android
Old 12-17-2008, 09:35 AM

Default Does the Clip support the 'disc' tag?

Hi. Mp3tag shows a 'disc' tag. I was wondering if I can use it to sort the order of my albums. They automatically sort alphabetically and I don't want to name them starting with 01, 02, etc. Thanks.<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/tony/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <woNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style>

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-17-2008, 12:56 PM

That tag is for multiple-disc "albums" -- and no, the Clip doesn't support it (yet). That creates some minor problems -- playing a multi-disc set results in playing each track 1, each track 2, etc... (rather than all of disc 1, then disc 2...). Can be solved by using a playlist for such albums, but hopefully will be addressed in a firmware update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliya1 View Post
Hi. Mp3tag shows a 'disc' tag. I was wondering if I can use it to sort the order of my albums. They automatically sort alphabetically and I don't want to name them starting with 01, 02, etc. Thanks.<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/tony/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <woNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style>

Old 12-17-2008, 02:27 PM
Ultra Senior Member

If I recall correctly, SanDisk said a while ago that it was looking at having the disc feature in a future firmware upgrade.

Old 12-17-2008, 06:07 PM

Default Which "Mp3Tag"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliya1 View Post
Hi. Mp3tag shows a 'disc' tag.<LINK href="file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/tony/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_filelist.xml" rel=File-List><STYLE> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </STYLE>
I keep seeing people saying this, but I don't see it in the program. Are we talking about this MP3Tag:

http://www.mp3-tag.com/

or this one:

http://www.mp3tag.de/

? I have the latter, the free one. Am I missing it? I tried the first one and didn't like it.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkj1962 View Post
? I have the latter, the free one. Am I missing it?
That's the one I use. You can configure it to show the disc tag in its "tag panel" (I thought it was there by default, but it's been so long since I set it up that I can't recall, and your experience indicates it isn't.)

Old 12-17-2008, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikerman View Post
If I recall correctly, SanDisk said a while ago that it was looking at having the disc feature in a future firmware upgrade.
Yeah, I think I also read that the latest Fuze firmware supports it.

Old 12-17-2008, 11:59 PM
Ultra Senior Member

This is the MP3Tag that people are talking about: http://www.mp3tag.de/

Old 12-18-2008, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
That's the one I use. You can configure it to show the disc tag in its "tag panel" (I thought it was there by default, but it's been so long since I set it up that I can't recall, and your experience indicates it isn't.)
I have MP3Tag v2.42 from www.mp3tag.de. In the Tag Panel I have:
--------------------------------------
Title
Artist
Album
Year Track Genre
Comment
Directory
and that's it. I've looked at the View menu, Customize Columns, I've got everything in the list checked, and "Disc" item is not in the list. I do however see that I could add a field. I added a "Disc" field, and it shows up in the list on the right, but not on the Tag Panel. Is this an "allowed" field in ID3v2.x?

I actually would like to have this working, I have several multi-disc albums I'd like to sort that way instead of having to add "Disc 1, Disc 2, etc." to the album names.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:05 PM

The Tag is actually DISCNUMBER, and it can be added to the tag panel via Tools, Options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkj1962 View Post
I have MP3Tag v2.42 from www.mp3tag.de. In the Tag Panel I have:
Title
Artist
Album
Year Track Genre
Comment
Directory
and that's it. I've looked at the View menu, Customize Columns, I've got everything in the list checked, and "Disc" item is not in the list. I do however see that I could add a field. I added a "Disc" field, and it shows up in the list on the right, but not on the Tag Panel. Is this an "allowed" field in ID3v2.x?

I actually would like to have this working, I have several multi-disc albums I'd like to sort that way instead of having to add "Disc 1, Disc 2, etc." to the album names.

Old 12-18-2008, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
The Tag is actually DISCNUMBER, and it can be added to the tag panel via Tools, Options.
Yea, I finally figured out how to add it to both the list view and the Tag Panel.

Thanks.