android
Old 03-31-2009, 03:31 PM

I'll admit that I would like gapless though I think it would take a little getting used to after all these years with digital music. I have a Touch and it freaks me out when I don't have that gap between songs. I've come to anticipate it. Still, I just got into Prodigy and I gotta say I could do without the gaps on that "new" material. Just a little distracting.

I'm sure that it's a very tough feature to implement. You have Apple and Microsoft, who have their players on massive lock-down, so naturally they would be able to do it. Same with the old Sony's. Other than that, there are very players that have ever supported it. I think I remember something about a Rio player doing it and be an "open" player.

That fact is that the Sansa Clip and Fuze don't have it and their firmware developers work their asses off to get new features implemented in those players. I see that as a sign. Cowon firmware programmers are lazy and short-sighted and create more problems and bugs than they fix. Rant Over.
Phonak Audeo PFE 111 (White), Sennheiser PX100 (Travel Purposes), Koss KSC-75 (Eh... Too Plingy)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-31-2009, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SansaRulez83 View Post
I just got into Prodigy and I gotta say I could do without the gaps on that "new" material.
FYI there is a HUGE download out there with pretty much every bit of work The Prodigy has done. Side projects by Flint and Max as well. Along with his (Prodigy) side projects. Huge file....it is awesome. You should go find it. Some 'hunt' will locate that file.

Old 03-31-2009, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SansaRulez83 View Post
I'll admit that I would like gapless though I think it would take a little getting used to after all these years with digital music. I have a Touch and it freaks me out when I don't have that gap between songs. I've come to anticipate it. Still, I just got into Prodigy and I gotta say I could do without the gaps on that "new" material. Just a little distracting.
That's something that should never happen with mixed tracks.

Old 03-31-2009, 05:31 PM

I am just as dismayed that it doesn't have gapless playback. However, given that the Cowon engineers can't even support the entire ID3 v2.3 standard on the D2/D2+, perhaps something even as simple as gapless playback is asking for too much out of them.

Old 03-31-2009, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenarchi View Post
FYI there is a HUGE download out there with pretty much every bit of work The Prodigy has done. Side projects by Flint and Max as well. Along with his (Prodigy) side projects. Huge file....it is awesome. You should go find it. Some 'hunt' will locate that file.
Thanks, I'll take a look in that. Right now, I'm just listening the bare essential album "Fat of the Land" I really like the song narayan. I really like the synth right after each line. Very cool indeed.
Phonak Audeo PFE 111 (White), Sennheiser PX100 (Travel Purposes), Koss KSC-75 (Eh... Too Plingy)

Old 04-11-2009, 08:24 AM

Playing "Dark Side of The Moon" with a pause in between every song is really butchering such a good album. But luckily for me I ain't got that many albums of that kind. Would be some live albums maybe :/

Old 01-16-2010, 05:58 PM

We're talking about Gapless playback for MP3's right? I understand that gaps are an unfortunate side effect of MP3's, and current gapless players get around it by overlapping the tracks slightly--it's not true gapless but still better than nothing.

But if I were to rip my CDs as OGG, I'm not going to get gaps with the S9 since gapless playback is a property of the OGG format? Is that correct?

Old 01-16-2010, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by microUgly View Post
We're talking about Gapless playback for MP3's right? I understand that gaps are an unfortunate side effect of MP3's, and current gapless players get around it by overlapping the tracks slightly--it's not true gapless but still better than nothing.

Whoa whoa whoa. No gapless don't just overlap the tracks slightly. Instead, lame or your encoder will put a bit a metadata (tags) that says the data that would be at the end of the son g or how long the gap is.

But if I were to rip my CDs as OGG, I'm not going to get gaps with the S9 since gapless playback is a property of the OGG format? Is that correct?

No. It's sort of a property of ogg, but your player still needs gapless. Basically, mp3 does not have built-in provisions for handling gapless. It requires workarounds as above. Ogg has this by default, but your player needs to know how to handle it. Considering that you just bumped a 9 month old forum, new firmware has been released. Ogg is gapless as far as I know and lame mp3 is almost perfect.
(seriously, though, don't bump antique posts)

Old 01-17-2010, 06:36 AM

omg.. this topic was so last year.. what is wrong with you?

Old 01-17-2010, 08:50 AM

It is 2010, S9 and i9 are gapless. Thread closed.

Closed Thread