android
Old 09-06-2008, 05:06 AM

Default New Battery??

hey
I have got a real big Problem my vision m becomes wet by walking aroun in the rain...I thought it was gone complely but thank good it's not it still works by extern energie...so so i looked up on this side how to disassembel the vision m...now i took the battery off and it still working by exstern energie...so i think i need a new battery....i saw a few on ebay...but i'd like to know if there's one with more capacity then the old..Or maybe u konw a good shop...I'd be very happy if i could do it as fast as possible so if someone got some experience pleas tell me.....
thank u

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-06-2008, 12:11 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hello media-monkey. Welcome. If you give the battery a few days to dry, it may still work. However, if you do a google search you should find plenty of places that sell ZVM batteries. I believe there is one sold that is a 1700mah in capacity, which should give you longer runtimes over the stock battery. Good luck!

Zen FAQ

Old 09-08-2008, 01:49 AM

Default ZVM Stopped working, wont turn on

Hi, I've had a zen vision M since about the time they came out. Today I was listening to it, and then remembered that I had some new stuff to put on it so I hooked it up to the adapter and my pc. At that point the screen went blank and now it won't turn on. I tried connecting it back to my computer, resetting it nothing worked. Then, I tried opening it and disconnecting and reconnecting the battery and all that would do it is turn the blue led on but nothing would display on the screen and after I reconnected the battery, the front side of the player got really hot. I disconnected the battery and let the player cool off for awhile. I then reconnected everything and the blue led came back on and front started to get hot again. Since it was the only thing I hadn't tried, I connected it to my speakers (these are the Cambridge speakers designed for the ZVM I ordered from the Creative Store not some Ipod speakers) and the blue led went out and now even that won't come back on even if I disconnect and reconnect the battery. What could the problem be? The battery, or is the whole thing dead?
Thanks for your help.<O

Old 09-08-2008, 04:01 AM

Dying Lithium Ion batteries can tend to get hot when they're close to death, and they have a life of about two years. Since replacement batteries are about the cheapest part of a ZVM to replace, it wouldn't do much harm to ebay one and try it.

Bit weird that it should die when plugged into the USB socket, though.

Old 09-09-2008, 01:42 AM

Default ZVM is not recognized by PC, then starts charging but can't fully charge

I'm connecting my ZVM to the usb port in my computer and it goes unrecognized (nothing happens) until I turn it on manually. Normally it should turn on automatically after plugging it into the computer.

After turning it on the screen shows the docked icon and the charging icon starts to blink. Then it starts charging but it never completes a full charge, it stops at the 3/4 mark.

At this point I can access it using winamp and manage the content. When I disconnect it from the usb port in my computer the screen persists showing the docked icon and the blinking lightning on the battery until I press the reset button. Then the player has 3/4 of a charge and works normally.

I've been using it like this for the past few days but I'm curious whether anybody knows a solution to this problem. I've looked around and found people with similar symptoms but not with the same combination that I have.

Any help is greatly appreciated !!

Pedro.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:04 AM

Default My battery doesn't seem to last very long - any advice?

Hi all,

i bought my Zen vision m in the Uk in september 2008.

Now the battery life is supposed to be @14 hours, but i seem to be getting substantially less (probably around ), any ideas why this might be?

I have got photos tagged on each of my tracks, could this be sucking the battery power? Also my tracks are usually 192kbs.

Should i send it back to creative for a replacement battery?

Thanks in advance.

Old 09-09-2008, 11:07 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Hello cchambers. Welcome. It sounds like you have a faulty (maybe an internal short) or just a bad/aged battery. If you have an AC charger, try leaving the battery disconnected and connect the AC charger to see if the ZVM comes on.

Zen FAQ

Old 09-09-2008, 11:55 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Hello pad101. What kind of runtime are you getting? Make sure you have adjusted settings like the backlight timing, brightness, putting it on hold when playing to turn off the screen, etc...

Zen FAQ

Old 09-09-2008, 03:29 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hello pmduarte. Welcome. Have you ever given thought to trying to reinstall the firmware? You can start by downloading the latest firmware and executing the firmware file with the ZVM connected. If you continue to have the same issues afterwards, you can then try doing a firmware reload from within Recovery Mode. This will erase the currently installed firmware and reinstall a fresh version, ensuring no previously installed issues carry over to the new install. Hardware wise, I'm thinking of a possible battery or mainboard issue, but reinstalling the firmware should be a good first step to try.

Zen FAQ

Old 09-10-2008, 10:00 AM

Default ZVM shows full charge, but turn's off

Hi!

My problem is as follows:

I searched many sites, but i still don't get the right answer on my problem. 2 days ago i bought ZVM in a store. Yesterday i connected it to my laptop via USB(i tried to connect it to several PC's, but nothing seemed to work). ZVM started to charge. It charged fully and i could listen my music for 1 day. Then, ZVM battery was depleted, so i tried to charge it via usb and my laptop, but i couldn't do it. Blue light wasn't blinking, and player wasn't turning on. I googled and found, that in that case i need ac charger. AC chargers for ZVM i couldn't get, but i got for PSP one. When i connect it to my ZVM, he shows, that my battery is full charged. I searched your site for that problem, and i saw, that this is formal bug for 1.40 firmware. So, i upgraded to the last one(method with-ac-adapter-and-usb-cable-together-connected). But problem is still the same. ZVM shows, that battery is full.

Any suggestions?

P.S.: I don't want to go to the waranty service, because it will take approx. 1 month.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:17 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hello yurish. Welcome. Make sure that when you upgraded the firmware, you done so by going through the Recovery Mode and selecting the Reload Firmware option from the menu. This will erase the currently installed buggy firmware (instead of just installing over an existing version) and prevent the charging bug from staying behind and showing up even with newer firmware installed.

Zen FAQ

Old 09-10-2008, 03:03 PM

I did how you said, but the result is the same. Don't know what to do...

Old 09-10-2008, 03:07 PM
Ultra Senior Member

What firmware version are you installing? You could have a bad battery.

Zen FAQ

Old 09-10-2008, 03:57 PM

I had 1.40. Then i installed the latest 1.62.02e. Then i downgraded to 1.60 and again upgraded to 1.62.02e. Of course, before installing, i erased previous firmware. Don't know, how that can be, I bought it 2 days ago in store.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:30 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Did it have this problem 2 days ago when you first bought it?

Zen FAQ

Old 09-10-2008, 05:45 PM

Default battery question

So can you get new battery? My daughters player looks like it is charging, but doesn't charge. Could her Creative Sync Adapter be bad, or would it be her battery is really dead? I thought I read on another website you can't change the battery.

Old 09-11-2008, 02:21 AM

When i bought it, i hadn't my wall charger. This problem first occured, when battery was depleted for the first time.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:01 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by niffer1955 View Post
So can you get new battery?
Hello niffer1955. Welcome to ABI.

Replacement batteries for the ZVM can be found just about anywhere. You can try Google Shopping and EBay. The battery is considered non-removable, but it really insn't that hard to open up the ZVM and replace yourself.

These should help:
Here is the ABI disassembly guide.
Here is a video of a disassembly.
Here is a YouTube video of replacing the battery
Here is another YouTube video of replacing the battery

Quote:
My daughters player looks like it is charging, but doesn't charge. Could her Creative Sync Adapter be bad, or would it be her battery is really dead? I thought I read on another website you can't change the battery.
Yeah, it could be in need of a new battery or it could be something on the mainboard like the charging circuit. The good news is that it looks as though it is charging (flashing blue charging light?), so that sort of indicates the charging circuit is working and maybe the battery is just no longer taking a charge.

Zen FAQ

Old 09-11-2008, 09:41 AM
Ultra Senior Member

It sounds like either a ROM/Firmware problem or a bad Battery. As a test, try downloading an older version of the firmware from here (1.30.02) and see if it reacts any differently.

Zen FAQ

Old 09-11-2008, 05:28 PM

Hi BobbyRS. Usually it's around 8 hours, which I think is quite low. I think i already have the backlight settings quite low, so i'm not sure it's that. thanks for your help though.

Tags
battery, clicking, dying, firmware, flashing blue light, over heat, replacement, usb charge msc problem