android
Old 03-05-2008, 12:42 AM

well if the screen is dead, shouldnt the button lights work?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-06-2008, 05:42 PM
Banned

Yes the buttons should still light up when you press them (if its just the LCD that is dead)

Old 03-06-2008, 06:28 PM
Ultra Senior Member

What is the current rating of the charger you're using? If it's low-powered, it may take several hours before the battery is charged enough for the rest of the player to power up.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:28 PM

Default state of emergency or stupidity zen no charge

iive had my zen vm since christmas .. love it no probs until now.. that battery was running a little low from some usage at work for hours at a time .. i brought it home to charge the lil guy and it hasnt charged at all .. only drained my battery . im lost as what to do and ive got a 9 hour workday tomarrow.. and i need this guy BAD! anything would be greatfuly accepted

Old 03-13-2008, 09:31 PM

Reset?

Recovery mode?

Have you tried either, and what was the result?

Old 03-13-2008, 09:44 PM

i tried the simplre resetting and that didnt work i now believe my battery is just to dead and needs to be charged so ima let it sit over night and hopefuly itl work if not ill try the recovery mode again(did this once scanned the harddrive and then told me it was to low and shut down) but thank you VERY much for your intesnly quick response!

Old 03-29-2008, 01:01 PM

Default MP3 Player not responding at all

I think my battery is shot. I've tried everything and my year-long warrenty expired in January. I keep it plugged into the computer all day. It doesn't respond to the wall outlet. Computer can't recognize it. Power switch is on and that's about it. I unplug it, try to turn it on, reset it- NOTHING! Before this happended, I removed the firmware to reload the new. It said "hardware" and "firmware problem"... Any ideas? THANKS A BUNCH!

Old 03-29-2008, 09:31 PM

Default New Battery

How do I get a new battery, if it's even possible? Thanks...

Old 03-29-2008, 09:42 PM

Read here http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archi...n-vision-m.php and Google for a new battery

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 03-29-2008, 10:09 PM

You can also try www.aerozbooks.com

I believe that she has the zvm batteries.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:39 PM

Default ZVM not charging, not connecting to comp, etc . . .

Seems like your typical issue. The player won't charge even though the light is blinking and the charging symbol is in the top right corner. It won't connect to ANY of my computers (show in the device manager). I can't try the method in the sticky above because I can't find my CD anywhere. I have my box with instructions but my cd is no where to be found.

I have 6 working computers in the house (os ranging from Ubuntu, xp, to vista) and it will not connect to ANY of them. I can't get anything to show in the device manager (as stated above) and I have tried removing the software on the machines to see if that will help but it doesn't do any good.

It takes me at least 5 minutes of playing with the adapter on the data port to get it to "charge." I've tried different cables (my camera uses the same cable) but I can't try a different adapter since I don't have an extra.
It connected for the first year or so but then it stopped connecting. After that it started taking 5 minutes of manipulating to get the player to charge. It would truly charge but wouldn't connect at that time. It eventually evolved into the problem I have now of not charging.

It's been plugged in now "charging" off and on for over a week. As you can imagine the battery was COMPLETELY dead because I stopped using it for around 9 months. I have gotten the battery up to barely above flashing red.
I understand it takes a long time to charge and that's not really my issue here. The issue is the fact that it WILL NOT connect and it takes the 5 minutes of manipulation for it to start blinking the charge light (is it charging? I don't know).

Hopefully you made it through all that... I am thoroughly pissed right now. I spent well over $300 on this and was happy for the first nine months before it slowly started all this.

Old 04-07-2008, 12:21 AM

bump I really want to fix this thing

Old 04-07-2008, 02:52 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Which version do you have; 30Gb or 60GB?

The 30GB ZVM version of the CD can be downloaded from here:
http://files.filefront.com/Creative+.../fileinfo.html

I would say if it isn't working on 6 different computers running multiple OS's, then the problem is with the ZVM.

If you can play with the adapter and get it to periodically charge, then I would say you have either an adapter issue (which should be replaced) or an actual data port issue with the ZVM.

If your battery was dead and off for that long, it may never come back, even with a new adapter (assuming you don't have a port issue). You may want to consider purchasing a new battery for it as well.

Zen FAQ

Old 04-09-2008, 06:25 PM

it's the 30Gb.
I'm pretty sure it's the data port. I guess there really isn't a way to replace the mobo apart from buying one off ebay with a dead battery or something and swapping it into mine.

Old 04-11-2008, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomf3 View Post
While this problem may have been covered on other threads i couldnt find anything about this specific problem.
Earlier today my zen ran out of battery while i was listening to it, i got home and plugged it in to charge via the usb on my laptop. However my laptop does not recognise it and all that happens is the blue light on the top of the zen comes on, although it does not flash like when it is charging , just stays solid. Also the charging symbol on the zen doesn't show. I have had my Zen since christmas 06 and this is the first time this has happened. If anyone has any ideas how to resolve this they would be much appreciated.
I've got this exact same problem. I tried upgrading the firmware, but it still won't charge. Blue light stays on, no lightning bolt showing it is charging. As soon as I unplug it from the wall adapter, everything shuts off. If I plug it back in, the rebuilding screen comes up. The player does work using the wall adapter, but it is no longer portable. I'd really like to fix this, anybody have any ideas????

Old 04-11-2008, 11:49 AM
Ultra Senior Member

tomf3: Do you have a wall charger for it? Have you tried a hard reset (pin hole) and then plug it in? Try doing a hard reset while it is plugged in and the light is on and blue.

boumz: Leave it plugged into the wall charger for a day or over night and see if the battery begins charging normally again. Try a hard reset as well. Also check Device Manager to make sure you drivers are loading correctly after plugging in the ZVM.

Zen FAQ

Old 04-12-2008, 09:02 AM

hi just to ask if you got your problem fixed as my zen v m has exactly the same problem if you can advise me to what you done. "i'm demented".

thankyou

elizabeth

Old 04-12-2008, 06:38 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmarc233 View Post
hi just to ask if you got your problem fixed as my zen v m has exactly the same problem if you can advise me to what you done. "i'm demented".
From one demented person to another - Welcome to ABi!

What exactly is it that your player is doing?

Old 04-13-2008, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenChick View Post
From one demented person to another - Welcome to ABi!

What exactly is it that your player is doing?
hi, when i plug my player to the computer its not doing anything and wont turn on. the player will work of the mains but doesnt charge the battery. i contacted zen and the told me to update the firmware which i tried 3 times but still hasnt changed anything. i had the battery tested and the battery is fine. please helppppppppp

Old 04-13-2008, 09:22 AM
Ultra Senior Member

How does it react if you turn it on and then plug it into the computer? Have you tried plugging it into another computer to see if it reacts the same way? When you do plug it into a computer, make sure there are no other USB devices plugged into it as well and use the ports on the back of the computer. How did you have the battery tested?

Zen FAQ

Tags
battery, clicking, dying, firmware, flashing blue light, over heat, replacement, usb charge msc problem