android
Old 04-30-2006, 11:05 PM

Exclamation Maximizing Hours per Charge?

I recently purchased a 2 GB model from walmart.com. I had quite a bit of a problem with UPS, as the package started in California, was suppose to end up in Central California, and somehow ended up in Florida, tacking on another 8 days until I would receive it. Makes me wonder why people complain about USPS having a monopoly before. Anyways, enough about those idiots, and onto my other dilemna.

Some people clamored for alphabetical sorting, others didn't. I'm used to play songs in the order I want it, unless I feel like Random, so WMP, playlists, and ReNamer didn't make this a lasting issue. Still wondering if there was an easier way, but that's ok for now.

The real peev I have with the player is that is has (informally) lasted 6 hours for me on a charge. At first, I thought I didn't charge it long enough, but then I tried again and left it connected for 10 hours. Still the same output.

I don't really know what else could affect the playtime besides volume, since the screen only lasts 20 seconds until it turns off again.

Using the standard necklace/headphones, I set the volume to about 17. I use it while studying or doing something, with people around. I do have a lanyard and Sony in-ear bud headphones, but I was annoyed a bit at having to put the Sonys away instead of letting them dangle, since it is awkward having it on without something like lanyard rings hold it together.

Basically, any tips and tricks would be appreciated. I love this cube, and I really only listen to music casually, but it does bother me a bit at only getting 60% output instead of an understable 80%.

Thank you Anything but iPod and the thoughtful supports of.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-01-2006, 11:32 PM

Well i personally havent found a way to increase batt. life but one question, what codec is the majority of your music in?

Old 05-03-2006, 05:30 PM

Most of the 500 files are MP3. There are a few WMAs, maybe 15 at the most, but the ones I usually play are 160 or 192 bitrates.

Old 05-03-2006, 05:52 PM

ahh, well MP3 is more effiecent than WMA and of course lower bitrates are too, but thats about all you can do about it

Old 05-03-2006, 06:39 PM

From what I read, a Li-Ion battery needs some recharge-cycles to reach its full potential. First charge might not be as long lasting as a more 'mature' battery.

Here's a comprehensive read about treating your batteries right: http://www.batteryuniversity.com/

Old 05-28-2006, 04:13 PM

Interesting link, dfkt. Thanks.

Michael

Old 06-08-2006, 04:41 PM

I barely get 4 hours charge form my 3 day old cube. Im giving it one more charge then its getting RMA'd, and if the next ones not much better ill be getting a refund and buying a zen micro.

Old 06-26-2006, 06:30 PM

yep, next one was exactly the same , 4 hours on a 3-4 hour charge. How annoying i really liked this machine otherwise.

Old 07-02-2006, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plan303e
I recently purchased a 2 GB model from walmart.com. I had quite a bit of a problem with UPS, as the package started in California, was suppose to end up in Central California, and somehow ended up in Florida, tacking on another 8 days until I would receive it. Makes me wonder why people complain about USPS having a monopoly before. Anyways, enough about those idiots, and onto my other dilemna.

Some people clamored for alphabetical sorting, others didn't. I'm used to play songs in the order I want it, unless I feel like Random, so WMP, playlists, and ReNamer didn't make this a lasting issue. Still wondering if there was an easier way, but that's ok for now.

The real peev I have with the player is that is has (informally) lasted 6 hours for me on a charge. At first, I thought I didn't charge it long enough, but then I tried again and left it connected for 10 hours. Still the same output.

I don't really know what else could affect the playtime besides volume, since the screen only lasts 20 seconds until it turns off again.

Using the standard necklace/headphones, I set the volume to about 17. I use it while studying or doing something, with people around. I do have a lanyard and Sony in-ear bud headphones, but I was annoyed a bit at having to put the Sonys away instead of letting them dangle, since it is awkward having it on without something like lanyard rings hold it together.

Basically, any tips and tricks would be appreciated. I love this cube, and I really only listen to music casually, but it does bother me a bit at only getting 60% output instead of an understable 80%.

Thank you Anything but iPod and the thoughtful supports of.
I bought my 2GB DAH-1500i about a month ago, to record a convention from the low-frequency radio station provided for the hard of hearing. I learned that battery life is even lower when you record from fm, only 2-3 hours. I've been researching on the internet and in stores ever since, with no concrete answers.

I do have some ideas, though. There are AA battery-powered charge extenders available. If there is a reverse splitter available that allows for charging and using the earbuds, you could just replace the AA batteries in the extender. I'm trying to get brave enough to order one on the web without being confident that it will work (since I'm broke!). I haven't found them at any of the local stores.

The splitter is another story. The only splitters I've seen are to allow the user to share their player with another user, which seems ridiculous. If you have paid hard-earned money for an mp3 player, your friends should do the same, instead of sponging.

Any other ideas?

Old 07-22-2007, 09:37 AM

the player is a little bit bigger than a die. The battery is a coin battery.
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archi...0-apart-e1.php