android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa e200 > Sansa e200 v2

Old 12-11-2008, 09:04 PM

Exclamation Need File: "subscription.xml", and solutions to the "Red Dot of Subscription Death".

Short Version:
I need to replace the "subscription" file on my Rhapsody Sansa (e280.v2.)
-->\Sansa e280\Internal Memory\Service\Rhapsody\subscription.xml

Can someone please send it to me, or just paste the content of the file so that I can recreate it?

Long Version:
So, I got the red dot of death.

About two days after connecting to my computer to recharge and renew my subscription to Rhapsody, my Sansa stops acknowledging my subscription. The little subscription dot beside the power battery goes red, and I get whole "Please reconnect to your computer to renew subscription" spiel. Okay, fine. So I reconnect to renew my subscription. No dice. I tried deauthorizing and reauthorizing. That doesn't work either. So I do what any uneducated, lazy, but mildly computer-savvy music addict might do: I search through the files for something I can edit to fool my Sansa into thinking it's subscribed. Or at least reestablish the freaking subscription. Plebishly, I figure that my Sansa is a smart device, and that it will replace any minor files it's missing automatically... and delete the subscription file, and one other that went with it....... (Note to readers: NEVER believe what you read on forums without recieving affirmation that it works FIRST.) ....... Anyway. It totally worked at first. No joke, everything played. It was amazing. And then I added a new song from Rhapsody, and tried to play it.... and we're back to square one. The problem still isn't fixed. I still can't play the music I downloaded from Rhapsody, and I don't know what to do now.

Can anyone send me the files I'm missing, and does anyone have any suggestions as to how I might fix this stupid subscription issue?

Please and thank you for your time.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-17-2008, 11:10 AM

First off, three versions of e200 exist: v1, Rhapsody, and v2. Rhapsodies are v1s with a little more hardware and different software.

Old 12-18-2008, 12:24 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Hillshum, I think he has a v2, that is how my Clips are when in MTP mode.

Old 12-18-2008, 04:07 AM

It's a v2. Specified when I first mentioned the player.

"Rhapsody Sansa (e280.v2.)"

Is there any way these files can be copied from one Sansa to another? I realize the file contains subscription information that someone might not want to share, but you can delete that bit and it will be replaced when I load my subscription on to it, right?

.... I don't pretend to know, because I AM the idiot that thought it would be a good idea to delete the file in the first place.

But perhaps there is a way to get around all of this? I'm hoping for a MacGyver fix? Some way to get the file back without having to reformat or even take the files I need off someone else's device? Any suggestions?

Old 12-19-2008, 11:03 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I looked on my Clips, and I do not have that file. So I can not help out there tho.

Tags
missing files, red dot, subscription