android
Old 11-01-2006, 03:47 PM

Question Good earplugs??

Hi everybody,

I'm planning to buy mp3 player and I was thinking of buying some better earphones then the ones supplied.

I don't know how good are the ones that come with Samsung Z5, so some opinions would be handy.

I am a small audiophile and I am interested in something that has good quality, and is fairly small and light. I like earbuds but sometimes they are not very comfortable...

I have very old Panasonic earbuds, they have very good sound, but after few hours hurt my ears coz of the shape :/

So any suggestions?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-01-2006, 08:43 PM

Altec Lansing iM716.

If you don't want to spend so much, settle for the Creative EP630 or Sennheiser CX300; the iM716 is the best bang-for-buck IEM out there, full stop.

Old 11-02-2006, 05:15 AM

I can't find those Altec anywhere to buy in UK so probably will buy Creative or Senn's. I've read some reviews and Im really confused

Old 11-02-2006, 05:52 PM

What is your perfered sound?(ie. lots of bass, clear treble etc.)

Old 11-02-2006, 06:03 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Earbuds or IEMs?

Old 11-03-2006, 03:29 AM

To be honest I want just somethhing that is comfortable. I know You have to get use to IEMs ,but I think they can also be considered, or even they should be my choice as background sounds You can't hear, and it annoyed me very much when I was on the bus or train.

Regarding those Sennheisers and Creatives I've read somewhere that they are exacly the same, manufactured by the same company and so on it's just the brand that is applied to them.

And after reading loads of reviews I'm even more confused.

Edit:
well, I had a small think about it and I'm not limiting myself only to earplugs. I need rather something that is fairly portable, and won't get damaged, when I'm not wearing it, it's just with my in my bag.

Regarding the sound, I like deep bass, clear trebles, not flat sound, something that is lively, You can actually feel that music
I listen to rock, metal, punk music, but also some classical, reggae, ska, and I would like to be able to hear those tiny background noised that are giving soe pices this finishing touch if You know what I mean.

Old 11-03-2006, 04:11 PM

It looks like you want the ety sound, which the altec lansings carry, if you can't find those go with the er-6 or the er-4. Earphone solutions will ship them world wide.

Edit: What is your price range?

Old 11-04-2006, 03:44 PM

I think I can spend on them around 20-30 pounds plus shipping. I dont know how big are the shipping costs from USA though.

Those er-6/4 are Altec brand??

Old 11-04-2006, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiny
I think I can spend on them around 20-30 pounds plus shipping. I dont know how big are the shipping costs from USA though.

Those er-6/4 are Altec brand??
Acually its the other way around Etynomic makes the er-6/4 and develops makes the drivers for the Altec Lansings, so both sound simliar.

edit: looks like the Ety's are out of your price range.

Old 11-04-2006, 07:24 PM

So what do U suggest now? That's only some stuff for listening on the move so, although I would like it to sound good it doesnt need to be top shelf, hi-end stuff.
I just dont want to waste my money on something that will be ****

Old 11-04-2006, 07:28 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Check out my thread here - you'll might find something that suits you, in your price range... http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...hread.php?t=69