android
Old 11-11-2008, 02:59 PM

Default zen sleek recognized but not under my computer

Hi Im really sorry if this is already on here somewhere,Im new just signed up today and I got a little overwhelmed rooting to see if anyone has anything on this yet.

I just switched to a new (er) pc ,put xp pro on it with service pack 2.Installed my zen sleek drivers media source 5 and a few other creative programs.My zen sleek (not photo) is recognized and everything seems to work fine,but it just doiesnt appear as a hard drive under my computer.I remember at one time it would put up an icon that looked exactly like the player but I cant remember what I did on my old pc to get it to do that.It is showing now under my device manager and creative media source is working with it.

Anyone have any suggestions to get that icon back under my computer again? Its not appearing as a hard drive under administrative tools computer management drive management either.I dont have the original cd as I bought my zen on ebay years ago.

Any help is really really appreciated.thanks

By the way,I do have 2 hard drives installed one is partritioned into 4.So many drive letters are being used should I reassign drive letters further up on my hds so an earlier letter is available for the sleek?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-13-2008, 12:48 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Welcome ToniJ1960. The Zen Sleek in an MTP device which means it will not show up as an attached drive. MTP devices show as Portable Devices. It will be listed under the Portable Devices section in Device Manager and will show as a Portable Device under My Computer. Since it is an MTP device and not a MSC/UMS device, it will not show up under Drive Management or My Computer as another Drive letter.

Zen FAQ

Old 11-16-2008, 12:28 PM

Default thanks

Its showing up under portable devices Im not sure if it was before or not but thanks.Now how did I manage to have it use a different icon before that looks exactly like the sleek instead of that generic player icon.Can I change it somehow I forgot what did it before.

Old 11-16-2008, 01:16 PM
Ultra Senior Member

An MTP device connects as a Portable Device with that icon. You cannot have it changed to connect as an attached drive.

Zen FAQ

Old 11-18-2008, 06:40 PM

Default didnt make it clear

Sorry I didnt make it clear.I meant it used to have a different icon it used under the portable player area.One that looked like the zen sleek in fact.

Old 11-18-2008, 07:32 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Oh, OK I see. Yeah, I believe the icon is set based upon the MTP version installed. What version of WMP do you have installed? Have you changed it recently? The Creative software may also change the icon.

Have you ever tried this? Not sure if it works or not though...

Zen FAQ

Old 11-19-2008, 03:07 PM

Default thanks :)

I see that you are really trying to help me with this and it probably seems a little silly,its working and everything I just liked the icon it had before.What I did was switch to a different pc and reinstalled everything.Im thinking it was some piece of creative software that had changed the icon before but I cant remember which it was.

Right now I have installed wmp 10 as it always seemed to work better for me.I could try wmp 11 and see what happens I guess.

Old 11-19-2008, 03:15 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniJ1960 View Post
Im thinking it was some piece of creative software that had changed the icon before but I cant remember which it was.
I'm thinking this as well.

Zen FAQ