android
Old 12-25-2008, 10:15 PM

Cool 1.54 firmware

I haven't seen anything posted for 1.54 firmware so I thought I would mention it. I have two new YP-S3 devices purchased in November 2008 for Christmas presents so they didn't get opened till today. One is red YP-S3JARY/XAA w/ firmware 1.50c and one is white YP-S3JAWY/XAA w/ firmware 1.54. Both are labelled as MTP in Emodio software. I was bummed to find out that they would not load on my Windows 200O machine since that has most of my mp3 files. They have loaded inconsistently on my Windows XP laptop, but that machine has most of my audio files in AAC format.

They really should write the firmware so that you an switch between MTP and MSC from a menu on the device. Being able to readily switch files like a USB device between computers is a huge selling advantage over iPods and your missing out on a selling point.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-30-2008, 09:13 AM

Default BB country code

Just found out that the BB country code listed in Emodio is because it has a different firmware specific to Best Buy stores. We bought these devices at a Best Buy store for $50 each in late November. Best Buy uses the digital music store Rhapsody so I have to assume they asked Samsung to include that on their devices being sold in their stores.

I hope this doesn't prevent me from updating the firmware in the future. I'm sure we are over the 30 day return policy so I can't return the devices.

Last edited by SuperStuff; 12-30-2008 at 09:42 AM.

Old 12-30-2008, 01:25 PM

I think you can just change it to a different firmware instead of staying with the BB firmware.

The P2 had something like this with the Rhapsody store. After installing a new firmware with an edited config file, the Rhapsody icon just disappeared. I would try searching around the P2 forums.

Old 01-01-2009, 02:10 PM

Im haveing the same problem, the device came as 1.50 BB and when I applied the Korean Firmware it now reads 1.54 K wich means the best buy firmware is still there. The device refuses to transfer .ogg and I can't get it to work in linux either.

Tags
1.54, emodio, msc, mtp, s3