android
Old 11-17-2008, 02:49 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Or at least try the 1.50.02 instead (fixed charging bug in the 1.40.xx firmware). Since the 1.51.01 will remove your FM Radio recording...

Zen FAQ

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-18-2008, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRS View Post
Or at least try the 1.50.02 instead (fixed charging bug in the 1.40.xx firmware). Since the 1.51.01 will remove your FM Radio recording...
Hi! I've tried the Cameron Sino battery with fw versions v1.50.02 and v1.51.01 and it doesn't work with either of them. If you read the comment which comes along with the download link for fw v1.50.02 on DAP Jukebox (the firmware repository you've suggested me), it says that fw v1.50.02 improves the battery level readings: probably this is the first fw version to make the Cameron Sino batteries incompatible.
I've tried fw v1.41.01 too and it works perfectly like reported by anubis04. I can definitively say: "THE LATEST FIRMWARE VERSION WHICH WORKS WITH CAMERON SINO BATTERIES IS V1.41.01".

Old 11-18-2008, 07:45 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Ok, interesting.... You guys have done some good testing. I'm sure the information you guys have verified with the batteries and the different firmware versions will be very helpful for others. I thank both of you. I have added your firmware version compatibility with the Cameron Sino battery to the Battery Options thread here. If you have any other information regarding the compatibility of firmware and the other batteries listed in that thread, let me know and I will update it.

Zen FAQ

Old 11-18-2008, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRS View Post
Ok, interesting.... You guys have done some good testing. I'm sure the information you guys have verified with the batteries and the different firmware versions will be very helpful for others. I thank both of you.
I've learnt a lot of things here on this forum (mainly thanks to you) and I'm happy to help when I can!

Old 11-18-2008, 05:54 PM

Default Zen Vision:M Dead..

So I hadn't used my Vision in about 6 months. So I hooked it up last night and it wouldn't charge. To fix this problem I ended up resetting it, and then upgraded the firmware. This worked fine and all was good. After receiving a full charge, I unplugged it and put it away for the night. Today, I turned it on, and connected it to my PC. It immediately blue screened the box, and the player cut off. Now it won't cut back on. No screen, no blue light, no nothing. I tried resetting it with no luck. I tried resetting while holding the power on, and that won't work either. I also took it apart and unplugged the battery for a few minutes hoping that would do the trick, but it still won't cut on. I've tried running it from the USB for power with an without the battery, and nothing seems to work. Any suggestions, or is it just dead at this point?

Old 11-18-2008, 06:39 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuybrushThreepwood View Post
I've learnt a lot of things here on this forum (mainly thanks to you) and I'm happy to help when I can!
Thanks for the credit. I welcome all the good help we can get.

Zen FAQ

Old 11-18-2008, 07:48 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Welcome Coolbean. You should be able to get the power on even without the battery if you have supplied AC power. Do you have an AC adapter to use for plugging in through the sync adapter? You may simply just have a bad battery.

Zen FAQ

Old 11-19-2008, 10:17 AM

Default Zen doesn't feel like starting up

Hello, almost after going a whole year without problems with my zen, it failed on me. I've used the mp3 for nearly everyday, and then i neglected it for a couple of days.

Now, if i try to turn it on , all i get is that the blue light at the on switch goes on and off, and for the rest nothing at all! If i connect it to my pc, it also flickers on/off but for the rest nothing, my pc doesnt notice a thing either, and i have no clue what to do now

So, anyone has a clue what is wrong with my mp3, or has it literally died of neglection.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:50 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Welcome Vermadus. It sounds like you just have a depleted battery. leave connected to charge for a day or so to see if it comes back to life. Keep in mind the computer will not recognize it until it is able to power on. The flashing light is a good indication that the ZVM is charging.

Zen FAQ

Old 11-19-2008, 11:06 AM

i did consider that yes, but its plugged into my pc for nearly 24 hours now, and i have doubts it would take so long to give a sign of life

Old 11-19-2008, 11:10 AM
Ultra Senior Member

It could..... A non-powered device charging on a USB port will only get about 100mA of charge current. I've seen it take around two days or so before one would show signs of life. Your best bet is to use an AC charger if you have one. That way you can get a full charge current.

Zen FAQ

Old 11-19-2008, 11:23 AM

eep, well, atleast there is still hope then for the lil' thing, woudn't be very happy if it broke!
thanks for the help, and now just hope it wakes up somewhere this week =P

Old 11-19-2008, 11:28 AM
Ultra Senior Member

If still charging on USB, give it another day or so. If it doesn't help then, I would consider purchasing an OE replacement battery.

Zen FAQ

Old 11-19-2008, 12:12 PM

i still got a warranty though, could i still send it back in case my mp3 fails, or not, since they stopped making 60 gb's ?

Old 11-19-2008, 12:14 PM
Ultra Senior Member

If you have an active manufacture warranty from Creative, yes you should be able to send to them.

Zen FAQ

Old 11-20-2008, 08:29 AM

I'm not sure if you guys have already solved this, but I think it's the firmware (or whatever the MP3 runs on) that needs to be installed. I had the same problem and I updated the firmware and it began to work. If it still doesn't work, then I can't do anything

Old 11-20-2008, 10:15 AM

after i took it apart i noticed the battery disconnect LOOKED to be broken. guess i will send it in for repair. hope thats what it was. thanks for all the help! ! !

Old 11-20-2008, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABY SOLES View Post
after i took it apart i noticed the battery disconnect LOOKED to be broken. guess i will send it in for repair. hope thats what it was. thanks for all the help! ! !
Do you mean that the connector on the mainboard (the yellow one) is torn or only the battery connector (the white one) is disconnected? If it is only the white one that is disconnected, you can reconnect it by yourself.

Old 11-20-2008, 01:43 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Good observation. Yes, double check to make sure it just doesn't need plugged back in. If it isn't the plug, but is the port, is it completely apart from the mainboard?

Zen FAQ

Last edited by BobbyRS; 11-20-2008 at 04:27 PM.

Old 11-21-2008, 10:46 AM

when i checked to see if it needed to be plugged back in it broke away from the mainboard. i gently wiggled it so im figuring it was already cracked.

Tags
battery, clicking, dying, firmware, flashing blue light, over heat, replacement, usb charge msc problem