android
Old 10-31-2008, 04:45 PM

Default Screen on Sony WALKMANS

Is it made out of plastic or glass? I think it's glass.
And what's normal use of the WALKMAN? I read the manual, but screen wise: is it easily to make a scratch on the screen or can I safely put it on my jacket's or pants front pockets?

Last edited by Lazarus Ledd; 10-31-2008 at 04:52 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-31-2008, 10:51 PM

pretty sure its plastic.
i've never tried scratching it.
i use a diy screen protector sheet from bestskinsever
i'm sure you can buy precut as well from there or invisible shield or the likes
its not like the cheap garbage screen protector sheets. these are basically invisible and do not come off easily. they are applied with water solution and depending on whos marketing you believe they are for protecting fancy car paintwork or helicopter blades. there are videos of its scratch resistence on youtube. you'll crush plastic long before you scratch the screen with one applied, no bubbles, very clear. once on you don't have to worry about the screen anymore, i've had mine in my pocket against keys and such. not a scratch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7n0jQWCSfA
this video shows application. it is gas permeable. any small bubbles you fail to get out disappear in a week. so it gets clearer days after application actually as it cures.
i also use a cheap silicon skin you can guy online cheap for more protection..plus it allows use of a armband.

Last edited by frimframsauce; 10-31-2008 at 11:10 PM.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frimframsauce View Post
once on you don't have to worry about the screen anymore, i've had mine in my pocket against keys and such. not a scratch.
I agree.

Sony NWZ-A728B, Sony NWZ-A816, iPod Shuffle 1GB

Old 10-31-2008, 11:18 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The screens are plastic, I've been corrected on this matter before, so it's kinda' hard to forget!!! But, no matter what, go w/a screen protector as frimframsauce has suggested. I have 1 applied to my A829 as a precaution also. Like they say "It's better to be safe, than sorry", I agree 100%!!!

Old 11-01-2008, 02:08 AM

Thanks.

I have also a NW-E107, took care of it like it was my baby, and the first time i borrowed it to a girl to listen music on a trip that we were, she somehow scratched it with her nail =D while half sleep

Now the NWZ-E436, It's on home care util i find something to prtect it.
I was looking for the silicon bag for the player, and it's....expensive...still I'm considering it, cause it has a hole at the WM port so it can be hang onto a strip over the neck.
Consider I live in Croatia and the repair shop for WALKMAN orders these additional equipment from Belgium. It's also a representative for round saw, other mech appliances =D
Anyway I tried my luck at mobile shop to see if they had a protective screen, but no. That's how much they care. Consider that over 50% of capital & mafia =D is concentrated at the main capital on north while we on the south lack supply.

I dunno what are my chances of finding a protector screen of your recommendation here. Still haven+t exploredall possiblities. I was considering buying one for the S series which is compatiblewith E436 and has a supplied proctective screen, where as a E-series specified silicon case on has the case ???

How much did it cost you?
I don't suppose anyone would offer to buy it and send me via mail if I send the money, as a last option =D ?

Old 11-01-2008, 02:53 AM

might as well paste from a thread with the same question the link below might have a 436 compatible skin, i dunno, i just know generic skins are very cheap. i use a 72x. skins are good, the tacky grippiness makes dropping a unit pretty difficult:P i can place it on angled surfaces or whatever for a moment and not worry about it slipping off. whether this place ships to croatia is unknown, but cheap generic silicon cases do exist. as for the screen protectors, well i'm sure theres a european equivalent of invisible shield/bestskinsever. just look for a screen protector that requires liquid for application. http://www.meritline.com/sony-walkman.html

the best screen protector to use would be the bestskinsever.com do it yourself sheet. under 10 bucks shipped and you got plenty left to protect other things. just cut out a piece bit enough for the screen, it doesn't have to be that exact since the edges are covered by the silicon case. i used a sheet of paper to pencil rub a stencil to get a good fit. its the same material as the invisible shield which is much hyped as either helicopter blade protector film or bumper paint guard for fancy cars depending on who's marketing department you trust. either way it goes on clear and is nearly indestructible..and doesn't peel off easy. its not like the cheap films, this stuff goes on with a bit of spray water. check out some invisible shield videos on youtube if you want to see torture tests or how to put it on right. theres a good one of some guy putting it on an ipod. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7n0jQWCSfA

if you damage the film you probably smashed the device anyways nayways the combination of silicon skin+this film makes it rather well protected. you don't have to worry about it in your pocket.

the fluids just water with a small drop of soap mixed in and then allowed to sit until bubbles go away really. use a cheap spray bottle.
any bubbles or small imperfections you couldn't get out during install disappear slowly over a week..its gas permeable. after that its pretty sweet.

screen protector films from big box stores tend to be more saran wrappy static clingy junk. its neither got a perfect contact or securely stuck on or very strong. not good stuff.

Old 11-03-2008, 12:49 PM

Found a guy that a reseller of InvisibleShiled for iPhone classic/3G.
Unfortunatly, the ZAGG doesn't a Invisible Shiled(tm) for sony's new NWZ-E436, but only for the older line
http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/media-player/sony

I've contacted my local hardware magazine to see what they say. They just did a review omp3 player form 8gb and above, didn't buy it, cause, i already got one =D