Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-2008, 04:13 PM
Default Power Chargers

Hello. I just got my new Zen X-Fi (32 GB) yesterday, and was really looking forward to trying it out since my last player is a Zen Xtra which is starting not to work as well as it once did. Once I installed the software on my laptop and plugged in the player, however, it wouldn't charge. The little red LED that should flash doesn't come on at all. The player shows up on the computer as "USB Human Interface Device" but isn't actually recognized as a media player. I left it charging all night - still nothing has happened. Today, I tried connecting it to a desktop computer in case it was a problem with my laptop's USB - nothing happened. I also tried it on my father's laptop, nothing - just exactly what happened on mine.

If it matters, my specs are:

Vista Home Premium, 64-bit
Centrino2Duo @ 2.2GHZ

The other laptop is Windows XP SP2, so it doesn't seem to be a Vista problem as far as I can tell.

Is there any way to fix this, or do I just need to send it back and get a replacement? I ordered it from Newegg, if that matters. I'd rather not have to, though - if it's avoidable, since I'd still have to pay for shipping. Would buying the wall adapter help at all, or does it sound like the player is just defective?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

battery, charge, x-fi