android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Microsoft Zune

Old 01-26-2010, 05:26 AM

Default New pre-HD Zune 3.30 firmware, and Zune 4.2 software

FYI, the pre-Zune HD devices have been updated from 3.20 (35) to 3.30 (39)...

The Zune PC software also had a relatively minor update to 4.2.202.0. (Finally Podcasts have their own configurable Zune folder.)

I haven't had time to test/evaluate. Have fun.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-26-2010, 10:31 AM

So, whenever someone gets the chance please post if the infinite time bug has been solved. I am not going to take the chance and upgrade from 3.0 (i have already downgraded once and I just got all my music back on!).
You don't have to fight the monster, at first you can run away. Later on you can blind it causing it to fall off the balcony. When the opportunity arrives, push it off the bridge. If you have time, you can even put the beast out of its misery.

Old 01-28-2010, 12:13 AM

this update blows, its making my zune 80GB bug out. the install wouldn't copy to my zune, and for some reason it hard reset itself. it then still wouldn't load the new firmware update and its now frozen on screen 3 that just says please wait. won't reset with Back + UP.
anyone get luckier than me?

Old 01-28-2010, 03:40 PM

Default Firmware upgrade on 120

I just updated my 120 with the new firmware, and so far no problems. Sorry yours is giving you such an issue. I've only had it for about a month, so the 3.20 firmware was the first I had used it with. I haven't noticed any differences yet, but everything seems to be working properly.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:46 AM

I'm having the same problem. I tried to update my Zune 80gb to the new 3.3 firmware and now my Zune is stuck in an infinite reboot loop. I can't hard reset.

This is incredibly annoying. If anyone has any ideas for solutions, please share them.

Old 01-29-2010, 02:23 PM

This is from another forum, but hopefully it'll help somebody:

[quote user="Zolland"]So if anyone else finds their Zune to be in an infinite loop of restarting and having a blank screen...do a master reset AND master wipe.

Problem #1: I couldn't "agree" to the Terms of Service without getting an error.
Solution #1: Rather than trying to "agree" via the Zune software, I logged in to the Zune website. There, I was able to "agree" to the terms (it prompted me right away after logging in) and it counted for my Zune software as well.

Problem #2: The infinite restarting loop, blank black screen (with LED still on), and then restarting. Repeat.
Solution #2: This will wipe your entire Zune...but since your software won't be effected, you'll be able to resync everything back onto it.
A) Master reset. Hold the back arrow and "up" on the Zune pad. Then, quickly...
B) Master wipe. Hold the back arrow, the center of the Zune pad, and the play button.

After a few seconds, the "Please wait" screen will come up on the Zune screen. Eventually, it'll tell you to connect your Zune to the PC via the USB cable while the Zune software is already running. Wait for all the bars to load, and voila.

Hopefully this will be able to save somebody time.
[/quote]