Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen Micro

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2008, 09:58 AM
Default MicroPhoto 8GB - Freeze during file copy - WPDMTP error

Iíve got a Zen Creative MicroPhoto, and Iíve ran into problems copying files from it.
I can connect it to my PC and brows the player, both in Windows Explorer, Media player and Creative Organizer.
I can copy files to the player, but _almost_ always when I copy files from the player to the PC it hangs. I can sometimes (maybe 1 in 10) copy a file to the PC, but most of the times even the first file makes the copy process hang.

In the Windows System log I get this error:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: WPDMTPDriver
Event Category: (48)
Event ID: 15301
Date: 09.12.2008
Time: 15:29:22
User: N/A
Computer: COMPNAME1234
MTP USB Driver has detected that the device has failed to respond to the operation 0x1009 in 5 minutes, which resulted in an attempt to cancel the operation. Error 0x802a0006.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at
The dialogue box warning me about the error says:
ďError Copying File or FolderĒ
ďThe handle is invalidĒ

Iím running XP Professional SP2.
Iím running WMP 11. I downgraded to WMP 9 and nothing changed. I tired to install WMP 10 but could not (Windos said it was not compatible), so I reinstalled 11.
Iíve installed a WMP 11 patch that addresses some MTP issues - windowsmedia11-kb935552-x86-intl.exe.
Iím running Creative Organizer 5, and have just reinstalled it (Oregenizer - CMS5_PCAPP_LB_5_10_38.exe).
Iíve updated the driver in the device manager.
Iíve uninstalled the driver in the device manager.
Iíve started the player in rescue mode (or whatís the name?) and done all actions on that menu twice, except the formatting (I want some files that is on the player)
Iíve tried the following firmares:
Iíve tried setting the powersaving property on the USB hubs in the device manager.

Seems like I have a USB port driver problem, but canít quite seem to find out what I need to do to fix it. Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot,

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

file copy, freeze, mtp, wpdmtp