android
Old 01-16-2009, 12:45 AM

Default The BEST Video Converter for the Mozaic!

For all those people having all these problems loading videos to their mozaics here is the BEST way to load videos onto it(With HD quality).
Download Super Video Converter : http://www.erightsoft.info/GetFile.php?SUPERsetup.exe

The settings to convert the Video are:

Video Scale Size - 160 x 128
Output Container - Avi
Output Codec - M-JPEG
Audio Codec - mp3

I believe that's it...
If you have any questions feel free to post it and I will help you.

Hope this helps

(ALSO, some1 has just brought to the light that there is a problem with fast-forwarding using this software,I will try to find out how to fix it.)

Last edited by 180min; 01-17-2009 at 11:41 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-16-2009, 07:54 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Super has been around a while and is discussed here in the Forums often. It is one of the most preferred programs to use for video conversions. With that said, have you tested and verified that this does work with video conversions that play back on the Mozaic?

Zen FAQ

Old 01-16-2009, 08:51 PM

Yea, I use that software for my Mozaic, fortunately it worked.Decided to make a post after seeing so many people having problems with Video and the Mozaic.

Old 01-17-2009, 03:42 AM

Default Video size

160 x 128 is not an option for video scale in my Super. The lowest I can get is 240 x 192. I've found all the other options fine.

Do I need to update to a newer version of Super? Or is there simply some tickybox I am completely missing? Or does that size also work?

EDIT: I downloaded the newest version of Super, and it seems to be working perfectly. Nevermind, and thanks for the information on what to convert to. :)

Last edited by Harbek; 01-17-2009 at 04:03 AM. Reason: Updating.

Old 01-17-2009, 07:51 AM
Ultra Senior Member

This is good news. Now you don't have to use the Creative software like most other Zen's. I didn't think the older versions of Super would do this either, so thanks for posting and confirming the new version does just fine.

Zen FAQ

Old 01-17-2009, 10:38 AM

One problem I did find though, is if I tried fast-forwarding through something, the audio and video would get eventually really out of sync. However, I don't think it happens if you watch something start to end. (Also, the files are fine on the computer.) Not sure if this is a file problem or a player problem.

Old 01-17-2009, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbek View Post
One problem I did find though, is if I tried fast-forwarding through something, the audio and video would get eventually really out of sync. However, I don't think it happens if you watch something start to end. (Also, the files are fine on the computer.) Not sure if this is a file problem or a player problem.
I noticed this also,I will see it this is a problem with the convert settings.

Old 01-17-2009, 12:08 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Settings could be part of the issue. Also take note that the other recent Zen releases suffer from a bad progressive A/V Sync bug. See here. Usually encoding to a different container besides AVI (like WMV) helps with this, but seeing how the Mozaic doesn't support this...... It would be interesting if the Creative software suffers from the same A/V sync issue if adjusting Super's settings doesn't help.

Zen FAQ

Old 01-27-2009, 04:45 PM

Default need help converting a video.

i just got the 4g Moziac today. it's 9/10th of music as of right now and i tried playing a video. but it says that it can't play the video with that bitrate.

i used SUPER to convert the video (it's .avi, MJPEG and mp3) with the correct dimensions for the vid. the bitrate is 24XXX (it stays in place, i can't lower it or anything) and somewhere else it says 64.

i can't seem to find the Converter that came with the CD, i got Creative Central with the CD but i have no idea where i can convert the video within CC. it's kind of frustating to break your balls all day long just because the video doesn't want to play because something is up with the bitrate.

Old 01-27-2009, 05:17 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Thread merged with main Video thread. You may want to give it a read.

This may help with converting video with Creative Centrale (although it is for the Zen X-Fi, the Mozaic should have the same process, just different specs).

For using Super for the conversion, see this thread.
See attachment for the Zen Mozaic Manual:
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mozaic Manual.zip (262.1 KB, 7 views)

Zen FAQ

Last edited by BobbyRS; 01-28-2009 at 12:01 PM.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:55 PM

I've got super and set it up like you said, but when i put the videos on my mozaic it says that it doesn't support that bit rate. Any help?

Old 01-29-2009, 09:29 AM
Ultra Senior Member

What bitrate are you using because I don't believe one has been mentioned here that works or not? Have you just kept trying different bitrates until you find one that the Mozaic may like?

Zen FAQ

Old 01-29-2009, 02:48 PM

If I keep the compression as MJPEG it does not let me go any lower than what it set, 2496 I think. I can try going higher, but I get the feeling that's not what its looking for.

Last edited by JustBecca; 01-29-2009 at 03:07 PM.

Old 01-31-2009, 11:14 AM

Help It Doesnt Work

I put in the file settings for my videos like u said on Super and when i put it on the mozaic it was placed under my videos on the mozaic,i went to go play it and it said the format wasnt supported,what do you think?

Old 01-31-2009, 07:10 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hopefully someone using Super for the Mozaic can chime in soon. Make sure you are using the latest version of Super. I would also make sure that you are using the latest version of the firmware.

Zen FAQ

Old 01-31-2009, 09:13 PM

Default yes

im using the latest version of Super and current firmware for the mozaic,there has to be a key to this

Old 02-01-2009, 12:21 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Well, like I said, hopefully some can post soon with some more info. If the video conversion can work, then it has to be a setting issue if not working after transfer.

Zen FAQ

Old 02-03-2009, 07:52 AM

Default after video conversion

so after i convert the video, do i still use creative centrale to transfer it? because the converted file refuses to show up in centrale. is there any other way i can get it onto my player [i.e. via windows media player?] please help!! thanks

Old 02-03-2009, 07:54 AM
Ultra Senior Member

You can, but you can also just open up Windows Explorer and drag and drop the file.

Zen FAQ

Old 02-04-2009, 07:08 PM

i did it using creative centreale ,i dont know details but ill have them by weekend

all you have to do is click the video tab on the left then click the settings on the top and then you click watch folders on the new window that opens then add the the file you would like to be watched so when new videos are placed you can see the file on creative centreale

Last edited by BobbyRS; 02-04-2009 at 08:01 PM.

Tags
bitrate, encoding, mozaic, super, video