i wonder while everyone thinks so. Many phones use a 3 inch screen. Yeah t would be nice while viewing it but you might as well have a netbook. Your pmp should be PORTABLE. Thats the point.

SDK!!!!!

Old 06-03-2009, 11:26 AM

still no news on the P4.

None of the players out here excite me. The itouch is the closest thing to a great player IMO, except the audio quality is not as good as the other players. the Zune HD doesn't have enough info, the sony x series doesn't have an accelerometer, the web browser sucks, the video playback resolution is poop, the samsung p3 just seems outdated already.. companies should be trying to beat itouch if they want to make money and really stay on the market.. and not just try to emulate part of it. Audio quality is not a priority for most people. And all those fancy extras (apps) that the itouch has... is starting to lure me.

Current player: Sansa Clip 4GB (as a temporary and workout player)
Future PMP: looks like I'll never get one cuz I'll never be satisfied.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:41 AM

how does the P3 seem already outdated? it is (one of) the only players with haptic, the homescreen is fun, video playback capabilities are awesome, it sounds great, and its is pretty darn small considering its screen size! in my opinion, that will never get outdated
electron

Old 06-03-2009, 11:50 AM

From what I've heard the WiFi on the Sony X1000 is just like using the browser on a phone :/ if they'd improved it, I'd buy it in a heartbeat, despite the ridiculous price. I think the P4 needs a larger screen than the P3. 3 inches is good, but I was checking out the Samsung Omnia HD in a shop the other day and it's 3.7 inch screen was immense. Just as pocketable, but the extra 0.7" makes a significant difference.

Old 06-03-2009, 03:06 PM

If they literally cleared the sim, phone stuff and camera out of the omnia, taking a a bit off the waste with it, they would have a pretty good player then? obviously, there's no need for the trackpad so that would become a play button, recieve/reject call become rewind/fast forward, camera button could become a short cut key, the ipod wannabes would have wifi, windows mobile could run deep underneath for apps, and it would all stay cheap because they'd have put nothing into development and very little into parts!
here's a quick mock up

Last edited by gebal; 06-03-2009 at 03:11 PM. Reason: it deleted all the text

Old 06-04-2009, 07:52 AM

I think that they should make it more like the Toshiba TG01...

make it insanely mind-blowing-ly thin, and then give it a 4.3 inch touch screen

Old 06-04-2009, 09:53 AM
Ultra Senior Member

The P3 is great as it is, though you guys have some nice ideas as well.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:21 AM

As well as stripping out the Omnia until it becomes a music player, they really should release a music based phone (like Sony Ericsson's walkman range) which is basically a P3 with some phone bits stuck in it. They're so good at the SQ, UI, bluetooth etc that it would be stupid not to implement some of the P3s features on a phone.

And that Toshiba look amazing

Old 06-04-2009, 10:28 AM
Ultra Senior Member

The P3 is within a whisker of being a phone anyway. I use mine as one (paired to my real phone). So long as my real phone is within 30ft or so no one knows the difference.

Now if the P4 had everything a Touch/ZuneHD has, and also had the P3/P2's bluetooth, it would be my dream PMP.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:21 AM

In fact Olley, I was discussing this with a friend.
On the basis that the sensors on camera phones wont be good for a looooong time, there isnt any point in getting more than 5mp. 2/3mp is the standard now, so if samsung brought out a p3 + with the battery life of ,say, the S9, then it would be totally feasible to buy a pretty cheap mobile and have that hidden in your bag/pocket for the camera and for the sim, and then have the p3 as you active device.
My idea is that they should release a phone that is used in conjunction with the p3. Would encourage people to buy the p3 as well, and might show some people how good samsung players are

Old 06-04-2009, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeny View Post
As well as stripping out the Omnia until it becomes a music player, they really should release a music based phone (like Sony Ericsson's walkman range) which is basically a P3 with some phone bits stuck in it. They're so good at the SQ, UI, bluetooth etc that it would be stupid not to implement some of the P3s features on a phone.

And that Toshiba look amazing
http://www.engadget.com/2009/05/23/s...sale-at-o2-uk/

Old 06-04-2009, 12:00 PM
Banned

My P3 is paired with my mobile and everytime someone calls, I answer. It's a bit of a pain when I'm wearing my Grados, but when I really want to listen to music I switch the phone off.
Btw these threads are dumb- how about a P5 thread next..?

Old 06-04-2009, 12:15 PM

Ah, the P5. A very reliable samsung insider told me it would have hoverjets, so when you wanted to watch a movie on it it would float in front of your face. And the music would be sent direct to a microchip in your brain, so you wouldn't need headphones. And this might sound really silly, but it has wifi in as well!

Last edited by gebal; 06-04-2009 at 12:22 PM.

Closed Thread

Tags
p3, p4, rumor, samsung