android
Old 12-14-2008, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcdoubleax View Post
i have two brand new fuze that have not been opened. x-mas presents for me and the wife. Is there any way I can tell if they are V1 or V2 before I open them.

I might like to switch them if there the older version.
Marvin the Martian is correct. You would have to open the packaging and check the players. The Revision 1 players have a firmware like V1.xx.xxx and the Revision 2 players have firmware that starts with V2.xx.xxx.

Edit: the Revision 2 player is not necessarily NEWER (better) than the Revision 1 player, just a little different hardware. Only time will tell whether one is better than the other.
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC

Last edited by sansaguy; 12-14-2008 at 04:15 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-26-2008, 12:27 AM

Thought I'd mention it--the start-up, shutoff and sync (writing/reading/connected) screens are different with the .22 firmware as well. Instead of the SanDisk logo and blue 'Sansa' lettering at startup, we have the (new?) Sansa colorful flowery logo. The same logo is used for the sync screen instead of the blue arrows flowing in a circle. And on the shutoff screen, instead of just 'goodbye' in white lettering, we have that same logo exploding in a flash of color followed by 'goodbye' in bolder, bigger white letters. (Am I the only one who thought that was awesome??! Lol.)

The Sansa product line seems to be making a comeback. I see more Sansas players (mostly the Fuze) and Sansa-specific accessories everytime I go to the mall. People must be realizing how much they really do put the iPod to shame!

edit: ...and I just noticed this--when scrolling (like in artists/albums/songs) towards the bottom of a list, you can now go back to the A's from the Z's by just continually scrolling (and vice versa). I know this wasn't possible with the .11 firmware. It was one of the first things I noticed when I opened the Fuze this morning.
SanDisk Sansa Fuze 8GB (black)

Last edited by ScrapperSynth; 12-26-2008 at 12:36 AM.

Old 12-26-2008, 08:44 AM

The things you mentioned were already changed in the previous firmware. Well, I personally liked the old screens better - but I'm probably alone with that preference.

Old 12-26-2008, 11:36 AM

Well, I could have sworn I saw that I had the .11 firmware, and I know the screens were different before I uploaded .22.

I don't really have a preference on the screens, but I did like the old sync screen a little better. No biggie, though.

Old 12-26-2008, 11:38 AM

There was also a .15 firmware that was released between the both. A lot of the improvements you are seeing in version .22 originate from .15 - like the points you mentioned and Vorbis/FLAC support.

Old 12-26-2008, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zickZackMann View Post
There was also a .15 firmware that was released between the both. A lot of the improvements you are seeing in version .22 originate from .15 - like the points you mentioned and Vorbis/FLAC support.
Ah, I see. I never read about that one.

Old 03-24-2009, 01:23 AM

I just purchased a 4GB Fuze today (and I'm loving it) along with a 4GB microsd, updated to the latest firmware. I have one minor issue with the new firmware which does not affect the operation of the player in any way, and that is in the info screen the microsd free space shows the total space instead of the free space. Very minor bug, i was wondering if anyone else has encountered this?

Using MSC on Windows XP
Formatted using the Fuze before first use
Already tried removing the microsd card then reinserting.

Cheers