android
Old 10-19-2008, 08:48 AM

Default X-Fi on The Mac (Leopard)

Hey Guys,

I'm looking at the X-Fi and I read the Review, Graham said you could get it to work on the mac. Has anyone tried it.

If not then Do you have any recommendations that do work on the Mac. I already looked at the Sony's and Didn't like the Interface.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-19-2008, 02:29 PM

well, you could always just "Borrow" windows from a torrent site for a dual boot, pretty soon XP will no longer be supported by microsoft so, technically, its not as bad to torrent it..

but yeah dual boot could be it?

Old 10-19-2008, 02:31 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by venality View Post
well, you could always just "Borrow" windows from a torrent site for a dual boot, pretty soon XP will no longer be supported by microsoft so, technically, its not as bad to torrent it..

but yeah dual boot could be it?
lol, seriously? not as bad? really?

Old 10-19-2008, 02:38 PM

yeah o.o

Old 10-19-2008, 02:42 PM
Ultra Senior Member

don't justify it...either steal or don't steal...but there's no "less theft" or "more theft"...

Old 10-19-2008, 02:49 PM

technically, it isnt theft, when microsoft stops supporting it, because they don't want it any more, and if you really think about it, torrenting isnt stealing, its sharing. Because, some one did buy it legally first, and they wanted other people to enjoy it to, so if you dont keep it forever its kinda like lending a dvd or something to your friend so they can enjoy it for a while.

Old 10-19-2008, 02:55 PM
Ultra Senior Member

no it's not...

torrenting a product that is NOT available for free from the manufacturer is stealing...point, blank, period. Look at the ULA...i don't care if it was purchased originally or not...only that single person owns the license to it...it's so specific in fact, that corporations have to pay licensing fees on EACH workstation they use the product on.

Whether they support it or not, it is still stealing.

Look, i download too...but I don't try to make myself feel better by saying "Oh, it's not stealing if some one bought it originally." or "It's not stealing because Microsoft is supporting Vista now"...that's BS and you know it. Man up.

Old 10-19-2008, 04:08 PM

Easy, Fella's I don't want windows on my Mac. That's why i bought a mac. If there isn't a way don't worry about it. I'll just get another nano or a Classic.

Old 10-19-2008, 06:37 PM
Ultra Senior Member

i don't know about the x-fi specifically, but the creative zen stone supports MAC...so i don't see why the x-fi wouldnt. You could always get one a store and return it if it's not compatible...the Sansa Fuze seems to be Mac compatible though according to ABi Compare....

Old 10-19-2008, 06:39 PM

So why do you want a Creative player when you have a Mac? There's easier ways, you know...

Old 10-19-2008, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
So why do you want a Creative player when you have a Mac? There's easier ways, you know...
I'm Open to Suggestions.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:10 PM

XNJB ( http://www.wentnet.com/projects/xnjb/ ) will probably do the trick (though I may be too late to help you out).

Old 01-02-2012, 02:49 PM

Can anyone confirm whether or not XNJB is Zen Xfi compatibel? I was very pleased with XNJB using my regular Zen and muvo. Now I'm thinking of getting the X-fi, but it's not listed amongst the other PMP's on wentnet.com

thx

Old 02-07-2012, 10:13 AM

Default Comfirmed

I just confirmed that XNJB does in fact work with the x-fi and mac :] I was in the same situation and came across this board. Tried it and was good to go!