android
Old 07-12-2008, 04:03 PM

thanks, i think my cosin has one. How long would it take to charge that way?

The PSP charger still gives me the blue light. I am still in warranty. If i send this into creative, will they automatically update the firm ware? I'm trying to avoid loosing all my music.

Last edited by BobbyRS; 07-12-2008 at 08:14 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-12-2008, 05:31 PM

Default Replacement battery for 60gb Zen

Hi, the battery life of my Zen has been going down for quite a while now and left me considering to buy a bigger replacement batterie with 1700mah on ebay.

Since there were a few posts here reporting problems with replacement batteries I just wanted to know if there's anyone that has been able to get a 1700mah-battery working on a 60gb Zen. If so, which firmware version did you use.

Old 07-12-2008, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruelius View Post
my issues match yours exactly, i got a ebay battery and have the same problem.

A good way to charge it is start it with AC then plug in usb then unplug USB once it has docked and it should start "charging" For me it just heats up and does nothing tho
Yep. mine got really hot and then all of a sudden it cooled down again. by using the ac, do u mean the actual charger or the psp charger. I plugged the psp charger into the cradle and the usb at the same time but nothing happens
EDIT:: SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!! but only for a split second tho it came on to the zen screen............then blank

Last edited by shaokang; 07-12-2008 at 06:24 PM.

Old 07-12-2008, 06:55 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I'm not sure of one place over another, but have took notice more issues seem to come out of batteries bought from EBay. Check here for some options. Good luck!

Zen FAQ

Old 07-12-2008, 08:23 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I'm not sure how long it will take to charge. I'm sure it will depend on how depleted it is.

You may want to leave it plugged in for a while to see if it begins charging correctly. You may want to think about opening up and reseated the battery connection to see if that will help.

Keep in mind, upgrading firmware will not erase your files. A Format is what erases files. I'm not sure Creative will update the firmware unless it is directly related to your issue. However, like with anything you send it for repair, there is no guarantee you won't lose your files.

Zen FAQ

Last edited by BobbyRS; 07-12-2008 at 08:29 PM.

Old 07-12-2008, 08:41 PM

Default Related Problem

Ok... here is the new problem... now it will charge but only to the 1/4 battery full indication. Do you think this is a battery problem or is there something else that is not working properly. I don't mind throwing a new battery in there, but I am worried that there is some problem with the motherboard. Thanks for any suggestions!

cheers,
jlb

Old 07-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Cool and even warm should really be fine. A hot battery when charging is not good. Lithium-ion batteries should not get hot when charging. If a lithium-ion battery gets hot when charging, that is a good indication it is failing and should no longer be used.

Zen FAQ

Old 07-12-2008, 10:17 PM

If I it doesn't charge how would recovery mode work?

Old 07-12-2008, 10:21 PM
Ultra Senior Member

You mention you get a Creative logo, so the boot process is starting. The Recovery Mode is a different way of booting compared to booting into the firmware/OS. So, maybe...... Worth a try.

Zen FAQ

Old 07-12-2008, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRS View Post
You mention you get a Creative logo, so the boot process is starting. The Recovery Mode is a different way of booting compared to booting into the firmware/OS. So, maybe...... Worth a try.
K, i'll try it.

Old 07-12-2008, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappa View Post
K, i'll try it.
Nope doesn't do anything.

Old 07-12-2008, 11:29 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Perhaps it is just a depleted battery that no longer charges. It may be worth purchasing a new battery to try. Otherwise, if even a new battery doesn't help, I affraid it looks to be a more serious issue like a corrupt ROM chip in which you will need a new mainboard to repair. Hopefully it is just a lack of power/battery issue.

Zen FAQ

Old 07-12-2008, 11:34 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Do you think this is a battery problem or is there something else that is not working properly. I don't mind throwing a new battery in there, but I am worried that there is some problem with the motherboard.
It could be that a new battery is needed. However, it can also be a more serious issue, perhaps with the mainboard. But the fact that it seemed to be working properly before (post 11) with less battery life, it could very well just be the battery. See the replacement guide and video links in post 12 for help with replacing the battery. Good luck!

Zen FAQ

Old 07-13-2008, 05:29 AM

http://base.googlehosted.com/base_me...8cf5631e&hl=en

anyone that looks simmilar to that design ( the label ) is a "ebay battery" like the crappy one i have.

Old 07-13-2008, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRS View Post
Perhaps it is just a depleted battery that no longer charges. It may be worth purchasing a new battery to try. Otherwise, if even a new battery doesn't help, I affraid it looks to be a more serious issue like a corrupt ROM chip in which you will need a new mainboard to repair. Hopefully it is just a lack of power/battery issue.
Where would I get a new battery?

Old 07-13-2008, 12:38 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Check here for some options. Good luck!

Zen FAQ

Old 07-13-2008, 12:53 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Not necessarily. That label doesn't mean it comes from just EBay. Many OEM or retail batteries have labels like this and sold in many places.

Zen FAQ

Old 07-13-2008, 01:21 PM

Thanks, Bobby.

Old 07-13-2008, 01:23 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hey no problem.

Zen FAQ

Old 07-13-2008, 04:54 PM
Ultra Senior Member

What firmware version is in your player?

Tags
battery, clicking, dying, firmware, flashing blue light, over heat, replacement, usb charge msc problem