android
Old 06-09-2008, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by voetsek View Post
if you had to replace your zen today, what would you get?
To be perfectly honest with you, I would wait until something with a HDD from creative comes out. I dislike flash based memory, even though that is the way the market is heading

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-09-2008, 02:16 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
I would wait until something with a HDD from creative comes out.
I wouldn't wait if I were you :

Quote:
According to Hvidberg there will also be no more hard drive based players from Creative. Ever. This means that whatever player will be presented in the future will be flash, no matter what type of player it is. Whether or not this information is true or not only time will tell, but one would think that it's pretty accurate coming from someone that high up. No official word has come from Creative America however so there's always a 0,1% chance he spoke too soon.
Link

Zen FAQ

Old 06-11-2008, 11:21 PM

Help New Battery?

I have a hardware issue after i got my first Zen, and I sent it in for a repair and recieved the same color/size Zen that I sent to them. But..
it was a different one, or had a diffferent hard drive because it had someone elses pictures and music on it.

but anyway, the battery doesnt seem to be lasting as long (about 6hrs of music/movies) it seemed like it lasted a lot longer when i first got it (the original one).

with that said, my question(s):
- How long are Zen's battery life supposed to last?
- Do i need to get a new battery?
- If so, where? how?

Glad I found this site. I like Zen.

ps. Zen owns ipod.

Old 06-11-2008, 11:23 PM

I think without looking for my manual it is about 4 hours video and around 14 music.
IN ORDER OF CAPACITY: RioS30S 64kb/Sansa e130 512kb/iRiverT10 1gb/Sansa e260 4gb/iAudioU3 4gb*DOA/CowonD2 4gb*SOLD/iRiverClix2 8gb/SansaFuze 8gb/SamsungP2 8/iAudio7 16gb/CreativeZVM 30gb/CreativeZVM 60gb/iPodTouch 64gbgb/iPodVideo 80gb :

Old 06-12-2008, 12:35 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
But..
it was a different one, or had a diffferent hard drive because it had someone elses pictures and music on it.
Wow, that isn't good.

Quote:
How long are Zen's battery life supposed to last?
Creative's website claims 17 hours audio and 5 hours of video playback. It also says this:

Quote:
Song claim based on 4 minutes per song at 128 kbps MP3.
Most people don't use 128kbps MP3's so audio playback should be less than 17 hours. I believe around 12-14 is a good range for most. For video playback, I believe being able to get through two movies is good.

Quote:
- Do i need to get a new battery?
- If so, where? how?
You should be getting longer runtimes. I would consider replacing the battery. I believe you can pick them up on places like EBay and Amazon.

You should be able to replace it using this guide (up to step 3).
Here is a YouTube video of the battery being replaced.
Here is another video of the disassembly.

Good luck and welcome to ABI!

Zen FAQ

Old 06-12-2008, 11:59 PM

Hello, Im new to this forum & I was reading about problem with battery for zen vision m . I have recently replaced my battery which btw i got good deal on around 18 bucks with free shipping http://www.megacapacity.com/23669.html and it works perfectly I believe the capacity is slightly higher then the original one ( forgot what it was ) and i get good 8 to 9 hours of playing time. I just thought I ll share it with you as I was reading ppl really having a bad time replacing the battery. You can find instructions by searching google at least that what i did.

Old 06-13-2008, 12:15 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yes, it should have a longer runtime since it is a 1700mH battery compared to the 1250mH stock battery.

Zen FAQ

Old 06-16-2008, 10:46 AM

hey
I am also in need of a new battery
so i looked it up and found one here http://www.ipods99.com/ProductDetail...de=CLZenVision
and some other sites and it would cost me arround 20-30 euro's
now i've looked at ebay and i found a shop who sell them for 3.5 euro :s
the shop is the KE Direct eBay shop
they said to me it is an unbranded version of the Zen battery so it's alot cheaper.
does anyone knows if it is to be trusted or not?

thank you
boinius

and when i went to the shop to ask about a new battery they said it would cost me about 70euros
so it seems cheaper to replace it myself, or do i beter send it to creative?

Old 06-16-2008, 12:05 PM
Ultra Senior Member

It's your call on the battery. Replacing the battery is really easy to do. Just follow the guides above and you should be just fine. IMO, not worth paying to have done.; even for non-techies.

Zen FAQ

Old 06-24-2008, 09:16 PM

Default Steady Blue Light while Charging - what does it mean?

First off thanks everyone for providing a safe haven for ipod(apple) loathers.. I feel @ home here lol. As the title implies what does this light mean? I just got a ZVM whose battery is supposedy dead. When I plug in the wall charger, this light comes on and is steady, not blinking. Ive searched and i havent come across this. does this mean the battery is dead? i already placed an order on ebay for one. any help would be appreciated. BTW the thing doesnt turn on or anything, usb doesnt work either thanks.

Last edited by shaokang; 06-24-2008 at 10:00 PM.

Old 06-24-2008, 09:31 PM
Ultra Senior Member

No problem. Welcome to ABI!

It sounds as though the battery isn't being charged. It could be a bad battery or more severely a something bad on the mainboard (charging circuit, fuse, etc.). Try leaving it plugged in with the AC charger overnight to see if it begins blinking or even turns on.

Zen FAQ

Old 06-24-2008, 09:59 PM

bad battery?/ My fears are true then. Thanks alot. I will leave it on the wall charger tonight and i'll report back tomorrow. BTW has anyone experienced this, i mean lots of people atleast have blinking lights.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:11 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yes it is possible. What kind of AC charger is it (output specs) and where is it plugged into the ZVM?

Zen FAQ

Old 06-25-2008, 09:20 AM

Its a psp charger lol Output specs are 5V 2000mA. I left it overnight and still the blue light is steady not blinking, i'll leave it in for 8 more hours then we will see. Im using the dock thing that came with the ZVM

Old 06-25-2008, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaokang View Post
Its a psp charger lol Output specs are 5V 2000mA. I left it overnight and still the blue light is steady not blinking, i'll leave it in for 8 more hours then we will see. Im using the dock thing that came with the ZVM
i use the same thing and I've never had any problems charging that way. Which would lead me to believe it's probably something with your battery.

Old 06-25-2008, 03:19 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yeah, the PSP charger works great with the ZVM. I know of many people who use them together. If it hasn't come on or began charging (flashing) since being charged overnight by that charger, I doubt it ever will. Let us know how it goes when you get your new battery.

Zen FAQ

Old 06-25-2008, 07:15 PM

yep i think the battery (hopefully nothing else) is dead. its been on the charger for the past 24 hours and the steady light is still on. It doesnt turn on though. I will wait for the arrival of the battery and keep you posted. Thanks for everything.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:09 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I think it is safe to say there is no longer a need to try and charge it after no indication of charging and still getting the steady light for over 24 hours.

Zen FAQ

Old 06-26-2008, 11:23 AM

yes i now its just sitting there waiting for the battery will update when I install it thanks.

Last edited by shaokang; 07-12-2008 at 12:51 PM.

Old 06-29-2008, 10:32 AM

Default Dead zen ?

help ive had my zen 30gb for over a year worked fine till now had numerous resets but always worked. turned on zen the other day and had to reset twce in one day on the second the build stopped half way through and the zen cut out all im getting is a black screen

power up - blue light flashes once

USB conection - blue light flashes as if charging but screen does nothing , computer cant see device , ive downloaded the recovery software but the zen wont turn on so it cant see the device

mains adaptor does the same

any ideas ? thanx

Tags
battery, clicking, dying, firmware, flashing blue light, over heat, replacement, usb charge msc problem