android
Old 12-24-2008, 12:38 PM

Default ZEN Mozaic Problems!!! Very angry

I am frustrated with the problems (listed) that the ZEN Mozaic has caused. Can someone please help me resolve those problems? I woul very much appreciate it.

1.) The player's battery drains even WHEN I TURN MY PLAYER
OFF. Why is this?

2.) The player only has resumed playback when the player is turned off for a short period of time; whereas if it is turned off for a long period of time, the player does not resume playback. Why is this? I would like resume playback the next day I turn my player back on.

3.) I put my Country genre on shuffle once. When I turn the player off, and turn it back on the next day, the next song that comes up is the song I have already heard before (a day ago when I started to put my Country genre on shuffle ONCE) Why, why, why?

4.) I created "Playlist A" via the player. "Playlist A" has 12 songs - at first upon creation.So, the next time when I turn my player back on, "Playlist A" has 10 songs. WHY IS THIS?

I have reloaded the firmware (1.06.01), formated the player, and called Creative Technical Support (they told me to reload the firmware), and PROBLEMS #1,#2,#3 still ARISES [I have not created the playlist yet]. I recall that I have dropped the player once by accident (but I don't think it has caused all of these problems)). I hope someone, just somebody out there, help me!!!

I hope someone out there is experiencing the same problems I am having . . .

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-26-2008, 09:55 AM

the 1st thing is probably because you didn't charge it 3 hours before you started it the first time

Old 12-26-2008, 12:09 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Welcome chicitymusic9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicitymusic9 View Post
1.) The player's battery drains even WHEN I TURN MY PLAYER
OFF. Why is this?

2.) The player only has resumed playback when the player is turned off for a short period of time; whereas if it is turned off for a long period of time, the player does not resume playback. Why is this? I would like resume playback the next day I turn my player back on.
See here. It is regarding the Zen, but its still the same feature on both.

Quote:
3.) I put my Country genre on shuffle once. When I turn the player off, and turn it back on the next day, the next song that comes up is the song I have already heard before (a day ago when I started to put my Country genre on shuffle ONCE) Why, why, why?

4.) I created "Playlist A" via the player. "Playlist A" has 12 songs - at first upon creation.So, the next time when I turn my player back on, "Playlist A" has 10 songs. WHY IS THIS?
Creative players have always been lacking in a true "random" playback sequence. Make sure you have the latest firmware version installed to help limit the bugs that you may experience and improved features; as well as try and keep up on the future firmware releases.

1.06.01 firmware:

Quote:
Enhances the playback pattern for the shuffle playmode.
Quote:
I have reloaded the firmware (1.06.01), formated the player, and called Creative Technical Support (they told me to reload the firmware), and PROBLEMS #1,#2,#3 still ARISES [I have not created the playlist yet]. I recall that I have dropped the player once by accident (but I don't think it has caused all of these problems)). I hope someone, just somebody out there, help me!!!
Try reloading the firmware from within Recovery Mode. This will erase the currently installed firmware before installing a fresh version.

Zen FAQ

Tags
battery, playlist, resume playback, shuffle, zen mozaic