android
Old 11-10-2008, 06:24 AM

Default Videos on Creative Zen Mozaic

Hi,
I have a brand new Creative Zen Mozaic.
It's working great. But my problem is:

I've tried to put some epidodes of South Park on it, using the Creative Centrale.
The episodes are working on my Zen, and the quality is very good, except the filesize of each video is very big.
The original size of a South Park episode is about 130 mb.
But when it's converted on my Zen, it's more than 200 mb!
This means I don't have any space left on my Zen.

Isn't the video size of the converted video suposed to be smaller than the originial size? Cause the resolution is way smaller... (160 x 120)
How can I make the size of the videos on my Zen smaller? Cause 200 mb for each video is just too much...

Also, I was wondering if it is possible to put videos from youtube on my zen?

I hope anybody can help me.
Thank you very much!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-10-2008, 08:56 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Video file size will be much larger due to the Mozaic using MJPEG (Motion JPG) which uses a high bitrate.

From here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRS View Post
I believe the Mozaic is similar in regards to video playback capability as the Zen V Plus. In that I mean it uses the AVI container with MJPEG as the video stream and MP3 as the audio stream, but with a resolution or 128 x 160 pixels. You can use either the Creative Video Converter software or try using this guide with VirtualDub. Good luck!

Zen FAQ

Old 11-10-2008, 11:37 AM

Ok, I've tried the virtualdub guide, but it didn't seem to work.
So i guess there's no other way to make the videos for Zen Mozaic smaller?

Anyway thanks for helping

Old 11-10-2008, 12:14 PM
Ultra Senior Member

No, they will get larger regardless. That is the only way the Mozaic can handle the playback of video. Virtualdub won't help with that. Virtualdub just provides an alternative to the Creative software. If you want a player geared more for video playback, then I suggest you take a look at the other Zen's like the regular Zen or the Zen X-Fi. On the Mozaic, video playback is more of a bonus than a real feature.

Zen FAQ

Old 12-09-2008, 02:29 PM

Hi, I just bought a zen mozaic for my mum, problem is, we use mac so i cant use the creative converter. I read that zen mozaic in particular accepts only avi files with motion jpeg codec. so far, i havent been able to find any suitable video converter. any solutions for that? thanks!

Old 12-09-2008, 02:55 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Welcome smilkie. So far, I've only heard that the Creative software is the only successful way of getting videos converted properly on the Mozaic. VirtualDub should work, but I haven't heard of anyone successfully doing so yet.

Zen FAQ

Old 12-10-2008, 01:27 AM

virtualdub runs on windows as well right? darn. mac users are doomed. haha.

hi, somehow i managed to convert my video files in motion jpeg compressed avi files through mpeg streamclip. however, it says bitrate not supported when i tried to play it. would you happen to know what are the exact bitrate that zen mozaic can function at?

Last edited by BobbyRS; 12-10-2008 at 10:08 AM.

Old 12-10-2008, 10:19 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilkie View Post
virtualdub runs on windows as well right? darn. mac users are doomed. haha.
Yes it does. Sorry.... you maybe able to run a Windows emulator like Bootcamp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilkie View Post
hi, somehow i managed to convert my video files in motion jpeg compressed avi files through mpeg streamclip. however, it says bitrate not supported when i tried to play it. would you happen to know what are the exact bitrate that zen mozaic can function at?
Oh yeah, what software did you end up using? Did you use 16bit for video output?

Zen FAQ

Old 12-10-2008, 12:00 PM

i used mpeg streamclip. it doesnt allow me to choose my video bitrate, and only limited audio bitrate options. so im stuck again unless i run my converted files to edit bitrates using other ways.

Old 12-10-2008, 12:22 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Well, there is always finding a Windows computer somewhere or using the emulator I mentioned above.

Zen FAQ

Old 12-22-2008, 12:01 PM

Default Just a few questions

To get a video and download them onto my mp3, do I have to buy them from an online source? (I've never had an mp3 player that could hold videos)
When I scroll through my music, sometimes I have to hit the up, down, right, and left keys several times before they respond. Is there any way to keep the buttons from sticking when I scroll through? If there isn't, I could live with it.

Old 12-22-2008, 12:32 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Welcome pirouette849. You can either rip and convert your own videos and DVD's or download them from the Internet. I've heard of the scrolling not being as responsive as it should. Perhaps making sure you have the latest firmware installed will help. If not, then maybe Creative will address the issue in upcoming firmware releases.

Zen FAQ

Old 12-22-2008, 02:01 PM

Okay. I tried ripping a dvd to my computer but it said something about my decoding software not being found... Something along the lines of that... Is there any way to fix that?

Old 12-22-2008, 02:06 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Make sure you have the proper codecs installed on your computer to handle the encoding/decoding.

Zen FAQ

Old 12-22-2008, 02:12 PM

Okay thanks a lot for your help!

Old 12-22-2008, 02:22 PM
Ultra Senior Member

No problem. Good luck and enjoy the Mozaic.

Zen FAQ

Old 12-26-2008, 04:59 AM

Default videos on zen mosaic

hey i got a big problem!

if i put videos on my zen mozaic,
i cant watch them!!!
so if you know how to put videos on zen mozaic,
plssss tell me

Last edited by jerkoh; 12-26-2008 at 05:46 AM.

Old 12-26-2008, 09:23 AM

It's quite easy,use Creative Centrale,drag&drop the video in the video section of the software,wait for it to upload,after it is done uploading to the program then click it,then click transfer and wait for it to be converted and transferred to your Mozaic!

Old 12-26-2008, 11:13 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Merged with existing Video thread.

Zen FAQ

Old 12-26-2008, 01:50 PM

Default Mozaic video transfering problems

I can't get videos on my Mozaic for some reason It could be the format but it says it's right but when I go to transfer, it dosen't give me anything and i have an error when I hit the transfer tab. When I try to watch the video it says something like wrong decoder. Maybe the video converter is wrong? Please help i'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Tags
bitrate, encoding, mozaic, super, video