android
Old 03-27-2010, 03:29 PM

Default plugins

Hello people! I want to know what plugins my clip v1 supports. http://svn.rockbox.org/viewvc.cgi/trunk/apps/plugins/
Are all the plugins fore all players? If so, where do I put the files?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-27-2010, 03:42 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaterpenguin1 View Post
Hello people! I want to know what plugins my clip v1 supports.
Most of them. Ones that require a color screen or a lot of RAM won't run on a v1 clip though.

Quote:
Are all the plugins fore all players? If so, where do I put the files?
Are you asking how to install plugins? They're all included with every rockbox build.

Old 03-27-2010, 05:46 PM

Okay, I see. Thanks.
What I meant was that the plugins are in different file-formats, ''.c'',''.lua'', etc. How do I know which one to download?
I just installed the latest version of rockbox on my clip and i had problems starting boomshine. I got ''Can't open rocks\viewers\lua''.
So I downloaded it and put the file ''boomshine.lua into the lua folder in the apps directory. Still didn't work... Is there a fix?

Old 03-27-2010, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Okay, I see. Thanks.
What I meant was that the plugins are in different file-formats, ''.c'',''.lua'', etc. How do I know which one to download?
Those are source code files. You only need to download them if you're writing your own plugins and compiling your own rockbox.

Quote:
I just installed the latest version of rockbox on my clip and i had problems starting boomshine. I got ''Can't open rocks\viewers\lua''.
So I downloaded it and put the file ''boomshine.lua into the lua folder in the apps directory. Still didn't work... Is there a fix?
It looks like lua doesn't work on the clip due to lack of RAM. I'm not sure if this is a bug or something done on purpose. Without it you can't run lua plugins. So i guess this either needs to be fixed or boomshine needs to be removed from builds so people don't try to use it.

Old 03-28-2010, 07:01 AM

Thanks for clarifying things.
I got one last question, is it possible remap buttons in rockbox for clip v2? One of the volume buttons is not working. Or are there other ways to get the volume higher without remapping buttons?

Old 03-28-2010, 07:07 AM

you can change the volume via settings>sound settings>volume.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:51 PM
Rockbox Developer

I know I am not the only one to have very stable playback on Clipv1, but I would like to have feedback for more people.

I opened a poll on rockbox forum:

"How frequently do you experience crashes on the Clipv1?"

If you can take a minute to vote that would be cool (I know registering is boring if you're not already on rockbox forums, but I didn't see how to create a poll here)

Thanks!

Old 05-05-2010, 12:27 AM

Some more power savings stuff just went in for all Sansa players. In theory, battery life on the clipv1 should increase by about an hour, but we'll see.

Old 05-05-2010, 06:59 AM

Very nice. An hour more is pretty significant considering the Clip's overall battery life.

Old 05-05-2010, 07:35 PM

thanks for the update

Old 07-31-2010, 08:49 AM

Now that the Clipv1 has Rockbox USB support, it's really excellent. Rockbox's USB HID function works better in WinXP than the multimedia buttons on my genuine Microsoft keyboard, to control Winamp.

Not to mention I finally never have to endure a lengthy "refreshing database" again.

Old 07-31-2010, 09:59 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Thanks for the updated dope. dfkt. I sense a "final"/stable Clipv1 port in the nearer future?

How are you finding the battery life on the Clipv1? At the Rockbox site, I saw a battery test at just under 11 hours, but that was back in May; I'm wondering if the battery duration has increased since then, as it seems to have with the Clip+.

Old 07-31-2010, 10:13 AM

I haven't really used my Clipv1 much lately - no need with a Clip+ in my hands.

But yeah, the Sansa Runtime Wiki page only has old benchmarks for the Clipv1.

However, seeing how the Clip+ jumped from 9h to 17h in the meantime, I would think the Clipv1 has somewhat improved playback time as well. Someone should bench it again.

Old 07-31-2010, 10:44 AM

Oh, and for anyone who wants it, here's the newest bootloader built from SVN, which also boots into Rockbox when the player is off during USB connect: v2.0-bootloader-sansaclipv1-01.01.35a-dual_boot.zip

Old 07-31-2010, 12:23 PM
Ultra Senior Member

dfkt, i don't have a clip/+ [yet!] but man this I am sure will be a godsend for a lot of folks.
<waiting eagerly for v2 Fuze USB support so I can kiss the OF goodbye forever>
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 07-31-2010, 02:27 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
However, seeing how the Clip+ jumped from 9h to 17h in the meantime, I would think the Clipv1 has somewhat improved playback time as well. Someone should bench it again.
Yep, that's what I was thinking/wondering (hoping) as well.

Old 07-31-2010, 02:43 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestatar View Post
dfkt, i don't have a clip/+ [yet!] but man this I am sure will be a godsend for a lot of folks.
<waiting eagerly for v2 Fuze USB support so I can kiss the OF goodbye forever>
You won't ever get one.....given your obsession with album art. But you're missing out on a great little player.

Old 07-31-2010, 05:33 PM
Rockbox Developer

Clipv1 still lacks 'voice' ability.

The work needed to make voice / talk work on players with low memory is not especially hard but I think this prevents a rockbox release for Clipv1

Old 08-01-2010, 12:49 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Well, the RAM is quite insufficient...

Old 08-01-2010, 01:07 PM
Rockbox Developer

It is insufficient to load all the talk/voices but loading them one by one before playing them should work

Come by #rockbox IRC if you're interested in working on it