android
Old 11-20-2008, 12:32 AM
Buddy

Default New Zune pass - subscription AND own music in one!

Hi folks:

Just a heads up that tonight we released a pretty significant overhaul to our Zune pass offer.

Starting now, your $14.99/mo subscription to Zune will also include 10 downloads for songs you can keep (as in, just like you bought them outright).

Check it out:

http://zuneinsider.com/archive/2008/...s-to-keep.aspx

Cheers, Dave.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-24-2009, 08:41 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Sorry for digging up this old post, but I have a few new questions. I understand that Zune Pass songs stop playing if you cancel your account.

- Are they automatically deleted from your PC and Zune when that happens?
- If you reactivate the same account later, will those songs start playing again, assuming they weren't deleted?
- How quickly do they deactivate? I open a Pass on the 15th of a month, and only pay for one month. Do they stop on the 15th a month later, or some day withing a few days after that?
- Will the desktop software or the Zunes themselves in any way remind us our subscription is about to expire?
- How easy is it to buy just one month (or just 3 months for example) and have it auto-terminate when that time has passed?
- Does my credit card keep getting dinged unless I specifically cancel, even if I'm no longer using the service?
- Is there an easy link to cancel at? If so could you post it?

Old 09-26-2009, 03:23 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Bump. Any chance you're watching this thread, DaveMac?

Old 09-26-2009, 05:22 PM
Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
Sorry for digging up this old post, but I have a few new questions. I understand that Zune Pass songs stop playing if you cancel your account.
Actually, they stop playing 30 days after your last billing, so depending upon when you cancel, that could be close to a month after your cancellation.

Quote:
- Are they automatically deleted from your PC and Zune when that happens?
No - the song files remain on your PC and in your collection, you just can't play them. You can of course delete them if you wish.

Quote:
- If you reactivate the same account later, will those songs start playing again, assuming they weren't deleted?
Yes, exactly.

Quote:
- How quickly do they deactivate? I open a Pass on the 15th of a month, and only pay for one month. Do they stop on the 15th a month later, or some day withing a few days after that?
See first answer. If you buy your pass on the 15th, cancel it the next day, they'll remain playable until the 15th of the next month.

Quote:
- Will the desktop software or the Zunes themselves in any way remind us our subscription is about to expire?
I think you get an email - plus the software shows you the date of renewal and your status in the "Settings" page.

Quote:
- How easy is it to buy just one month (or just 3 months for example) and have it auto-terminate when that time has passed?
You can buy a 1-month pass, you can buy a 1-month gift card pass (so you enter in a code - no auto-renewal - there are a few options here. I'll be honest - I've never tried them, I have an auto-renewing Zune Pass subscription.

Quote:
- Does my credit card keep getting dinged unless I specifically cancel, even if I'm no longer using the service?
If you a Zune Pass subscriber, there is no "requirement" to use it. You will continue to be billed as a subscriber, regardless of your usage.

Quote:
- Is there an easy link to cancel at? If so could you post it?
There is an option directly in your software labelled "Cancel Zune Pass". Very easy.

Cheers, Dave.

Old 09-26-2009, 08:39 PM

of course, you get to keep 10 songs every month, no matter what, correct? and these songs are mp3 format?

Old 09-27-2009, 06:51 AM
Buddy

That's correct - 10 songs a month and they come down as MP3s.

Cheers, Dave.

Old 09-27-2009, 08:04 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMac-MS View Post
You can buy a 1-month pass, you can buy a 1-month gift card pass (so you enter in a code - no auto-renewal - there are a few options here. I'll be honest - I've never tried them, I have an auto-renewing Zune Pass subscription.

Cheers, Dave.
Thanks for your answers Dave. About gift PASS cards: I notice only one size (one year) available at Zune.net. The POINTS cards are available in three sizes, but I have no idea how these relate to or if they can be used for Zune Pass "purchase". I know I can sign up for 14 free days. Can you point me to a one month PASS card?

Is there any way to take full adantage of the Marketplace for audio and video subscription and purchases WITHOUT points? I'd love to simply let my purchases all go to a credit card I would have on account. This works fine in the Apple and Amazon worlds.

Tags
pass, subscription, zune, zune pass