android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2008, 10:25 AM

Default Need a new mp3 player

This is not a real original request, but I need some help here. For 3 or so years I have been well served by my Toshiba gigabeat f40 (which kept going strong, only problem was the controls had started to randomly go off lately). Until recently when I was staying in a tent, which flooded, and my gigabeat disappeared, much to my dismay. I am going on an overseas trip in a few weeks, so a new mp3 player is absolutely vital, the only problem is the choice.

I want something that plays music and video (which is radical), but I need more than 35 gb of space to fit my entire music collection on (I am no fan of music swapping). I would also like wireless, but if need be I can drop that, as long as there is some other nifty feature (at least fm radio recording).

The Zune looks good, but is mighty difficult get a hold of in australia, especially for a decent price (as in, cheaper than the ipod). I have also considered the ipod classic, but it seems overpriced for what you get. The X series gigabeat looks nice, but a heap more expensive than a comparable ipod from what I can see.

I don't mind getting a smaller one with expansion slots, as long as I get enough space cheaply enough in the end. I considered the D2, but with a 32gb expansion card it is more expensive than an imported zune over here. So I am stuck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tags
32gb, australia, large capacity, new player